Hiya Bioware! Got some Questions regarding the Blood Red Crystal and Future Red one.

Reno_Tarshil

First off I wish to thank you for acknowledging my love for the color red and how the Blood Red Crystal was mishandled but you yourselves stated in a future patch, you shall be renaming it to something more accurate, a couple of the desired names we'd like to see include:

Vermillion

Flame Red

Cinnabar

My Question to you is when can we expect a name announcement and how far away for the name change?

My second inquiry regards the desire taken into account for my future "Redder" cartel crystal. I have supported the CM since I came back to the game after a break early this year in January. The Adaptive gear and Lore sets and mounts have all been great at refreshing my enjoyability in this game. (Quit wow for it :eek:)

As someone who leveled Artifice first, it was a nice refreshing change when I could have a crystal I didn't have to worry about replacing by learning then REing and hoping to get a blue quality shortly. The Cartel Crystals have come in a wide array of colors ranging from purples to silvers to cyan to pink, colors you had to wait for endgame to use. However Red has been neglected and when I got excited to hear Blood Red was coming I got saddened that it wasn't Red enough (it changes from Red to Orange based on lighting).

So my question to you Bioware is what kinda "Redder" color crystals can we expect? My personal favorite combos for you to pick from are.

Red-Black

Red-Silver

Red-White

Red-Grey

As Red color crystals are usually a sithy thing, I feel the crystal should reflect this. Thank you for your time in the matter and I can't wait for it's arrival soon!

P.S. Still waiting for my Dark Green and Medium Red dye module kthxbai!

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

• 3 weeks later...

I normally don't like to bump or necro-bump but since it's my own thread here goes.

Now According to Ms. Amber Green she said:

Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring these threads since Game Update 2.3.1 went live but refrained from posting until we had information to provide about the topic!

In an upcoming patch, the Blood Red color crystal will be renamed to something that more accurately describes the appearance. Additionally, we see your feedback about the desire for a crystal that is "redder" and will be taking that into account.

:ph_cheers:

With the advent of Dyed Lore Armors finally, I am still curious to see any progress regarding this cartel crystal and a future more redder one.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

With the advent of Dyed Lore Armors finally

I must have missed this, would you be kind enough to point out where this has been said/ found out please?

On topic, fully in support of a redder crystal (i think red core/dark red could work well) and also look forward to hearing news on the matter :)

I must have missed this, would you be kind enough to point out where this has been said/ found out please?

On topic, fully in support of a redder crystal (i think red core/dark red could work well) and also look forward to hearing news on the matter :)

Since you so politely asked here you go from the Please Allow Lore Armors to be dyed.

I come to this thread with some interesting news! Today I learned of a fun, new thing we are adding in Game Update 2.4... the ability to dye lore outfits!

Very handy that this thread was still active in GD so I could deliver this news :)

-eric

As for the crystal I would be down for a Red Core/Dark Red or Red Core/Black crystal either would work for me.

If they wanted to add a true red crystal to the market they simply have to make the core white.

The current red crystal in the game uses a white core...and it works for some reason.

Take a look at a regular red crystal and you will see what I mean.

So if they make the core white and the outside red it will look right.

If they wanted to add a true red crystal to the market they simply have to make the core white.

The current red crystal in the game uses a white core...and it works for some reason.

Take a look at a regular red crystal and you will see what I mean.

So if they make the core white and the outside red it will look right.

I would also be fine with this since the Derelict Purple is just a more dull Purple but it gives players lowered level access to Purple.

I would be fine if they created just another generic Red crystal but made it a cartel version. I would prefer them to do something different with Red. Blood Red was a good try, but it's not fair that it looks orange, when they have a lot of different orange cartel crystals to pick from already.

I wouldnt mind a Red core and a Darker Red blade.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes Please!!!!!! I would love a red core with a deep red glow on it. I just love the cyan-blue version and think that kind of combo would look awesome as a- I don't know.... vermillion-red? :)