Why not Rakata commendations?

Don't you think this would be a great idea? After a number of kills in hard and nightmare many may have only 1 or 2 rakata lootz. Why not have rakata commendations drop, for a (potentially expensive) but nonetheless potential fix to loot distribution? At least people could get full rakata before running the instances 50 times.

wheres the fun in that?

I already miss the battlemaster direct-tokens.

Dont take all the excitement out of "is my item dona drop?"

An MMO is no fun if you know it takes you exactly 26 Hard mode boss kills to full best-in-slot rakata set.

It isn't addictive if there is no RNG involved.

26 hm runs is 13 weeks currently. Don't you think after 3 months of dedicated playing people should have something to show for sure?

Also, I'm not asking it be cheap, only possible.

I said 26 Hard mode boss kills, not runs, kills. but it was an arbitrary number anyways.

I mean knowing the exact amount of commendations and thus kills that you need to do to obtain all best-in-slot pieces takes the excitement out of drops.

instead of the excitement when your piece finally drops you get.

3 more runs to go...

2 more runs to go...

1 more to go...

working on next piece...

bored...

Edited by insanelf

I really like having Rakata not available through commendations... Why should the top PvE gear be "badge" gear you get from doing dailies? No one would run Ops, they would just do HM's every day for comm's.

Thinkb4utype. A message from the Ad Council, SOPA, and this site.

I really like having Rakata not available through commendations... Why should the top PvE gear be "badge" gear you get from doing dailies? No one would run Ops, they would just do HM's every day for comm's.

Thinkb4utype. A message from the Ad Council, SOPA, and this site.

I didn't suggest granting the rakata coms from fp's. Also some rakata is available through planetary dailies.

Considerb4upretentioussnert

Don't you think this would be a great idea? After a number of kills in hard and nightmare many may have only 1 or 2 rakata lootz. Why not have rakata commendations drop, for a (potentially expensive) but nonetheless potential fix to loot distribution? At least people could get full rakata before running the instances 50 times.

no thanks

so... you'd rather see people potentially get very unlucky doing hm and nmm ops for several weeks with possibly no rakata? are you interested in being the only person playing this game in 2 months?

Because gear in this game isn't ridiculously easy enough to obtain as it is. Please, just stop it with your ridiculous "everyone is going to quit if you don't meet MY demands right NOW Bioware" hyperbole; it's pathetic.

Because gear in this game isn't ridiculously easy enough to obtain as it is. Please, just stop it with your ridiculous "everyone is going to quit if you don't meet MY demands right NOW Bioware" hyperbole; it's pathetic.

This is a good point and I don't like that either. However, the time spent vs. reward right now is skewed badly. I'm not demanding. I'm suggesting.

Look, if you had done 3 weeks of both hm ops and received 1 rakata reward of 30 potentials because of duplicates and/or multiple eligability of archetype distribution (3 consulars for example, sometimes not the same consulars, even with good guild intent for fairness) wouldn't you get a little frustrated?

I'm not sure some of you are realizing this position is very real right now. I know these fights and do them every week and have little to show, and the reason is the game's loot distribution method.

instead of the excitement when your piece finally drops you get.

3 more runs to go...

2 more runs to go...

1 more to go...

working on next piece...

bored...

^^^ this

waiting for a specific number of badges to drop makes it feel mindless and much more boring.

Although on the other hand, waiting for an item that never drops can also get frustrating. What are the chances a tier item will drop for your class? 1 in 4? It's not that bad.

so... you'd rather see people potentially get very unlucky doing hm and nmm ops for several weeks with possibly no rakata?

that is physically impossible. Unless you have several of one class in your Ops group, if you raid EV and KP HM each week for "several" weeks (meaning 3+) You will get Rakata. Period. I've done EV and KP every week for 3 weeks with the guild. I've gotten 2/4 Rakata, 2/4 Columi, and Rakata offhand. And I'm an Inquis. Raiding with 5 other Inquis.

No, you grow up.

Mom! this guy's picking on me over the internet, make him stop.

Edited by Alchropie

Right, because probability from RNG code is physical. Can you stop vainly trying to sound smart for 2 seconds and use your head?

wow... seriously? of course it's not physical. I assumed anyone with half a brain wouldn't take that in a literal sense. Quit starting drama

You didn't say where they would drop period.

So don't cry because I'm assuming they'll drop from dailies.

Actually it was quite self-explained in his post that it would drop from the same bosses the current rakata tokens drop. What was it you said earlier? Think before you type, god i love karma.

25% chance of a token. x 10 bosses.

25% chance of offset. x 10 bosses.

Average of 5 loot drops per week per difficulty, on 8man mode.

This is far more generous than "That other game."

Your figures are wrong for the intents and purposes.

Hard and Nightmare share lockout. There is no "per difficulty" and columni isn't the issue. Doubling chances with 16 man would be great, but we're running into scheduling walls there on low pop servers, like mine, since so many have left for lesser reasons.

As has been expressed in other threads often some archetypes' drops occur disproportionately more frequently. Call it bad luck. Fine. We are also seeing it happen and even if things were "completely random" of 1,000,000 die rolls nothing says the first 10,000 need to be evenly distributed; a vague understanding of statistics explains this.

Add to this multiple participants of the same archetype.

Add to this there can be duplicates.

Are you smart people seeing the rub now?

The argument " x times for assured reward makes it boring grind " is the most sensible, and I appreciate it, but if people got the actual drops in less time then there would be no question for them. At least 1 rakata commendation per person per hm/nmm boss fight, with, say hands for example costing 45, and no other method of accruing said commendations, would guarantee one piece in 4.5 weeks of full participation in 8 man. Surely you would have them by then, but if you hadn't?

Edited by Kaelano