Question RE: 2.5m White Crystals

SunwindIon

They are 2.5mil and are +41 stats, are +41 stat crystals going to be the best for a long time? They may be "rare" because they are limited and very expensive, but they're no good for a raider if when 1.2 comes out there are better (other coloured) crystals available.

So, tl;dr is +41 still the best crystal for the forseeable future before I drop 5mil on a couple of them?

Hey,

This is a valid question and I want to give you some answers so you have some certainty when planning your purchases.

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game. To that end, with Game Update 1.2, you will find that there are endgame variations (+41) for all available crystal colors in the game (Reminder: white is no longer available in 1.2, it's available for a limited time at vendors only).

We have no intention of introducing a new tier of color crystals in the short or mid term future (e.g. 1.3, 1.4). I can't make any statements beyond that at this point, but this should give you planning certainty.

The same is true for augments - the current augments (Rating 22, Level 49) will be the top level augments for the forseeable future. It is a certainty that we will introduce a new tier of augments at some point in the future, but not for several months.

Hope this helps

Georg

No, there will be other crystals with those stats, they just won't be white. I'd drop the five mill then save the crystals, and in six months sell them for twice what you paid for. Profit, dude.

I already stuck one in my weapon, and spent 2mil on the Korrealis Baron, so i'm broke now. Do we have any idea when 1.2 is coming? I would like to get another for my offhand weapon but it will take a couple weeks of dailies to get 2.5mil again.

No, there will be other crystals with those stats, they just won't be white. I'd drop the five mill then save the crystals, and in six months sell them for twice what you paid for. Profit, dude.

You can't do that because they are Bind on Pickup, not Bind of Equip.

I have a related question. I understand and accept that things change with MMO's and what's good today may not be, a few months down the road. However, with these crystals being released just prior to 1.2 and specifically, the white 2.5M crystals, and the, under the hood changes to the DR of stats it would be nice to know if the stat we buy today will be the stat we want the morning of 1.2.

For example, I bought two power crystals because as of now, that is the best option for me being a full BM geared pyro. My concern is that when 1.2 hits, I'll want to have a different stat such as expertise.

This leaves me either hoping that power will still be the stat I want or buying two more white expertise crystals (dang duel wielding) at 2.5M a pop. I know it's probably a long shot, but any chance we could get the option for a one time stat exchange for 1.2 or some assurance that whatever is best for us now will still be best for us in 1.2?

TL;DR Can we get a one time stat exchange on white crystals when 1.2 goes live?

Hey,

This is a valid question and I want to give you some answers so you have some certainty when planning your purchases.

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game. To that end, with Game Update 1.2, you will find that there are endgame variations (+41) for all available crystal colors in the game (Reminder: white is no longer available in 1.2, it's available for a limited time at vendors only).

We have no intention of introducing a new tier of color crystals in the short or mid term future (e.g. 1.3, 1.4). I can't make any statements beyond that at this point, but this should give you planning certainty.

The same is true for augments - the current augments (Rating 22, Level 49) will be the top level augments for the forseeable future. It is a certainty that we will introduce a new tier of augments at some point in the future, but not for several months.

Hope this helps

Georg

So all of us that can't afford the white crystal have no way of getting it after 1.2

Nice. Not.

So all of us that can't afford the white crystal have no way of getting it after 1.2

Nice. Not.

It actually is very nice. Limited quantity items add a great sense of collection to the game. They've said that maybe way way way down the road they will bring them back bits at a time. This is for the people who work hard enough to earn something. They get no advantage over you if you choose not to spend the money for one, but they get to have something you don't. It's fair for everyone. Want something exclusive, work for it.

I already stuck one in my weapon, and spent 2mil on the Korrealis Baron, so i'm broke now. Do we have any idea when 1.2 is coming? I would like to get another for my offhand weapon but it will take a couple weeks of dailies to get 2.5mil again.

Only thing they've said for 1.2 is 'early april'

It actually is very nice. Limited quantity items add a great sense of collection to the game. They've said that maybe way way way down the road they will bring them back bits at a time. This is for the people who work hard enough to earn something. They get no advantage over you if you choose not to spend the money for one, but they get to have something you don't. It's fair for everyone. Want something exclusive, work for it.

More importantly, if they were to become a craftable item in 1.2, people WOULDN'T buy them now, and all those credits would stay in player's hands. And then? Well, artificers would get them at cost, and everyone else for 15mil or 20mil cause hey, that's what the big boys can afford, and since SOMEONE can pay that much, that's what they will sell for. Eventually the price would go down as supply went up and demand went down, but the initial few months would be horrible. In theory at least, the +41 stat crafted crystals will be cheaper now when 1.2 comes out because so many credits have left the economy. Here's hoping the theory proves true, and they are significantly cheaper than they otherwise would have been.

