Cheating or glitching?

xxCarnage

So is this normal glitching or is it do to some kind of cheating?

So hard to tell these days because of all the dysnc in Hutt Ball, especially quesh.

If you went back 4-5 years ago, I would have said cheating. Now it could be either. But most probably the map Dysnc or a combo of both. Who knows? How could you tell if they did cheat?

Usually this sort of visual affect is worse on operatives as they cause the worst visual dysnc (as far as I’m concerned) and have done in Hutt Ball since the start. It’s only gotten worse over the years. So if I was cheat, I would 100% use an operative to do it because it would make it hard to be discovered and reported properly.

I think if you see that happening on some other classes, ie a Rage Jugg, then there is a higher chance they are cheating, but it would still be hard to confirm, even with a recording.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It's desync. It can happen on all maps. I remember it happening on novare as well where a merc used rocket out and it behaved like a vanish. He disappeared and appeared somewhere else and target was lost.

But, yes it's worse in huttball where mobility is more important. The worst for me is when they fall through the floor cause they are untargetable. Seems to happen in quesh and vandin. Seems like these days the engine cant handle vertical movement and spazzes.

But, i can also tell you that there are players that take advantage of the frail engine. For example running circles around you with speed boosts to tank your fps. People definitly exploit the game, so i wouldnt be surprised if they found a way to exploit the desync either.

Edited by Nemmar

I used to ignore it due to having a ****** PC, assumed it was a ME problem, i lagged in mek-sha on medium with nameplates off! (Ossus WB's just lol 2-3 fps). But I recently built a pretty high spec PC and I still see this stuff, so i would say it's the crappy Hero engine combined with all the new skills.

Remember when lvl 50 was max and this didn't exist? Oper roll was the start of it, and is a path to the darkside. When hero is involved, and many added skills since 50 max (teles in particular), the problem has just intensified in tandem. I'd love to see a PTS available for few weeks reverted to vanilla pre 2.0 to see how it performs, You dont often see this crap in lowbies, so I would guess its a symptom of all the new skills. The engine just cant keep track of x,y,and z and relay it to other players in realtime ... to the player using the tele it all looks cool, but to others its a quantum entangled avatar in 2 places at once, and yet nowhere at the same time. It's only when u take a measurement, i.e leap to him, that his position becomes reality.

Frustrating to have a bunch of schrodingers cats on the enemy team.

Edited by uppen

I used to ignore it due to having a ****** PC, assumed it was a ME problem, i lagged in mek-sha on medium with nameplates off! (Ossus WB's just lol 2-3 fps). But I recently built a pretty high spec PC and I still see this stuff, so i would say it's the crappy Hero engine combined with all the new skills.

Remember when lvl 50 was max and this didn't exist? Oper roll was the start of it, and is a path to the darkside. When hero is involved, and many added skills since 50 max (teles in particular), the problem has just intensified in tandem. I'd love to see a PTS available for few weeks reverted to vanilla pre 2.0 to see how it performs, You dont often see this crap in lowbies, so I would guess its a symptom of all the new skills. The engine just cant keep track of x,y,and z and relay it to other players in realtime ... to the player using the tele it all looks cool, but to others its a quantum entangled avatar in 2 places at once, and yet nowhere at the same time. It's only when u take a measurement, i.e leap to him, that his position becomes reality.

Frustrating to have a bunch of schrodingers cats on the enemy team.

This totally happens in lowbies too.

Also at 50 we had the much worse ghost gcd bug. So... silver linings.

This totally happens in lowbies too.

Also at 50 we had the much worse ghost gcd bug. So... silver linings.

Ahh ok, i've not seen it happen in lows, but i'll take ur word for it, it's been a while since i played that bracket. Does seem to be a communication problem with the engine being unable, for some reason, to transmit the location of the enemy properly to other players. As when your the player in question everything seems fine on your end. Heisenbergs uncertainty principle right, hehe. The more you know about the location of an object, or player, the less you know about its momentum, and vice versa.

With the game being a stacked collection of bandaids on top of bandaids to workaround bugs, like sweeping your dirty dishes into a drawer instead of cleaning them, we are probably getting to the point where slapping a plaster onto bugs just does't cut it anymore. But I have a solution !!!!!

When u enter huttball, all of your hotbars and skills are disabled except for pass and legacy melle abilities. you can punch or you can pass, that's it. Should work right? :p ... Even with that tho, i'll probably still forget I'm gonna blow up in a few secs unless I pass.

Edited by uppen

With the game being a stacked collection of bandaids on top of bandaids to workaround bugs, like sweeping your dirty dishes into a drawer instead of cleaning them, we are probably getting to the point where slapping a plaster onto bugs just does't cut it anymore. But I have a solution !!!!!

When u enter huttball, all of your hotbars and skills are disabled except for pass and legacy melle abilities. you can punch or you can pass, that's it. Should work right? :p ... Even with that tho, i'll probably still forget I'm gonna blow up in a few secs unless I pass.

The game engine is one big house of cards, ready to topple without warning

Desync from the looks.

Actual hacking will lead to a player shoot straight up in the sky to reach a platform up there.

Also another hack where their movespeed can be increased and perma immune to movespeed debufs/roots.

Idk if the second one is still a thing, but it was at a time. Most hacking is very obvious.

For example running circles around you with speed boosts to tank your fps.

People don't do that to tank your FPS...it's so keyboard turners have a harder time facing them to activate abilities.

With that said I've noticed glitches like in OP's video all the time. It definitely wasn't this bad 5 years ago. Don't know if the servers got crappier or people really are exploiting. Neither would really surprise me.