mixing Republic and Imperials on one server and affects on Legacy

Athilnir

Sorry for the long title. OK, I began playing this game like WoW. I chose a "Good Guy" server and a "Bad guy" server. Both of them PvP. Play and role-play and kill the other faction, have pride in that faction, and neither the two shall meet. Last month a friend told me that you could create both factions on one server...I did not see the point as I was already set on the two I had chosen.

OK now Legacy details come out (horrible if i understand them correctly) and it seems like BioWare WANTED you to create a mix of factions on one server. Playing both factions on one server would be the only way to maximize the impact of this "Race gimmick." Am I right on this? Certainly they would not count my Replublic 50 on Black Vulkars to give me Legacy credit on Jung Ma? Right? Anyone else have this issue? I'm not 100% against the cross faction/server idea but they are going to need to give me waaay more character slots.

Unfortunately, it's even worse than just the race thing. They said in the live streams that they are planning on some epic legacy quests that "might just take both factions to complete". They smiled while saying it, so I assume that's a fairly heavy hint.

They did say however that with server transfers will take legacy into account, so you might be able to do some swapping around if you wanted to at some point.

Both factions are the same thing and I don't negatively affect either of my guilds(except by mocking them after killing someone in warzones or chasing them in them, all in good fun.) I don't see what's wrong with making the characters in the same server, my legacy levels would be halved if I did. This faction pride stuff is very archaic, people are the same everywhere and it's not like you're fighting a real war. Yes you're screwed if you wanted the benefits as in special abilities and extra races.

Like lungbutter I also made 8 characters one of each class to see all the stories, there are no benefits spreading them throughout servers and there are benefits keeping them in the same, sounds like a pretty obvious choice to me.

Edited by Lightmaguz

Sorry for the long title. OK, I began playing this game like WoW. I chose a "Good Guy" server and a "Bad guy" server. Both of them PvP. Play and role-play and kill the other faction, have pride in that faction, and neither the two shall meet. Last month a friend told me that you could create both factions on one server...I did not see the point as I was already set on the two I had chosen.

OK now Legacy details come out (horrible if i understand them correctly) and it seems like BioWare WANTED you to create a mix of factions on one server. Playing both factions on one server would be the only way to maximize the impact of this "Race gimmick." Am I right on this? Certainly they would not count my Replublic 50 on Black Vulkars to give me Legacy credit on Jung Ma? Right? Anyone else have this issue? I'm not 100% against the cross faction/server idea but they are going to need to give me waaay more character slots.

No. It's completely optional, and they don't actually have to do anything.

I'm not 100% against the cross faction/server idea but they are going to need to give me waaay more character slots.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it, too.

Eight character slots is not going to cut it for me. It's not even close. :[

They also said that you could purchase some of the legacy stuff with credits for those who prefer to play one character. That in the begining some will not be purchaseable, and they left it at that.

So if you really have to have a pureblood smuggler on your rep server you can probably purchase the legacy perk if you have enough credits.

So don't worry to much about it and just emjoy the game.

In a game about the story, why the **** would you repeat the same storyline?

If I wanted to play marauder and juggernaut and had the chance to play a character with the exact same mechanics as the marauder with a whole different storyline I would rather have a Sentinel and a Juggernaut. Same thing goes for Operative and Sniper, why not just get a Gunslinger? I don't get it, and no we don't need extra slots lol, if you're filling 8 slots on 2 servers and getting them to 50 you're crazier than me.... Even crazier if you want more of them.

In a game about the story, why the **** would you repeat the same storyline?

If I wanted to play marauder and juggernaut and had the chance to play a character with the exact same mechanics as the marauder with a whole different storyline I would rather have a Sentinel and a Juggernaut. Same thing goes for Operative and Sniper, why not just get a Gunslinger? I don't get it, and no we don't need extra slots lol, if you're filling 8 slots on 2 servers and getting them to 50 you're crazier than me.... Even crazier if you want more of them.

Some people have preferences that are different from my own. Everyone should like the same things I like, do things the same way that I do them, and nothing else. >:[

Edited by belialle