karagaa's palace bonethrasher pit FPS sucks!

Wow... so I play the game with vsync on and high settings on everything, and maintain around 45-60fps in the entire game. like everywhere. It might go down to 30fps or a little less in fleet. But for the most part I am very happy with my performance. I have a Core i5-750, 8GB, and a 5770 1GB.

But man, as soon as you are dropped into Bonethrasher's pit, my poor computer struggles to even hit 15fps, most of the time landing between 10-12fps. I look around and for the life of me can't figure out why, in an 8man raid in an enclosed space, I get a worse framerate than on like correlia or fleet!

So come on guys. fix whatever it is in bonethrasher's pit that's killing our computers (another guild member with a high end system get 80-100 everywhere, and it drops to under 40fps in the pit, and he's on an nvidia card)

I just want to add something I noticed. I didn't get lower fps in Bonethrasher's pit than I get anywhere else really and I have an old, outdated system that shouldn't even be able to run SWTOR :p

However, those in my guild with high end computers had horrible fps in the area. How does this make sense!?

that may very well be, but even with settings at low, I still only squeak above 30fps, whereas low settings outside of bonethrasher's pit will pretty much keep me at 60fps (again with vsync on).

so basically they can kill the stupid bloom effects on the ring of acid to at least not make it unplayable without changing our settings, and then figure out where we are losing the remaining 33-50% of our framerate to.

I get that this is an art thing and not a programmer thing... I just can't believe that no one tested the area with high settings on and didn't come away with "wow! I just lost half of my framerate!"