More Rugs

unknownplayertag

When I want to decorate my stronghold I want more options on what types of rugs I can decorate with. If they can't add more rugs then can they give us an option to dye the simple merchants' rug. Think about it wouldn't it be cool if you can buy the (imperial fleet rug)from the cartel market and then dye it green and yellow.

Of course they can add more rugs. It's not like rugs are complicated objects in terms of 3D geometry.(1)

(1) Yes, I know. The "full" 3D-geometry of a real-world rug is, in fact, terrifyingly complicated, but at a "well, it always lies flat and we can't look at it closely enough to see the individual threads in the pile" level, it's just a flat rectangle (or other shape) with a bit of thickness and with a coloured pattern on it. Even a row of tassels on each end can be modeled with alpha-based(2) textures rather than actual geometry.

(2) Alpha = transparency, not angle of attack.

I couldn't agree more. I'd like a much broader selection of rugs in all different colors, patterns, and sizes. For that matter, I'd love to see them triple (at least) the amount of rug hooks in every stronghold, with some practical thought in their placement. You know, like would someone put a rug here in real life, or other common sense design.!

We do need more rugs, or at least the existing rugs in a variety of colors.

I'm not terribly excited about getting new rugs, because the last several rugs they released are bugged.

There are a lot of hooks, especially in guild flagships, where they don't appear when placed in a Flooring hook.

As with other decorations... well, the whole game to be fair... QA has been failing.