I Wish They Made A New "Empire at War" Game

Ylliarus

Even though the game has its years I still often enjoy a campaign of blowing up all the planets in the galaxy and ruling with an iron fist as the Empi-ergh, I mean, liberate the galaxy from the terrible tyranny of the Empire, ahem.

No but all jokes aside, Empire at War is a great game and I really wish that with the new movies they'd also make a new version of the game but set in the newest timeline. Like" First Order at War" or something like that. I'd love if they'd expand on the idea a bit and maybe add some more political, economical and diplomatic elements like we see with the Civilization games or Total War series. But still, epic space battles between the First Order and the Resistance, or like Imperial Remnant and New Republic post-Return of the Jedi (where you could crown a new Emperor with some type of political system as the Imperial Remnant as an alternate "what if" scenario). They could step it up a notch and really make a huge and immersive map where it's not just conquering planets but also taking sectors and such.

The story campaign could tie in with the huge timegap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens where you could play like the First Order being established and built up in the Unknown Regions or as the New Republic setting itself up with the Empire defeated. I'd love to see strategy-driven stories about that.

What do you guys think? Would you want to see a new Empire at War game like that?

Edited by Ylliarus

I wouldn't mind seeing a new SW RTS like EAW, specially if it contains more eras than just galactic civil war. I know there are mods for legends material like Thrawn's revenge but it'd be nice to have a completely new game with both continuities and a more developed system like the ones from Civi.

Indeed, Empire at war was nice. (though it would have rocked more if it had been a little more like the very dated game "Rebellion" ^^)

You ever played the infamous Awakening of the Rebellion mod from Steiner Modding Group? Much better ship models, a nice story campaign and more interesting stuff. Just google for it. It looks much more realistic, than the sometimes toy-like looking vanilla ships and lasers in EaW. (you need Forces of Corruption to play it, though.)

Would be great to have another Star Wars strategy game ... no matter what period of time.

Edited by Clanner

damn i wish they made new jedi academy with the arcade-ish multiplayer like in the old school game. just with nice graphics :p

used to play some mods for it, then battlefront 2 (2017) - tho neither had this magical feeling while charging into 5 people and suiciding while spamming mines right in front of their faces :p

new empire at war would be cool, but to be honest id like to see something at "our" swtor timeline like that, and of course with warcraft3-hero-system

that would be something.

Oh yes, I've spent so many days on this game. On the DLC too. I've loved the space battles as well. Good times.

I have even had so many roleplay regarding all of it as well, I always had this story going on in my head as to what was happening. One time I had the Death Star II in orbit around Coruscant and forgot to remove corruption. So naturally it didn't take long before the Death Star II was sabotaged and Coruscant was destroyed. At the time the I had Emperor Palpatine at another planet that was just conquered, so in my headcanon Byss became the new capital of the Galactic Empire as it played a major role in the Legends continuity with the cloned Emperor Palpatine. I always had a ton of fun with the campaigns, I always loved using mods that had a big galaxy map and conquering all and winning would take ages. Those were the best campaigns haha