Queueing for Randoms Flashpoints as DPS - Getting healing role?

I dont mind healing but if what I'm doing in PvP is DPSing and I dont want to keep changing my spec how come it keeps putting me in a healing role when my spec is a DPS? And if so why can't I have 2 specs so I can just switch inside the flashpoint?? Is anyone else getting this?

If your class can do healing and dps in the spec you chose (ie scoundrel) the group finder will have both healing and dps boxes checked, you have to uncheck the box of the role you aren't. I've seen the group finder still put people into groups in the role they aren't supposed to be but it hasn't been as bad as it was when they first released it.

just sat in que as a dps for about 20 mins and during that time i checked to make sure i was que'd as a dps. soon as my que popped i looked at the line up and i was put into the tank slot.

1. i was que'd as a dps and had tank unchecked.

2. this was the second time this happened today on the same character. (PT)

on my guardian (dps) and IA (healer) i did not have this issue.

I'm a dps vanguard, I always select the damage role and make 100% certain that Tank role is UNticked and every time a queue pops I'm placed in the group as Tank. I must have turned down 20+ in a row now. I just quit queueing, at the moment I can only PVP and do dailies on my 50. Sucks that a good % of end game content is currently unavailable to me.

The cynic in me would say its a ploy by Bioware to force the likes of me to respec to a non damage role to increase the number of healers and tanks in group finder.

Just tried queueing on my DPS sage and was placed in the healer role.

Bugs like this that seriously impact a players gaming experience should be fixed quickly. Had the problem for 2-3 weeks now.

Just wanted to say that this is happening to my DPS sorc as well. I queue as DPS only, making absolutely sure that only DPS is checked, wait 20+ minutes for a pop, and get popped in the healing role. Turn down the GF invite, check my GF screen and mysteriously I am now queued as both DPS and Healing. I uncheck Healing, requeue, wait 20+ minutes for a pop, and again get popped in the Healing role. Decline the invite. Check the page again. DPS and Healing are both checked again.

This was happening to my wife on her DPS sorc a while back, too.

Either this is a commonly-occuring bug (not a rare one), or the GF includes this functionality for situations when there are not enough healers and/or tanks in the queue.

The reverse of the thread title happened to me last night. My Sorceress healer was queued as Heal, always is, and the Group Finder put her into a DPS role. Now, she can DPS Hard Mode BT, BP and Foundry, but we were in False Emperor. She's just not all that effective at DPS'ing FE in Tionese gear. I gave it a shot, and the group was willing to try it too, but in the end it just wasn't meant to be. Especially when the rest of the group was in full recruit gear. (And I mean FULL recruit.)

Frustrating and annoying that Group Finder decided to change my role like that, on its own. Ruined the experience for the night, as all I wanted was to get some Columi / Rakata tokens for her. Plus, all the wipes cost me 40k in repairs, negating the entire evening's dailies income.

I guess I must be lucky, I've never had the problem you guys are having, my IA is a healer, always get healing role, my BH and assasin are tanks, they both get tank role. Then there is the long time wait for my poor level 50 sith marauder, it's taken so long to get a HM que that I always forget Im in the que and then it always pops when I decide to do start doing something productive in game >.<

The problem I"ve gotten for the most part is being in groups where people que for tank role or the healer role when they aren't tanks/healers ON PURPOSE just so they can get into group finder quickly. Now I don't mind my commando pretending to be a healer, as she's not as specialized in her low level yet, and I don't mind my Jugg level pretend to be a tank for Red Reaper, as she is at level 50, BUT I when I'm in level 50 FPs and I encounter the fake tanks, I want to force choke em or the very least, vote kick them.

Started Sunday for me on my sorc, unable to FP / Ops via group finder as DPS, as am only getting heal role. I can't heal like healer can, and yes it switches dmeage only role to both healz and demage as queue pops. Well back to lfg in chat, and people suggesting to use group finder.

I guess I must be lucky, I've never had the problem you guys are having, my IA is a healer, always get healing role, my BH and assasin are tanks, they both get tank role. Then there is the long time wait for my poor level 50 sith marauder, it's taken so long to get a HM que that I always forget Im in the que and then it always pops when I decide to do start doing something productive in game >.<

I don't have the problem on my tanks or healers either. I always get the role I queue them for. And my sentinel never has this problem either, since obviously the only possible role for a Sentinel is DPS. The only character that I have this issue with is my sorc, who almost always gets popped in the healing role, even though I only choose the DPS role when I queue.

Yes I could respec for heals and no I don't want to. I have actual healers for that.

I don't have the problem on my tanks or healers either. I always get the role I queue them for. And my sentinel never has this problem either, since obviously the only possible role for a Sentinel is DPS. The only character that I have this issue with is my sorc, who almost always gets popped in the healing role, even though I only choose the DPS role when I queue.

Yes I could respec for heals and no I don't want to. I have actual healers for that.

Yeah it happened to my husband's sorc, maybe it's BW telling you to roll a healer :p

.GF has probably popped with me as heals more times than it has as me as dps despite that I'm always triple checking that it is indeed only set to dps. It's equally disappointing every time since I:

A Can't join as a healer when I'm not

B. I have to leave and end up last in the queue again.

It happens EVERY time I'm in a warzone while also being queued in GF but also when I've just stood around in the fleet. It has on some occassions insta-popped with me as healer despite that I just queued up and made sure that only DPS was filled in. It's utterly frustrating.