Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkLordSnake
05.02.2017 , 10:22 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Rachael View Post
I keep getting "The login servers are currently unavailable please check the forums"
Anyone else being able to patch the game?
Nope, still not able to patch the update, a lot of people are having this issue.
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Kamilynn
05.02.2017 , 10:23 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by StephanSimpson View Post
That's odd. I was able to download the patch 2 hours ago before maintenance was even finished. It's bad when the alert page hasn't been updated for the maintenance extension. Just refreshed http://www.swtor.com/systemalerts and it still says maintenance should be over.
The twitter page is updated sooner than anything else. That's how I found out - 2 min after it was posted.

Gelious
05.02.2017 , 10:24 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ReeverJenkins View Post
Why is it whenever they patch or do server maintenance, it ALWAYS runs over more than they say it will take.
Because they only have a skeleton crew working on the game's maintenance and even those people barely have any idea what they are doing?

At least that's what i think.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

-Bob-
05.02.2017 , 10:24 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by ReeverJenkins View Post
Why is it whenever they patch or do server maintenance, it ALWAYS runs over more than they say it will take. We pay so we can spend less time playing. About time they stuck to a timeframe.
You think a person or an organization such as this would learn from past mistakes. They almost always have issues when there is a patch or expansion. They can never get it right. Hilarious
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Inkitus
05.02.2017 , 10:28 AM | #55
The fact that everyone complains when there is a maintenance tells alot. Just relax, the game will be up and running as soon as they are done, expecting that there will be no problems during a patch is silly. There are always some form of complications, both expected and unexpected.

CombatLord
05.02.2017 , 10:35 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have an issue currently where players are not receiving the patch as they should. We are working to address it ASAP, but it means we will need to extend maintenance to resolve the issue. Currently we are extending maintenance by 1 hour. New targeted end time of 10AM PDT.

I will pass on updates as I have them, thank you for your patience everyone.

-eric
I guess this should be expected every week now that the maintenance is going to run over the time stated. maybe you should not give a ETA from now on, or better yet actually hire ppl that know what they are doing
The Sith Empire will burn brightly, like a supernova, dwarfing the complacent Republic. We shall hold the entire galaxy in our grasp

BenKatarn
05.02.2017 , 10:36 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordSnake View Post
I'm not trolling when I say this, but I've been up ever since you disconnected the servers trying forever to download the patch, I've tried over 100+ times and never got a download.
Thank you for doing this to fix it
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Eric gone on record saying people should NOT try to download the patch before the servers are back up, because it might cause problems with your game data?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Kalischa
05.02.2017 , 10:39 AM | #58
I can't even log in on my launcher or on the website on my laptop...

DarkLordSnake
05.02.2017 , 10:39 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Eric gone on record saying people should NOT try to download the patch before the servers are back up, because it might cause problems with your game data?
And yet majority of us still do it because it's a lot easier and saves time,
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Andryah
05.02.2017 , 10:40 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
I don't think they have specifically stated that.

But since there have been issues like this from time to time over the years, it is prudent to wait until the servers are live again before downloading the patch. Why? Because in the past they have been known to release a corrupted patch that they had to quickly pull and replace. If I recall correctly a few years back, they had such an issue and the early patchers had to do a complete reinstall.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.