Decoration: Bounty Holding Cell (change needed)

Aatrus

As you know, the new Outer Rim Explorer's Pack coming out tomorrow has the "Bounty Holding Cell" decoration in it. There's only one problem with the cell - there's no ray shield active!!!! What in the world is the point of having a holding cell if its just a metal structure and you can't HOLD anyone in the cell?!

I guarantee you that 99% of hard core "Strongholders" WANT the red ray-shields active so they can actually put personnel IN the cell to make it look like they have prisoners. What's the point of not having them active? Its just piece of random metal without the shields. Look at this:

http://tor-decorating.com/bounty-holding-cell/

its so stupid......

I'd understand if the cells in the game didn't have the ray-shields up but literally every single one on Korriban, Dromund Kaas, etc.., EVEN THE BOUNTY HUNTER SHIP, has the friggin' ray-shield active!!!

Come on guys, can we get this changed please?

Edited by Aatrus
forgot to add a word

Perhaps it is interactive?

Maybe you should wait until it comes out before judging it ;)

I think it was confirmed on Twitter in some way that it will not have the shield up. And having it interactive would be terrible. Having to to turn it ON for a few seconds, plus that stupid glowy blue look it would otherwise get.... nah.

Well it actually is interactive, without the blue shiny look, but they still messed it up pretty badly. Instead of making it Adjustable to turn on the ray shiled as long as you like, or to let it offline, they let you turn it on, so you can be happy for about 30 seconds and then rage about it shutting down again, while trying to put in a "personel" decoration as a prisoner. That sucks badly.

They really should fix that ********, so someone can choose if its on or off, but nut like a damn toy which has to be used every 30 seconds. I mean some people actually use their strongholds for Roleplay and not only as a trophy dump.

I agree with this post. It is indeed interactive but why not the other way around? : Force field On by default/ deactivate the force field by clicking. Right now, if you place a PNJ inside the cell, it just looks stupid when you enter your stronhold. Hope Bioware will take a look at this.

I agree with this post. It is indeed interactive but why not the other way around? : Force field On by default/ deactivate the force field by clicking. Right now, if you place a PNJ inside the cell, it just looks stupid when you enter your stronhold. Hope Bioware will take a look at this.

Weeeeel I don't think so. They haven't added the option to play with chat bubbles, or shorten the /say range from 10 killometers to some meters since launch and many people asked for such easy things to implement/adjust.

It is indeed interactive but why not the other way around? : Force field On by default/ deactivate the force field by clicking.

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback! It is our intention for stronghold decorations to be a fun addition to game and help you create your own Star Wars stories. As such, we will consider swapping the interactivity of the Bounty Holding Cell as suggested so that the force field is active by default, and turns off when interacted with.

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback! It is our intention for stronghold decorations to be a fun addition to game and help you create your own Star Wars stories. As such, we will consider swapping the interactivity of the Bounty Holding Cell as suggested so that the force field is active by default, and turns off when interacted with.

That makes sense, thank you.

Hi all,

Great! Could you alos remove collision on all the Kolto and Cryo tank decorations, so we can actually have injured/frozen characters stand in there? Or make them interactive so they are suspended.

Hi all,

That's awesome.

I would also prefer having it active by default (just like the OP I was a bit disappointed to learn that it wasn't the case)

Thanks David! :D

Hi all,

Oh my gosh, that would be AMAZING! Thanks so much!

Awesome response to this thread! So quick too. Will defiantly improve this decoration and in game immersion.

On another note, has anyone noted the Bounty Holding Cell in the Dromund Kaas Stronghold seems to have some weird self illuminating texture? It seems like the "metal" is glowing.

Hi all,

This would be great, especially if you did another change too: add a medium narrow hook to it. This way we could place it on a narrow+small hooks combination, and have a personnel or companion in it while it stands close to a wall. (Not sure whether I'm going to place the decoration vendor, a meditating padawan or Skadge in there :D)

Edited by Mubrak

Hi all,

That would be amazing! It would turn a disappointing decoration into a 'must have' for roleplayers!

Hi all,

It'd be better to be turned Off by Default, why'd someone have a Cage active with no one inside? I'd likely suggest, having simply the reverse of the suggestion, just take off the 30 second fade out, to a simple off/on switch?

It'd be better to be turned Off by Default, why'd someone have a Cage active with no one inside? I'd likely suggest, having simply the reverse of the suggestion, just take off the 30 second fade out, to a simple off/on switch?

It is a very logical suggestion, of course, but let's just keep things simple and easy, so we can actually hope to get this decoration "fixed"... the more ideas we start tossing at the developers, the less likely they are to actually consider them. Less is more, or something like that.

I suppose it helps that there is an already working model of a holding cell with the force field permanently on - on BH ship and jail on Korriban, i think - so it couldn't get any easier to do... fingers crossed that the promised "considering" turns into actual action.

Hi all,

Yes, this would be awesome!

Hi all,

Not sure if it's possible, but I think you should make it so it's on by default yes, but also when turned off it stays off. When turned on it stays on.

Hi all,

Would be awesome :-)!

Hi all,

Can't wait for that change... And please, please please don't forget to allow us to put the cell on a medium narrow floor hook, so we can use a narrow+small combination to put a personell decoration as prisoner in the cell.

Edited by Mubrak