Is October in Summer?

Ayelinna

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little bit confused Bioware.

Why is 2.4 October update mentioned in the Summer of SWTOR when October isn't summer? Wouldn't 2.4 be an Autumn update? Or do you mean its 2.4 in the summer update in the southern hemisphere? :rak_02:

If anybody could enlighten me on this subject I would be most pleased. :)

No... October is not in summer. Not in the US. Not in Australia.

Too right it's bleedin hot here in the UK , I lost my shorts too and have to wear 20 year old ones. Sigh.

Sorry to hear it's even hotter there eric ;/ Hope this Earth cools soon.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's boiling here in Canada, too. I caught myself thinking "I'd love a little rain" earlier...but then I remembered the last time it rained here, last week, when they had to send in the marine unit to rescue train passengers!

Anyway, yeah, October is not (yet) summer. If this is another one of those things they're pushing back for technical reasons, I say let them fix bugs and do more testing first, and I won't complain. If they release it too early because of pressure and its bugged, I'll be more ticked off.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

thanks eric!

I saw a few people commented on this also :p I would suggest to put something like "In addition, later this year expect to see 2.4 coming October 1" or something ;)

It's boiling here in the UK, I also hate heat :(

Ayelinna, where Im from its always burning all year round... But while I was still living in the UK the short summer heat was still near unbearable during the July months since there are hardly any fans in the UK...

Protip: Buy fans in the winter when they are cheap and plentiful, then GTN (ebay) them for triple the price in the summer months :D

Calling the next big content roadmap blog post the Fall of SWTOR would be awkward.

Ah the old double meaning. Sort of like the triple or more meanings of Winterfell in Game of Thrones. Maybe there's some hidden meaning behind what's in this Summer of SW update and we just haven't figured it out yet.

Ah the old double meaning. Sort of like the triple or more meanings of Winterfell in Game of Thrones. Maybe there's some hidden meaning behind what's in this Summer of SW update and we just haven't figured it out yet.

Holy crap! I never put that together! Winterfell... damn!

Wait...there are seasons other than Summer? Here in Texas, we would never know that. Note: I do not like hot weather.

When we made the Summer of SWTOR post we knew that inevitably we would start to see questions about what is coming after the Summer. We figured we would preempt that by just telling you about it right out of the gates. That is why we are talking about things beyond Summer.

I know you were just making the thread out of jest, but it gave me an excuse to complain about the Texas heat...and to answer you. :rak_03:

-eric

That's really cool. But all I can see is PVE and PVP stuff. Would you be so kind and tell us what things you have planned for the third great pillar of this game - roleplay? An update on the status and ETA for chat bubbles, perhaps? extending the duration of rest abilities so they can be used for roleplay? Being able to sit on all chairs? Hood up/down feature? A field for the biography? An appearance tab? Allowing people to enter empty versions of instanced areas for roleplaying purposes? Anything else? Certainly you can't have nothing planned for roleplayers at all. The roleplaying community would like to know what you have in store for us in the summer and beyond! Edited by Glzmo

That's really cool. But all I can see is PVE and PVP stuff. Would you be so kind and tell us what things you have planned for the third great pillar of this game - roleplay? An update on the status and ETA for chat bubbles, perhaps? extending the duration of rest abilities so they can be used for roleplay? Being able to sit on all chairs? Hood up/down feature? A field for the biography? An appearance tab? Allowing people to enter empty versions of instanced areas for roleplaying purposes? Anything else? Certainly you can't have nothing planned for roleplayers at all. The roleplaying community would like to know what you have in store for us in the summer and beyond!

As someone who dabbles in roleplay from time to time, i can tell you that there will never be a patch devoted to roleplayers.

We will be lucky if we get chat bubbles at all and if we do it wont be as part of a roleplayer focused patch, but just as a sidenotice in a regular patch.

Well in the Southern Hemisphere, October actually is kind of the start of summer. Spring at the very least.

So using terms like "summer" are actually pretty meaningless at all... unless you totally favour your US and European users and don't really care about APAC, which isn't the case here, oh wait.... :p

Well in the Southern Hemisphere, October actually is kind of the start of summer. Spring at the very least.

So using terms like "summer" are actually pretty meaningless at all... unless you totally favour your US and European users and don't really care about APAC, which isn't the case here, oh wait.... :p

*whispers* Summer actually starts in December though to February.

