If We Group With 3 Others And Use Rocket Boost, Can SWTOR Get Bug Fixes Too?

arunav

Why is the game in such poor shape, compared to the past, up to and including as recently as 4.x?

I've been here through the years since launch, and have never seen so many significant bugs all over the game, many of which seem to simply be ignored in a way that wasn't true before.

I've seen posts from BW recently stating Anthem is getting "literally thousands" of bug fixes.

What about SWTOR? If the game keeps deteriorating like this, how can you possibly keep it going as a subscription-only service (which it is at level 70 to play and gear properly)?

A few days ago, after the Guild Heraldry announcement, most of our guild was wondering what the update would break alongside its addition, and what good Heraldry is when there are so many bugs worth fixing instead.

Charles recently announced new story updates were definitely coming. Great! But the Ossus story has still left really bad bugs that haven't been fixed for our companions 3 months later, including general combat AI. We all love new story content, but it never used to break the game in past years. When it did break something (3.0 launch was a little rocky, for example), it was typically fixed.

In short, then, what if players all start posting photos grouped in 4 using Rocket Boost all over the SWTOR galaxy? Maybe we'd get some extra developer attention? Would that help? :p

Edited by arunav

A few days ago, after the Guild Heraldry announcement, most of our guild was wondering what the update would break alongside its addition, and what good Heraldry is when there are so many bugs worth fixing instead.

Charles recently announced new Story was definitely coming. Great! But the Ossus story has still left really bad bugs that haven't been fixed for our companions 3 months later, including general combat AI.

We all love new story content, but it never used to break the game in past years. When it did break something (3.0 launch was a little rocky, for example), it was typically fixed.

Yeah I think to myself the same thing. It's hard to not think that way, that new content created will add more bugs when it has happened consistently over the last couple years when they added big updates.

I too think before they start rolling out ideas for future updates, the present condition of the game needs to be addressed. If they just keep compounding bugs on top of bugs it's really going to be a mess.

The issues with companions is bad, imagine just not addressing those issues and creating new updates that add even more bugs? They really need to tighten the ship up here before they add too much new content that might add more bugs.

Hopefully they have bug fixes in the plans along with the creation of new content.

SWToR should be a much greater game than it has ever been. EA has never really committed to the game resource wise.

The comparison to Anthem besides that its new brings up one clear difference. Anthem is an IP owned by EA/Bioware AKA they don't have to share or pay for a license etc...

As long as SWToR makes money they wont close it but they have pretty much given up on the game as something that deserves significant attention (It's been that way for a very long time even though many would not admit it).

It deeply saddens me that Bioware is not what they used to be. Anthem never even made it on my radar. There was a time when I would have purchased Anthem solely because it was a Bioware game... I specifically did not purchase Anthem because it was an EA published game.

SWToR Devs you can do it... This game just needs some Bug fixes and a little depth of systems and it will endure.

SWToR should be a much greater game than it has ever been. EA has never really committed to the game resource wise.

The comparison to Anthem besides that its new brings up one clear difference. Anthem is an IP owned by EA/Bioware AKA they don't have to share or pay for a license etc...

As long as SWToR makes money they wont close it but they have pretty much given up on the game as something that deserves significant attention (It's been that way for a very long time even though many would not admit it).

It deeply saddens me that Bioware is not what they used to be. Anthem never even made it on my radar. There was a time when I would have purchased Anthem solely because it was a Bioware game... I specifically did not purchase Anthem because it was an EA published game.

SWToR Devs you can do it... This game just needs some Bug fixes and a little depth of systems and it will endure.

I hope that BW comes to the conclusion that this game is worthy of more attention regardless what happens to Anthem.

Hopefully someone strives to go above and beyond for this game, someone that has power and can make an impact on SWTOR.

It's been neglected far too long, and at this point SWTOR has proven to be really resilient.

I mean, this game has lasted a long time coasting on mostly 10 year old dev work at this point, because let's be real the content created prior to launch is still the meat on the bone for this game.

We can only wonder what this game could have been had it been given more resources and more attention than it got over the years, but it has lasted this long despite how it's been ignored/neglected.

That being said, it's proven that it's not too late. I really hope someone takes this game by the reigns and tries to add some longevity with well-done updates and new content.

The market shows that there is room for this MMO to find success. Other games are not as popular as they once were, and this game with it's powerful IP will always have potential players in the wings just because it's Star Wars.

BW is sitting on a gold mine here with SWTOR... It's time they take advantage of that instead of covering the mine up with dirt and letting it go to waste.

There are so many annoying bugs from a long long time ago.

My 2 most annoying ones:

1) Group loot - 1st person to loot picks it all up in 1 click, 2nd person has to click like a crazy man to pick it all up.

aaargh this kills me my missus is a superfast clicker and always gets it before me!

Fix this 1 thing pleaaaaaaaase.

2) Stacking items in Legacy/Guild/Cargo holds - So annoying that you cant just click some items and they stack, you have to move it into the hold, 1st - then drag it over to the exisitng stack... So many items do this. And so annoying.

Beyond the obvious companion bugs recently introduced these ancient bugs are to me the most annoying.

So as these things have existed for a long long time, I wouldnt hold breath on fixing other things quickly.

There are so many annoying bugs from a long long time ago.

My 2 most annoying ones:

1) Group loot - 1st person to loot picks it all up in 1 click, 2nd person has to click like a crazy man to pick it all up.

aaargh this kills me my missus is a superfast clicker and always gets it before me!

Fix this 1 thing pleaaaaaaaase.

2) Stacking items in Legacy/Guild/Cargo holds - So annoying that you cant just click some items and they stack, you have to move it into the hold, 1st - then drag it over to the exisitng stack... So many items do this. And so annoying.

Beyond the obvious companion bugs recently introduced these ancient bugs are to me the most annoying.

So as these things have existed for a long long time, I wouldnt hold breath on fixing other things quickly.

Agreed on all counts. That first bug you mentioned about group loot is a massive pain.