Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.02.2017 , 03:32 PM | #571 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MercenaryPlayer
05.02.2017 , 03:33 PM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by Resputin View Post
Your correct if you take the sub by the days in a month but you cant look at it that way. Today some people might have off. I know I play 90% of my game time on my day off. So this could potential be 1/4 of someones game time in a month.
This is absolutely correct. Today was a full day off for me as well. I intended to play and finish the newer story content today as my most recent sub is coming to an end. Then today I am met with this massive cuck up by Bioware and the SWTOR Team.

Cartel Coins won't make up for lost game time.

Facime
05.02.2017 , 03:33 PM | #573
I mean, seriously, is anyone really surprised by this?

I always have a good chuckle when people start screaming for compensation, especially at this point in the games "development". At this point for me im more entertained by the comedy of errors this game is on a regular basis, than I am by the actual game content.

Im just happy to log in now and then, smoke a bowl (legal where I live) and live in the Star Wars universe for a couple hours. Its a good thing my expectations are low or this might almost be irritating.

RaiderMid
05.02.2017 , 03:33 PM | #574
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Wasn't that linked to a full-game data center relocation?

All The Best
Yes, you are correct. Forgot that little tid bit. lol

FlavivsAetivs
05.02.2017 , 03:33 PM | #575
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey everyone,

Wow, what a day trying to get everyone back in the game! As you already know, maintenance today has not gone as planned. So, I felt it was important to jump in and discuss what's transpired and what's going on.

First, during our initial validation steps this morning, anyone using BitRaider to update the SWTOR client quickly discovered nothing was actually downloaded. This delayed the opening by about an hour.

Second, as soon as we were ready to verify everything was working properly (around 11:30am CT), we found we couldn't connect to the game and were receiving a Login Server is unavailable message. Unfortunately, this was a Datacenter wide issue, preventing access to more than just SWTOR. It took a while to identify what was causing the issue, so they were unable to provide all of us with an ETA.

Third, we now have access to the game, and everyone should be able to patch their clients, but we are still having connection issues with the back-end services. Again, we don't have an ETA on full resolution, yet.

I sincerely apologize for all the delays today. I've already had discussions with all the teams involved and it remains my personal goal to have any SWTOR maintenance complete early; not be delayed like what happened today.

Thanks for your understanding and patience with us today!

---Keith
Thanks for the info Keith. Good job on the communication with the players, this is the kind of stuff we like to see.

Hoping everything will be back up and running soon.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

Vincalys
05.02.2017 , 03:33 PM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata_Roselli View Post
This has to be the worst data center fail in the history of gaming. I never seen such a long outage in my entire gaming history. This is utterly the most pathetic and useless data center in existence.

Must be your first mmo... go *** or something?

masterceil
05.02.2017 , 03:34 PM | #577
This thread right here?

Exactly why Bioware shuts down the forums while servers are being patched.

No chill in yall's game. You're out literally 50c. If the servers are still down tomorrow, you're out a dollar. Like, get over it.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Epoah
05.02.2017 , 03:34 PM | #578
Quote: Originally Posted by OFAWFletch View Post
All these Rants, it's kind of funny actually. All this over a Game. What if, now imagine this and tell me how you would react, or even do?

Bioware calls it quits, closes their doors, no warning, the servers are down for good. What would you do?
That is an asinine comparison. This isn't a game that is shutting down. Thats simple for the players, we have all probably moved on from much beloved games at some point (SWG for me). This is frustration over a purchased product not being available. Those are two totally different circumstances.

For the record, I understand s*** happens. I get it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated however, this is one of the few days I had to play for more than an hour or so.

Oh well me and my 3yr old had fun washing cars and jumping on the trampoline lol.

DarkLordSnake
05.02.2017 , 03:34 PM | #579
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric
Keep it going dude, let's get them servers up!!
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

ladyalchemist
05.02.2017 , 03:34 PM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
You actually pay for updates and downtime as well. You agreed to it when you signed up to play the game. It seems many people actually forget this part of it.
This has gone waaaaaay past expected updates and downtimes. So no, I didnt forget this part of it.