Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: Newcomers

Darthanimus
12.23.2011 , 01:44 PM | #111
I wonder if someone can help, I am new to mmos but I cant seem to start the game up, when I click play, my screen goes black then goes back to my dest top view. Tried all the connection problems steps in help, and nothing works. Any advice, maybe my laptop isn't good enough to play SWTOR full stop, would this explain the connection problems? I have vista platform, 3 GIG RAM, 945 CHIPSET family, direct x 11.

Goshee
12.23.2011 , 07:53 PM | #112
UPDATE: added a new section regarding legacy names, will update more once the new content is out.

Really worth taking a read as it may save you from an un-doable mistake

Goshee
12.23.2011 , 07:55 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthanimus View Post
I wonder if someone can help, I am new to mmos but I cant seem to start the game up, when I click play, my screen goes black then goes back to my dest top view. Tried all the connection problems steps in help, and nothing works. Any advice, maybe my laptop isn't good enough to play SWTOR full stop, would this explain the connection problems? I have vista platform, 3 GIG RAM, 945 CHIPSET family, direct x 11.
I'm not much of a techie sorry mate D:

I would love to help but I don't want to give you the wrong information. All I can suggest is looking at the minimum specs (in the guide) and seeing if they match.

If I find anyone who can help you I will send you a PM

asphaltpilot
12.23.2011 , 10:08 PM | #114
A pretty noob question here: how do I apply the color crystal to my rifle so I can change the color? Do I have to "destroy" it and my rifle on the work bench? I am missing something here. I'm a level 10 trooper.

Goshee
12.24.2011 , 06:38 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by asphaltpilot View Post
A pretty noob question here: how do I apply the color crystal to my rifle so I can change the color? Do I have to "destroy" it and my rifle on the work bench? I am missing something here. I'm a level 10 trooper.
Simply ctrl+right click your rifle then drag and drop the colour crystal into its designated slot and hit apply.

You can only do this on items that had mod slots.

Darthanimus
12.24.2011 , 06:54 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Goshee View Post
I'm not much of a techie sorry mate D:

I would love to help but I don't want to give you the wrong information. All I can suggest is looking at the minimum specs (in the guide) and seeing if they match.

If I find anyone who can help you I will send you a PM
Cheers thanks pal

PekkaJedi
12.24.2011 , 06:56 PM | #117
i Have a probelm.
its a quest there is this creature that guards a artifact, adn i can+t him down
im a Lvl19 sith assassin and nothin i do can bring him down also he unleashes samller creatures makes it almost impossible.
is there a easy way to bring him down?
Or do i have to get tol lvl21?

Nepocrates
12.24.2011 , 10:58 PM | #118
Quote:
STATS
A - Aim
C - Cunning
E - Endurance
P - Presence
S - Strength
W - Willpower
Aim - Affects bonus ranged damage and bonus ranged crit
Cunning - Affects bonus tech damage and bonus tech crit
Endurance - Affects bonus health and health regeneration
Presence - Affects bonus healing, extra companion health and extra companion damage
Strength - Affects bonus melee damage and bonus melee crit
Willpower - Affects bonus force damage and bonus force crit
Armor - Affects Kinetic and Energy damage reduction
Thanks for the guide. There is some useful info here. however things like this need more explaination. I get range damage but what is tech damage? I ask in game and I am told yellow is tech dmg. I look at my skills it has Weapon damage and Kinetic Damage but no tech damage and nothing is in yellow. it is confusing at best. Any extra info on this matter would be great/.

Thanks

Jokuhrix
12.25.2011 , 05:14 AM | #119
Great guide. Thanks for making and maintaining it.

One suggestion: When I read that scoundrels were ranged DPS and healing, I did not anticipate that the most effective scoundrel DPS would come from melee positions. As discussed in the class forums, it's really a melee DPS advanced class with some weaker ranged DPS options. This is not a QQ because I really enjoy leveling this class, but I did have a different expectation for it base on this guide. You may want to consider classifying this class and the equivalent operative as "mostly melee" and healing.

I think many people new to the game or looking for a new experience with a new class will refer to this excellent guide to help make their choice, so the more accurate the descriptions, the better for all.

ShoxDanger
12.25.2011 , 09:28 AM | #120
Good guide