Bonethrasher HM 3/25/12

Hitting people standing across the room and behind him with his cleave numerous times followed by despawning for no apparent reason.

Pull it again and his cleave is working normally. Huh?

Also, mini-patch to improve server stability? We're getting lag spikes all over in Karaggas. :(

EDIT: Oh good, Pylons bugged again.

Edited by Nahela

We havent had any problems with Him on hard mode. Something to remember he doesnt have 180 degree cleave. Like If he swipes with his right arm he reaches partially behind him about 15-20 degrees and then swing to his left side. Its the same with his left arm swinging also. Edited by TheLowDown

Even if you do the pylons in the correct order they can still bug. Having to do it in the proper order is more of a mechanic than a bug in my opinion. It's been so long that I can't remember which though. With one, the consoles never light back up and you can not interact with them. With the other, the consoles do light up and you can interact with them but doing so does nothing. I think the latter one is the true bug but I could be mistaken.

Hitting people standing across the room and behind him with his cleave numerous times followed by despawning for no apparent reason.

Pull it again and his cleave is working normally. Huh?

Also, mini-patch to improve server stability? We're getting lag spikes all over in Karaggas. :(

EDIT: Oh good, Pylons bugged again.

Two things:

(1) If you knock the Gamorreans into the acid, he will try to follow them and eat them, causing a despawn. This is a known bug. (Manka cats in acid are OK I believe).

(2) Sometimes he will change targets and IMMEDIATELY do a cleave. That is also known to target who he was initially on (with the same radius and such). The thing here is to alert your operation group that this happens so people don't move into the swipe.

Hope those help. Not sure they were what you were experiencing but... hope it helps.

My guild's experience with Bonethrasher is also that he hits people for really far on hard mode. In normal mode, you just can't stand on the metal edge. In hard, it felt like we had to be near the middle if we were his target.

We didn't see him hitting people behind him with his cleave, so that could be a bug. But we purposely stand still to avoid him spinning around too much, so that might be it too.

What we did with Bonethrasher is surround him on all sides, spaced apart, so that it's very easy to see who he's facing. That person runs in slightly so they wont' get knocked off, and they stand and take it while we heal through all damage.

The melee had the toughest job, they all had to follow Bonethrasher's back and yet space enough so that they could tell who he was facing when he spun on them. Melee has to back-peddle while facing hopefully slightly different directions to make it obvious who he's targeting.

The reason the boss is resetting is because the person he has threat on is being knocked into the drink, and yet not dying fast enough. They are un-targetable when down there, so the boss turns on his anti-exploit mode and resets. Just dont' get knocked into the acid and he won't reset. Or... failing that. If you get knocked in type /stuck to die and therefore not be Bonethrasher's target.

Ideally, bonethrasher SHOULD change targets ... but he doesn't. So you have to work around it.