Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Last chance to open your eyes about episode ix

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Last chance to open your eyes about episode ix

Collec
12.01.2019 , 02:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Leklor View Post
Compelling argument, do go on!

Oh and on the Separatist thing, that's not an answer.
My question was: How does an alliance of thousands of planets justify it's war against the Republic and maintains political cohesion. And that's not in the films.
Sure, Palpatine "controls" the Separatists but that doesn't explain how billions of people chose to break from the Republic.

EDIT: Also, you're not good with sarcasm and snark, are you? Like, you take everything at face value and run with it.
You REALLY think I intend to talk to you in ten years about the Sequels? Did you think I was serious? At all?
I mean, I know you have a rather high opinion of yourself but... come on! A blind person could read the irony in that statement.
Here's my response to your Force Awakens :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BX18Icf6fQ

It is in the films. It's in The Phantom Menace....when Padme is with Palpatine he tells her,that she'll see something along the lines on,who really rules senate....and then chancellor Valoruum falls back into his seat,when Padme nominates Palpatine.

You won't be able to talk to me in 10 years...but I'll still be on your mind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

Pirana
12.02.2019 , 09:02 AM | #22
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure not to go see it. I didn't care for The Last Jedi, but still don't regret going to see it, I think I'll go see this one too.

The dork in the video and the snowflake Hamil, won't change my mind in the least. The only thing Hamil is good at is voice acting. About his comment on Twitter, nothing more than him being facetious. Either way, who cares.. lol People like you and others hoping people won't see it, all you're doing is prodding people to go see it. So I guess if that's your underlying intention, then it's working perfectly.

I can all but guarantee you that not one person will read any of the nonsense and think to themselves, "you know what, maybe the person on the SWTOR forums was right, lets not go see it". Of course that doesn't mean the movie doesn't have the potential to bomb and people not take in a second viewing, but if you actually think people will take you serious and not go see it, then not only is ignorance on display here, but certainly naivety.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

aeterno
12.02.2019 , 03:56 PM | #23
Best I can say is I'll probably go to see it to round up the saga... which makes me rathers sad thinking about how hyped we were for the previous installments.

Whole disney trilogy feels like scorched earth tactics to do as clean a brake with PT/OT as possible to get out of paying Lucas royalties or something...

Why mickey thought, figuratively speaking, that trying to build an iconic monument for the glorious future by smelting down the Statue of Liberty for the raw materials was good idea, is going to be one of the mysteries every cinematography class henceforth touches on. Sure some won't mind I guess, demolish the Lincoln memorial while you're at... but why intentionally stomp a hornets nest if you're a corporation that forked 4 billion to buy it?

Ya well...

How does it feel to have lived long enough to see all your favorite franchises go down in flames? Feels great! redlettermedia.gif

casirabit
12.07.2019 , 03:46 PM | #24
So you don't think you will like it, okay you made your point but why make a big deal about it if others want to see it. It seems you have an agenda and if people disagree with you, you don't like it. Have you not learned "Agree to Disagree" instead of constantly arguing over something that will have varying opinions.

As far as remembering someone on the internet in 10 years, unless you were important in their life and not just a person posting something on the internet I doubt many will remember you. I don't even think anyone will remember anyone on this game in 10 years unless they are actual friends or more.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

jedistreen
12.09.2019 , 03:16 PM | #25
The real question is: how can anybody be this angry, for this long, about movies set in a universe that revolves around space wizards who try and hit each other with glow sticks.

I love Star Wars, but it has always been a dumb, fun space fantasy epic. People hold the Disney sequels to a higher standard than they hold the Original Trilogy (or the extended universe stuff, remember when a Wookie got crushed by a moon? Yeah, that wasn't stupid at all) and then pretend that their arguments are somehow well-founded and not nitpicking manufactured simply for the satisfaction of being righteously angry.

If you don't like Disney Star Wars, fine. Good. Movies and art are subjective. You have the right to dislike them. But being this angry about it (or doing other tremendously stupid things like sending the actors hate mail for saying lines they had no part in writing) is just pathetic.

Everyone who has become so absorbed in their hatred of TLJ and the Disney movies should watch this and reconsider: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCnm-3tnL3Q

Collec
12.10.2019 , 10:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jedistreen View Post
The real question is: how can anybody be this angry, for this long, about movies set in a universe that revolves around space wizards who try and hit each other with glow sticks.

