Competition from Disney

-KeggER-

I love Star Wars genre space combat. Maybe my expectations of the GSF are too high. I played SWG for the JTL, and was really bummed to see it go away. Instead of shooting down all these suggestions by pilot enthusiasts like myself, take what suggestions they do have and make this game better. I'd hate to see the que times even longer due to people not playing it anymore. Looks like Disney is working on something big, that's free to play.... http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com

I loved Jump to Lightspeed, I also was an ACE (which I soloed, talk about a fight) . It was a great addition, though it only lives in the memories of those that played now. The new Starfighter for Swtor, is groovy. Its certainly a challenge to maneuver those fighters in close quarters. I'm sure they will continue to improve the current game. We just need to keep at it. Full release is not till February sometime when they allow the Free to Play folks to join in the action.

The Star Wars Attack Squadrons looks great. I doubt it will have the same flow and customization that Jump to Lightspeed had. Its a Star Wars space combat game. X-wings, TIE's and awesomeness. Ill be there.

May the Force be with us, always.

:csw_r2d2:

I was also a JTL junkie but quit few months after the "upgrade" that turned it into a wow clone. To be honest I'm not digging the Starfighter as much as JTL. I was much better with a joystick than trying to fly with a mouse.

I was also on wanderhome were you a part of the pilots association?

I was also a JTL junkie but quit few months after the "upgrade" that turned it into a wow clone. To be honest I'm not digging the Starfighter as much as JTL. I was much better with a joystick than trying to fly with a mouse.

I was also on wanderhome were you a part of the pilots association?

Not part of the pilots association. I had the imperial pilot guild -IP-

That's just a trailer, not actual gameplay though. Actually looks pretty decent imo

To each their own. It looks like any other tablet app imo. Crappy graphics, lousy and unresponsive controls and meant to entertain for 10-15min, not hours on end.

I love Star Wars genre space combat. Maybe my expectations of the GSF are too high. I played SWG for the JTL, and was really bummed to see it go away. Instead of shooting down all these suggestions by pilot enthusiasts like myself, take what suggestions they do have and make this game better. I'd hate to see the que times even longer due to people not playing it anymore. Looks like Disney is working on something big, that's free to play.... http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com

Thanks for bringing this up. I signed up for the Beta Test. I love the customization of the ships, at least the way they are selling it. It reminds me of the way people are painting their ships in X-Wing Miniatures. It looks like Disney is paying attention, and is trying to deliver what people want.

It looks like a fun free game, the graphics are probably OK--but I don't think it will come close to Galactic Starfighter. It sort of looks like an Angry Birds version of GS. But, I'll play it likely for countless hours--because I love that kind of thing.

Looks like Disney is working on something big, that's free to play.... http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com

browser based f2p pvp only from a brand new company made up mostly of ex sierra online and some smart bomb staff that just started in june / july 2013 at area 52. a studio that is not even fully staffed yet and still looking for major dev roles and has no experience working with Disney / lucus arts

and you think that's "something big" or will even be competition for Galactic starfighter knowing zero about the game except a few talking points some screen shots and a bad trailer???

It reminds me of the way people are painting their ships in X-Wing Miniatures. It looks like Disney is paying attention, and is trying to deliver what people want.

because painting your ship is one of the more importent aspects of space.fighting games right?

it should look like star.conflict but instead it Looks even worse then GSF, wich is using an more

efficient then pretty style of graphics due to the limitations of the MMO engine

edit: if its indeed browser based that would explain the poor graphics^^

no, just go by this rule, the pics and vids they use on the Homepage to draw Attention

to the game are always edited and carefully selected to make the best Impression

even if the actual game cant hold up to the promises of the Advertising material

look at the stuff they have at the attack.squadron side,

and now imagine the Quality and look of the actual game

if the edited promo material is already as pathetic as it is on their side

Edited by Hitomo_x

yeah, exactly the kind of cheap crap you would expect from the new owner of the IP

this seems to be developed for Iphone judging by the graphics ...

Its probably a smartphone game because of the Disney logo, Disney retained the rights of making video games for Star Wars only for mobile devices. EA is making the PC/Console games for Star Wars (under Disney). Personally I despise Disney with all my heart and soul, and after all that fiasco with them using child labor in their sweatshops, I think all governments who do business with them should be permanently dismantled. That being said, this looks way better than Star Wars: Angry Birds and the mobile Death Star game they made. For a mobile game it does not look "cheap" at all.

Edited by HiddenPalm

because painting your ship is one of the more importent aspects of space.fighting games right?

It is an aspect of "space fighting." Painting a ship gives people the ability to give some individuality to their craft, and all their effort. Nobody wants to spend hours and hours playing a game and have a ship that looks just like everyone else. Uniqueness is good. Paint schemes are a part of GS. We don't know the level of detail that the other game will have on upgrades. I'll let you know because I signed up for the Beta Test. More Star Wars is not a bad thing.

I still hope the team at BioWare designs a paint scheme that allows me to put an Opee Sea Monster mouth on the front of my strike fighter.

I'll let you know because I signed up for the Beta Test. More Star Wars is not a bad thing.

so is it browserbased or for mobile.devices?

and no, after I saw star.wars angry.birds ... more star.wars seems to be a bad thing nowadays ^^

Edited by Hitomo_x