Nice. Not.

The point is to suck cash out of the server now before they rebalance professions. The way you do that is have people buy items that will eventually be destroyed.

They're also trying to get people to play the game more now, by giving a meta reason to dailies (cash = limited time mounts and crystals, but you pick which).

Overall it's not a bad plan, incentivize more playing with items that aren't game breaking, suck cash away from the people who are uber rich, while giving them something that in the end will be worth effectively nothing. They can then add white back in later as a quest or whatever, with better stats, and no one will be any worse off gameplay wise because of it.

The downside of this plan is that it's obvious what they're doing, and if you have lots of credits 2.5 mill here or there is nothing (it's like making billionaires buy 300 million dollar yachts), and it might just make people angry that they couldn't get the items they wanted, which are purely cosmetic.

To quote Mitch Hedberg:

-You can't satisfy all the people all the time....and yesterday all those people were at my show.

Simply put, some people will argue that they're missing out on behalf of it being too pricey while others will buy it and complain that they've spent 5 million in vain and now can't afford the "new cool color" in an upcoming patch. If the MMO community was a woman I'd stay the hell away from her, way too high maintenance for my taste.

Hey,

Hope this helps

Georg

huh, this reply wasn't here when I checked yesterday, only just noticed it on the dev tracker. this is great news!

Edited by SunwindIon

I bought the 1 mil crystal for my jedi knight guardian and I don't like how it looks. I though it would be thinner like the rest of the color crystals. Instead I got an over bulging/fat white stick saber. Thus, I will buy the 2mill baron mount instead of the 2 white crystals I planned to buy for my sentinel jedi. However, my counselor jedi will gear matches perfect with the white color crystal so I'm get one.

It just annoys me the size of the saber beam on melee classes, but on a counselor you don't really use your saber to melee. At least you shouldn't be melee regularly on a counselor sage jedi. My only problem is do I buy the 2.5 mil or 1mill for sage? A 10 stat difference doesn't seem to be that big of deal to me, but I can see some one complaining if you use it for raiding or rated warzones.

Edited by Knockerz

90 days of playing and you can't get 5 million credits?

and you call yourselves gamers !!!

It's pretty easy to save credits. If your leveling you can skip out on non essential leveling skills plus vehicle training. That alone should get you like half way to 1mill for the 31 stat white crystal. My character had 1.6mil before I bought the white crystal, but my commando and galactic trade char have a combined amount of 2mill. I should have a few days to farm credits since I'm so close to 50 on jedi and commando, 47 and 43 respectively. I also don't have classes until 2nd of April. :eek:

Edited by Knockerz

Hey,

Hope this helps

Georg

This is great news... much appreciated on the reply. My confusion arises from reports of +46 stat crystals in the new top-tier gear in 1.2... are those reports erroneous? I have yet to see screenshots confirming anything, which is why I suspect those who posted about the +46 gear were being malicious about spreading FUD.

Thanks for the active feedback... it is appreciated by more than a few. :)

The fact credits are so easy to make is WHY they have to have this credit sink in the first place... people will QQ about everything and anything. I'm pretty sure I've cleared nearly 10M in the past couple weeks since the white crystals came out... I'm not even sure anymore, it's so easy. :cool: Edited by Trineda
remove quote

This is great news... much appreciated on the reply. My confusion arises from reports of +46 stat crystals in the new top-tier gear in 1.2... are those reports erroneous? I have yet to see screenshots confirming anything, which is why I suspect those who posted about the +46 gear were being malicious about spreading FUD.

Thanks for the active feedback... it is appreciated by more than a few. :)

if that is true then this is worrying, because it goes completely against what Georg just said

if that is true then this is worrying, because it goes completely against what Georg just said

Go, find the +46 crystals in new top 1.2 gear:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?article=battlemasterrakata-stats-on-pts

or brows the db of new weapons added in 1.2:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/patch/1.2/melee#

PS.. It`s just amuzing how many people lack the «Google it» skill..

Edited by Missandei

I have but one question:

If I purchase white color crystals, will they be permanently bound to the character who buys them, or will I at any point be able to transfer them to other characters within my Legacy?

Or is any such transfer completely limited to Bound to Legacy items/gear?

SE

I have but one question:

If I purchase white color crystals, will they be permanently bound to the character who buys them, or will I at any point be able to transfer them to other characters within my Legacy?

Or is any such transfer completely limited to Bound to Legacy items/gear?

SE

YES!!! white are bop

take care,

check out what it says when you click on the crystal on the vendor, I noticed they are NOT all bind on pickup some... well I only noticed one had bind on equip