Do you PvE, PvP, or both?

The_Grand_Nagus

Whenever you have an MMO, you have people in the community who prefer one type of gameplay over another. Some prefer to PvE(playing storyline quests and high end dungeons) while others prefer to PvP(fighting against other players). Of course, there are also some who enjoy both, to varying degrees. With that in mind,

Which of these choices best describe your gameplay? (click link to vote)

After voting, please share your thoughts :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever you have an MMO, you have people in the community who prefer one type of gameplay over another. Some prefer to PvE(playing storyline quests and high end dungeons) while others prefer to PvP(fighting against other players). Of course, there are also some who enjoy both, to varying degrees. With that in mind,

Which of these choices best describe your gameplay? (click link to vote)

After voting, please share your thoughts :D

First to vote. LOL

Mainly a raider. Have three characters raiding currently, but do PvP with alts or with guild on occasion.

Edited by Blackardin

PvE only.

I am not averse to PvP (as my EVE and Mortal Online accounts can attest to) but I only like PvP in games that were designed from the ground up with PvP in mind. Tacking it on as an afterthought ("We have to ship with PvP of some kind") and/or segregating it to what amounts to a ghetto (battlegrounds, warzones, arenas, seldom used zones or subzones, etc) is something that does not appeal to me. I also hate and despise the effect tacked-on PvP can have on core PvE gameplay (ability nerfs, for example).

Old scripture says, "A man cannot serve two masters" and that, in my experience, counts for games as well ( at least in this area).

Mostly PvE, although I've made a real effort with my most recent toon to step up my PvP game and improve, so I'm doing a lot more of it. (Plus it's a great way to get additional Planetary Comms if you don't want to do all the side missions on a planet.)

PvE only for all but one of my toons I got tired of standard progression so I decided to lvl up my sniper through PvP only and its quite fun as I'm often unstoppable(pun intended) and it makes for a unique lvling experience although in between matches as sometimes the queues take Forever to pop I'll do my class story or some heroics with a friend.

I only really PVP. I didn't plan on being a PVP'er when I started playing the game but I got sucked in and never came back out. I always wanted to do some PVE stuff, but it's just something I never got around to. Maybe one of these days.