I do agree with you about Spring. Sometimes it's pretty hot here in Spring and considering the terrible winter we're having, i can't wait.

That's really cool. But all I can see is PVE and PVP stuff. Would you be so kind and tell us what things you have planned for the third great pillar of this game - roleplay? An update on the status and ETA for chat bubbles, perhaps? extending the duration of rest abilities so they can be used for roleplay? Being able to sit on all chairs? Hood up/down feature? A field for the biography? An appearance tab? Allowing people to enter empty versions of instanced areas for roleplaying purposes? Anything else? Certainly you can't have nothing planned for roleplayers at all. The roleplaying community would like to know what you have in store for us in the summer and beyond!

I respect your perseverence but you may have to accept that this not going to happen here is SWTOR.

They have already been clear that the engine performance issues were too great to implement this.

Don't get me wrong I would love chat bubbles but it's been a long time.

At this point it may improve some quality of life for the current players, but it will not bring in new players and you and I are already paying to play here wtihout chat bubbles.

I just dont see how chat bubbles would benifit EA financially anymore. I am sure this is not top priority or not even in the cards anymore.

Wait...there are seasons other than Summer? Here in Texas, we would never know that. Note: I do not like hot weather.

When we made the Summer of SWTOR post we knew that inevitably we would start to see questions about what is coming after the Summer. We figured we would preempt that by just telling you about it right out of the gates. That is why we are talking about things beyond Summer.

I know you were just making the thread out of jest, but it gave me an excuse to complain about the Texas heat...and to answer you. :rak_03:

-eric

I can verify that Texas has one season.. I spent a summer in Texas.. People were wearing shorts on Christmas eve.. I am someone from Seattle Wa.. it was a very odd sight to say the least..

There were a few days of bad weather.. During a 2 or 4 day period, there was a thin layer of frost on the ground.. The entire city shut down.. Malls and schools closed.. I found this odd as everyone drives over sized pick up trucks.. All they have to do is buy some sand bags or a few 50 lbs. bags of dog food and throw them in the back over the rear wheels..

Texas has some mean thunder storms and fire flies.. Which I thought was awesome.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Christ Gizmo, do you have to turn every thread into a crusade for chat bubbles?? Give it a rest man.. And stop high jacking other people's threads for your cause.. When are you going to have a vision of being respectful to others.. Get a life man.. Seriously... :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

I'm a little bit confused Bioware.

Why is 2.4 October update mentioned in the Summer of SWTOR when October isn't summer? Wouldn't 2.4 be an Autumn update? Or do you mean its 2.4 in the summer update in the southern hemisphere? :rak_02:

If anybody could enlighten me on this subject I would be most pleased. :)

A bit pedantic don't you think? Maybe they should have just called it what's coming up, but seriously does it realy matter? I'm just glad to hear the news

they couldnt exactly call it "Fall of SW:TOR"

LOL :D Could you imagine the PR nightmare BW would have if Yellow text leaked out with the name Fall of SW-TOR? There would be pages popping up all over claiming that SWTOR has fallen and the game has failed and is shutting down. All those people without an MMO to complain about.

thanks eric!

I saw a few people commented on this also :p I would suggest to put something like "In addition, later this year expect to see 2.4 coming October 1" or something ;)

It's boiling here in the UK, I also hate heat :(

Ikr? Looks like we might have a scorcher of a summer.

I'd say like '76, but you've probably heard it as much as me and I wasn't alive in 76 :p

LOL :D Could you imagine the PR nightmare BW would have if Yellow text leaked out with the name Fall of SW-TOR? There would be pages popping up all over claiming that SWTOR has fallen and the game has failed and is shutting down. All those people without an MMO to complain about.

True.

If they did a separate post for it, do we think they wouldn't be smart enough to call it "Autumn of SWTOR?"

It kinda makes me wonder what they will call the next thread about it.

"The Winter of SW:TOR" sounds kinda ominous and depressing to me :/

Maby "The Future of SW:TOR" or the like...

What do you guys think?

I think we're all amateurs at this...we need to leave the naming up to a true professional like AlienEyeTX :D

Although, "The Future" sounds good too.

I think we're all amateurs at this...we need to leave the naming up to a true professional like AlienEyeTX :D

Although, "The Future" sounds good too.

The simpler, the better.

Of course, I've always found that anything can be turned into a joke... so there's that to consider.

Maybe they should just call it, "Stuff To Look Forward To."