PVP Shout outs!

KyarraKyndheart

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive shout out to Shaerie.

Jugg tank (Veng Hybrid looks like) with next best thing to 28k HP.

Dude you are ridiculously hard to take down.

Easily one of the best tank juggs I've ever seen. Absolutely hate playing against you LOL

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Shout out to Mel and Mel-E for being cool

Lafayette for being a squishy Marauder and a good sport about my lightning hugs xD

And Ilyan for being an extremely good sport about a misunderstanding

Hey, im not squishy, im just well fed.:mad: thanks for the hugs ;)

1k exp :X

The tradeoff is positive by a large amount (plus 13k medpacks are win). If you want to run tank go high endurance dps mods/enhancements then stack pve armorings. If you want to go huttball stack pve armorings with def/shield/absorb.

The tradeoff is positive by a large amount (plus 13k medpacks are win). If you want to run tank go high endurance dps mods/enhancements then stack pve armorings. If you want to go huttball stack pve armorings with def/shield/absorb.

loss of straight mitigation and expertise bonus is not worth it for you or your healers.

lol math plz

Sure, going from 1343 expertise to 1013 expertise I go from 19.76% to 16.68% mitigation or 3% roughly if you actually lost 300 and not 330. In turn you gain 6 pve armorings which have a net +21 health over the pvp armorings 210 x 6 = 1260 health gained. You also get some negligible amount of crit % from all the strength.

As for why it's better; it's almost a wash except for the extra 1k you get from the medpack. Your on burst survivability is stronger, your sustain suffers slightly. Keep in mind the pvp mitigation applies after all the other mitigation has been done so it's a much smaller number then 3% of the total. Simplistic but take a 5k smash reduce by 52.8%(.7shicho) is 3k damage then the mitigation applies so 16% versus 19% ends up being a difference of 1.5%.

Edited by Ryvirath

Sure, going from 1343 expertise to 1013 expertise I go from 19.76% to 16.68% mitigation or 3% roughly if you actually lost 300 and not 330. In turn you gain 6 pve armorings which have a net +21 health over the pvp armorings 210 x 6 = 1260 health gained. You also get some negligible amount of crit % from all the strength.

As for why it's better; it's almost a wash except for the extra 1k you get from the medpack. Your on burst survivability is stronger, your sustain suffers slightly. Keep in mind the pvp mitigation applies after all the other mitigation has been done so it's a much smaller number then 3% of the total. Simplistic but take a 5k smash reduce by 52.8%(.7shicho) is 3k damage then the mitigation applies so 16% versus 19% ends up being a difference of 1.5%.

not the right math plz i was lookin for but continue to think that

Then correct me. You told me to mathup or shutup, I'll do the same.

The whole in-depth math entirely is actually something I would like to keep for myself, but to refute what you actually said the math you listed is incorrect. First of all, the healing boost you will gain from health increase is neutralized by the expertise healing boost. As well as general claims made that an extra 1260 health while RUNNING THE HUTTBALL would be taken of flat mitigation is very silly indeed. Rest of the math is something that 99.8% of the community including yourself is currently unaware of and is something that I enjoy using to my competitive advantage. My tip and advice to all of you is just to run max expertise, but at this moment the formulas backing it are behind closed doors. However, the aforementioned information should be enough to convince most semi-intelligent people.

The whole in-depth math entirely is actually something I would like to keep for myself, but to refute what you actually said the math you listed is incorrect. First of all, the healing boost you will gain from health increase is neutralized by the expertise healing boost. As well as general claims made that an extra 1260 health while RUNNING THE HUTTBALL would be taken of flat mitigation is very silly indeed. Rest of the math is something that 99.8% of the community including yourself is currently unaware of and is something that I enjoy using to my competitive advantage. My tip and advice to all of you is just to run max expertise, but at this moment the formulas backing it are behind closed doors. However, the aforementioned information should be enough to convince most semi-intelligent people.

Expertise does not provide a healing boost for the player receiving the heals. I'm pretty certain of this, if you have something to suggest otherwise I'd like to see it.

Expertise does not provide a healing boost for the player receiving the heals. I'm pretty certain of this, if you have something to suggest otherwise I'd like to see it.

it's a boost of the heal you use on yourself like the mercenary bubble,

edit: referring to ep of course

even if how you said it was worked the mitigation loss still outweighs it by an incredible margin

Edited by Wookieenator

You don't need to be a douche, Merk. Someone's arguing politely and gave what you asked for and you repeatedly sound condescending - give the math, or keep it, but you don't need to "99.8% of semi-intelligent people..." especially since he isn't stupid. Obviously you'd reply something along the lines of "If you feel offended you might be stupid" well no, but insinuating that he his is being a douche.

You don't need to be a douche, Merk. Someone's arguing politely and gave what you asked for and you repeatedly sound condescending - give the math, or keep it, but you don't need to "99.8% of semi-intelligent people..." especially since he isn't stupid. Obviously you'd reply something along the lines of "If you feel offended you might be stupid" well no, but insinuating that he his is being a douche.

lol ok

/sigh

the quote you took is actually from two different sentences and taken out of context. I was referring to people being unaware on the games inner-formulas with the 99.8% comment which wasn't an insult because he said how he thought the math itself worked, it's just a fact. It's not common knowledge and I wouldn't expect it from anyone tbh. The semi-intelligent part that you included is referring to the math that I stated that should convince people to run it. Neither comments were intended to insult someone.

it's a boost of the heal you use on yourself like the mercenary bubble,

So your argument is that a jug healing himself offsets the health advantage? I'm not arguing against expertise for dps or healers (although there's probably a lot of merit for healers to use pve armorings). I'm saying the expertise difference is almost completely negligible. Your other argument is kind of comical. A cabal of elitists honing their competitive advantage by learning the mysteries behind the math formulas (which are posted on sithwarrior.com pretty concisely) and then not sharing them. If you want me to back my argument that's cool. If you are going to retreat to 'it's a secret' when I ask you to do the same just don't even bother.

So your argument is that a jug healing himself offsets the health advantage? I'm not arguing against expertise for dps or healers (although there's probably a lot of merit for healers to use pve armorings). I'm saying the expertise difference is almost completely negligible. Your other argument is kind of comical. A cabal of elitists honing their competitive advantage by learning the mysteries behind the math formulas (which are posted on sithwarrior.com pretty concisely) and then not sharing them. If you want me to back my argument that's cool. If you are going to retreat to 'it's a secret' when I ask you to do the same just don't even bother.

you replied to my post saying that the tradeoff was "positive by a large amount." Curious to see if you knew something that I didn't and that I could improve my jugg tank, I asked for your reasoning. I don't have to give you mine, and it was your choice to let me see yours.

Edited by Wookieenator

you replied to my post saying that the tradeoff was "positive by a large amount." Curious to see if you know something that I didn't and that I could improve my jugg tank, I asked for your reasoning. I don't have to give you mine, and it was your choice to let me see yours.

You certainly had plenty of time to not give me your reasoning while being unreasonably charlatan. Whatevs, back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Shout out to regin for organizing a really solid rep ranked team. Hope you keep it up.