<Blank> to full!

WillCaedes

In light of Biowares recent PR disaster regarding class responses, I thought it would be hilarious to start a fill in the blank thread.

The rules are as follows, using the following sentence:

"______ (1) need to learn how to ________ (2) to full. Clearly ______ (3) have/has/had (use whichever tense works for you) a _______(4) problem.

1) Needs to be a noun. Person, Place, Thing. Etc.

2) Shall be a verb.

3) Helps describe #1 Example: If one is a male person, use the term "he" followed by the proper tense of the verb "have"

4) Describes a type of problem. Can be anything honestly.

Other points:

I) The funnier the better, shoot for the best you've got.

II) Cannot outright diss Bioware. You KNOW how they love to ban/delete threads that dare to speak out against them.

III) Nothing extremely offensive. No racism, no sexism, and please no sex jokes.

IV) Try and keep it Star Wars related. Even if its not related to the MMO.

Alright, understand the rules? Great! Lets start off with one of my own.

Jawas need to learn how to troll to full. Clearly they have a social problem. (Yes, I know the sentence sucks, but if you can come up with a funnier one, prove it!)

Sidenote: The winner gets to be proudly displayed as my signature, with credit given to the poster. :D

Edited by WillCaedes

Bowdaar needs to learn how to delouse to full. Clearly he has a hygiene problem.

Sentinels need to learn how not to pull to full. Clearly they have a class role perception problem.

Yoda needs to learn how to articulate to full. A syntactical problem clearly he has.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Butt-hurt forum users need to learn unsub to full. Clearly they have a trolling problem.

Female toons need to learn DRESS to full. Clearly they have a wardrobe problem.

Bioware needs to learn to Cowbell Full. Clearly they have Music Problem.

And no, not OP. But in tracking the "heal to full" thread, clearly there are some people that have spent way too much time on net and tend to flame on as soon as something doesn't go their way.

You thought wrong. It is only a "PR disaster" because this community is a bunch of whiny children that can't stand being told no.

This...

Can we stop calling this a PR disaster. How about calling it... Bioware does what everyone else does in General chat. Tells you to learn how to play your class...

"Syria needs to learn how to be Humane to full. Clearly they have a Humanity problem."

"Yo Momma needs to learn how to Diet to full. Clearly she has a Pastry problem."

"My Wallet needs to learn how to be Stay In My Pocket to full. Clearly I have a Cartel Coin problem."

Oh nothing, the community is acting like children and blowing things out of proportion again...you know, the usual.

So what you're saying is...

"The Community needs to learn how to Control Their Emotions to full. Clearly they have a Maturity problem."

I've been away for a few days... *** is this Heal to full thing?

extremely LONG story short.

Sage/Sorc questions to the devs regarding overall Max DPS (i'm a utility player that can't dps as much as a full speced DPS). The response from the devs was basically "yeah, well we don't expect you to do as much damage as other DPS since during the fight you can heal (to full)" and that they have a "perception problem".

Some took it as a snarkey response and started flaming. Others took it as a cost/benefit of a sage that DPS is lower, but they have additional utility as a healer. So between some raging about PVP and not surving 3:1 and the others complaining about OPS and enrage timers that a sage DPS is about 8-10% below other DPS even though other DPS can't necessarily heal and are less "squishy" since they have more armor.

tl;dr <insert class> sucks because we are not the flavor of the month and are not at the top of every parse or not the greatest class ever. That progressing as a team is less important than that little number that says how much "dps" you can do. Even though a well balanced mix of ranged and melee DPS is necessary everyone thinks it is all about the #'s

I've been away for a few days... *** is this Heal to full thing?

It was an attempt at developer and gamer communication that resulted in slanted feedback and botched reception of it.

Gamers that know the game from actually playing the game and using data to back their stance all shown to BW to developers that know the game through data use only but never telling gamers the real metrics to back anything up, then just telling everyone to learn to play.

It was bound to blow the "F" up in BW's face. How they didn't see it coming is similar to how the Gree armor requirements got screwed up. Sometimes BW is just oblivious to things.

"Syria needs to learn how to be Humane to full. Clearly they have a Humanity problem."

The West needs to learn to investigate to full. Clearly have a trust in baseless accusations problem.

Edited by Helig

extremely LONG story short.

Sage/Sorc questions to the devs regarding overall Max DPS (i'm a utility player that can't dps as much as a full speced DPS). The response from the devs was basically "yeah, well we don't expect you to do as much damage as other DPS since during the fight you can heal (to full)" and that they have a "perception problem".

Some took it as a snarkey response and started flaming. Others took it as a cost/benefit of a sage that DPS is lower, but they have additional utility as a healer. So between some raging about PVP and not surving 3:1 and the others complaining about OPS and enrage timers that a sage DPS is about 8-10% below other DPS even though other DPS can't necessarily heal and are less "squishy" since they have more armor.

tl;dr <insert class> sucks because we are not the flavor of the month and are not at the top of every parse or not the greatest class ever. That progressing as a team is less important than that little number that says how much "dps" you can do. Even though a well balanced mix of ranged and melee DPS is necessary everyone thinks it is all about the #'s

Can you explain to me the "perception problem"? I noticed there's a lot of mentions of it in the forums but I probably missed something.

If I had to call it? People got pissed when BioWare's idea of where they want the classes didn't match up with peoples expectations of where they want the class. IE invincible and able to force choke the Deathstar from full until dead inside of 1.5 seconds, and the ability to make a killer cheesecake at the same time.

If I had to call it? People got pissed when BioWare's idea of where they want the classes didn't match up with peoples expectations of where they want the class. IE invincible and able to force choke the Deathstar from full until dead inside of 1.5 seconds, and the ability to make a killer cheesecake at the same time.

The problem is that bw sometimes has ideas of how their classes should work, which simply do not work in the game.

Why should you bring a dps who can heal a bit but does less dmg than the others, when you can just bring a real healer or a real dps?

They once described the commando as an artillery and that's why the gunnery spec has to cast that much, but the sniper feels way more like an artillery, than the commando.

A possible solution would be to give everybody lightsaber forms/cells/cylinders/charges or something like it.

The heals could all be bound to the heal stance and the dps's could do as much dmg as the "real" dps do.