Tanks in KotFA

Arzarat

Hello everyone!

I would like to hear your opinions on how will the tank PvE line up change with the upcoming expansion? Since all the changes have already been announced, which tanks would benefit from them and how would that affect the overall state of the tanks in comparison to each other?

Particularly, I`m interested in Immortal Juggernaut vs Darkness Assassin comparison with all the changes being made to them.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Arzarat

Yes I would like to know this as well. I tried the high endurance DPS mods so i can kill and take a few hits. I fknd that setup to be OK but I want to know for PvP purposes, which Tank can take the most beating, regardless the damage it dishes out ?

I don't even care if I barely scratch an enemy and eventually die but I want to know for 4.0 which tank can theoretically survive an onslaught of 3+ AP Powertechs on a node or pylon or even hold the node / pylon against 5 dps at the same time longer than the rest? I know it sounds ridiculous but its what I want lol

I just want a meat shield covered in endurance and shield mods that can live through that type of burst the longest. Anyone with the three tanks fully geared for PvP in shield and endurance that can test this out? Thank you

Edited by PrincessNuri

There are very little meaningful changes being made. Both tanks get a new mobility option with Assassins getting what is essentially a leap and Juggernauts getting an equivalent of Force Speed with a damage element to them. Damage output in actual fights will be similar. Damage intake will be similar with a slight edge (tiny) to Juggs due to the stat pools more heavily favoring Defense. This has been done due to reasons. Threat is a non issue for all tanks if you can follow a rotation properly. For bosses involving adds that are up for any significant amount of time, Juggs will have the edge because Dark Ward will be eaten up more quickly by said adds. This is mostly a non issue as well. Tank balance was and is fairly even, so in the end just pick which one you have more fun with.

There are very little meaningful changes being made. Both tanks get a new mobility option with Assassins getting what is essentially a leap and Juggernauts getting an equivalent of Force Speed with a damage element to them. Damage output in actual fights will be similar. Damage intake will be similar with a slight edge (tiny) to Juggs due to the stat pools more heavily favoring Defense. This has been done due to reasons. Threat is a non issue for all tanks if you can follow a rotation properly. For bosses involving adds that are up for any significant amount of time, Juggs will have the edge because Dark Ward will be eaten up more quickly by said adds. This is mostly a non issue as well. Tank balance was and is fairly even, so in the end just pick which one you have more fun with.

inb4 a proud sin will come to defend his honor

It always happens when talking about tanks, don't even know why, I find it funny :)