And I'm about done for now. (Not a negative thread)

Chessrook

STOP STOP! This isn't a negative thread at all. Let me explain.

I game hard. And I game fast. Most often, I beat a game once, maybe twice, and after a week, maybe a month I'm done and move on to the next. In TOR? I played 3 or 4 months, took a break, played one more month, and now I'm starting to feel the grind. Five characters completed (And by that I mean every flashpoint and every quest on every world, barring some late-game bonus series, like Hoth). And yanno what? It was a great run.

I loved the game. My trooper felt like he was starring in a War movie, and I loved making his squad. My Agent felt like it was in a bond movie, sniping from afar. My Knight... admittedly felt a bit cliche, but it was great to actually play the Falai I've always wanted to play. And the Inquisitor's ending made me feel like the most powerful b$&* in the galaxy like nothing else ever could. The Smuggler was the last, played in an RP server for the first time in any MMO. I enjoyed the few RPs I had on the way, and the Smuggler had plenty of funny lines but... maybe it's the Smuggler itself, maybe it's the fact it's my fifth completion run, but early in Coruscant I finally just wanted to finish it, and skip the sidequests. It's about time for me.

TOR is a good, fun game, and I've played it longer than most MMOs I've played (The only ones I can think of that I played for longer than this were the original Guild Wars, my first MMO, and maybe LOTRO.). But it's finally getting to me, and it's time to move on. My subscription ends on August 18th, and ten days later, I'll be moving on to the next MMO... Guild Wars 2. I'll play that as long as it holds my attention, then move on to the next game.

No, TOR wasn't bad. No, it wasn't a flop. No, I don't hate it. No, I don't find flaws that caused me to run in anger. It's simply run its course with me, and for now, we part on peaceful terms.

And who knows? I'll probably come back in a year to complete the Bounty Hunter, Warrior, and Consular quests. I am still curious about those, after all.

And no, you can't have my stuff.

If you're no longer having fun with it, then it's your option to choose to. So good luck on your adventures through MMO land, but I'm going to suspend(maybe) my subscription too for 3 months next month, because of boot camp.

just how?:rak_03:

By moving fast, ramming my head against obstacles, sneaking around enemies despite being a tank, and completing everything possible. Quickly. On average I completed a planet a day. Bonus included half the time.

Hello, Chessrook!

While we appreciate the thoughtful and constructive manner you have used to explain your reasoning for leaving, we are closing this thread. Topics such as these tend to attract overly negative reactions, and do not foster constructive discussion. That in mind, we invite you to continue to share your thoughts in the thread below:

Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Thanks!