I love Star Wars, but it has always been a dumb, fun space fantasy epic. People hold the Disney sequels to a higher standard than they hold the Original Trilogy (or the extended universe stuff, remember when a Wookie got crushed by a moon? Yeah, that wasn't stupid at all) and then pretend that their arguments are somehow well-founded and not nitpicking manufactured simply for the satisfaction of being righteously angry.

If you don't like Disney Star Wars, fine. Good. Movies and art are subjective. You have the right to dislike them. But being this angry about it (or doing other tremendously stupid things like sending the actors hate mail for saying lines they had no part in writing) is just pathetic.

Everyone who has become so absorbed in their hatred of TLJ and the Disney movies should watch this and reconsider: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCnm-3tnL3Q
I am not angry....I just don't want people to see episode IX in cinemas...I made my peace with STAR WARS after episode VIII. Franchise ruined...and said I won't see any SW movie in cinemas again.

I didn't read EU comics...for me SW ended after episode VI. Years later I did read some Legacy comics with Cade Skywaler and that's it. I heard that there were Palpatine clones and mind swaps...boring move one from this villain....

I never sent any actor fan mail either of love or hate....I don't hate actors ,just that story and characters are trash.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zottelkrischan
12.10.2019 , 11:23 AM | #27
i liked the old movies (4-6),
i saw the second trilogy (1-3), they were worse than the first but i could enjoy them
i didnt saw the newer ones (except rogue one) cause its all garbage, i wouldnt enjoy them, instead i would feel sad and angry

they should have made films from the thrawnbooks
disney is cancer for starwars

i have a bit hope for "the mandalorian"
Tulak Hord Stussverletzung - Robb´anybody - Ichmussweg - Tofutier - Gnhaark - Greta Schloch Zottel - Massaker-klaus - Blínzler - Schreckenshinker

Collec
12.11.2019 , 10:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Zottelkrischan View Post
i liked the old movies (4-6),
i saw the second trilogy (1-3), they were worse than the first but i could enjoy them
i didnt saw the newer ones (except rogue one) cause its all garbage, i wouldnt enjoy them, instead i would feel sad and angry

they should have made films from the thrawnbooks
disney is cancer for starwars

i have a bit hope for "the mandalorian"
People just hate on prequel trilogy because internet tells them to. And I heard the silliest reasons from many people on why they hate it. But that is their choice. I got complete saga from I-VI and I am happy with it. Begining middle and end....closure. When they axed EU in comics after episode VI I didn't care. Knights of Old Repbulic comics awsome with Zayne. Game awsome with Revan...Clone Wars and Rebels also cool...though I fking hate those spinning ligthsabers from those joke inquisitors. Both shows have ups and downs, but I generally like them.

I could go on and on into Force Unleashed and Podracer,Squadron and other games, but that above is pretty much my whole SW that I care about.

Endellion
12.11.2019 , 07:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Collec View Post
People just hate on prequel trilogy because internet tells them to. And I heard the silliest reasons from many people on why they hate it.
The thing abut the prequels is that people concentrate on the bad stuff in them, and there is a LOT of bad stuff because of poor directing, horrible scripts and some miss-managed use of CGI. There is a solid plot running through them (Palpatine creating a war and then running it from both sides? Genius.), awesome scenes and even some of the memes are great. Plus the clone wars ties the second and third film together perfectly and 'fixes' some of the main characters (Anakin in particular, he is by far the worst scripted character in the prequels). Also without the prequels we wouldn't have Ahsoka.

Not going to go into the Disney Trilogy too much, but reading the leaks about what might happen in the third film fills me with dread of what is about to come.

Collec
12.12.2019 , 05:47 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Endellion View Post
The thing abut the prequels is that people concentrate on the bad stuff in them, and there is a LOT of bad stuff because of poor directing, horrible scripts and some miss-managed use of CGI. There is a solid plot running through them (Palpatine creating a war and then running it from both sides? Genius.), awesome scenes and even some of the memes are great. Plus the clone wars ties the second and third film together perfectly and 'fixes' some of the main characters (Anakin in particular, he is by far the worst scripted character in the prequels). Also without the prequels we wouldn't have Ahsoka.

Not going to go into the Disney Trilogy too much, but reading the leaks about what might happen in the third film fills me with dread of what is about to come.
I disagree. NOBODY but Jake and Hayden could play Anakin. They played him perfectly.

Poor directing ? NOPE.
Horrible scripts ? NOPE.
Bad CGI ? NOPE

What they were doing was ahead of it's time. This was now 20 years ago for The Phantom Menace.