Bring Back Ranked 8s

Captainejo

Not sure why they left. Population cant get much worse so worring about que times is not a valid argument anymore. give those who want to play the options. ranked teams queing isnt going to destroy the que population, it will probably bring more ppl back than it will drive out. Bring it Back Please!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard enough to get ranked 4's to pop. You think ranked 8's are going to be any better? Besides they need to fixed the whole ranked system first.

Here's my idea for fixing PVP

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=749954

Ranked 8 was more popular than the arena's have ever been, and we lost a good amount of PvP'ers when the removed ranked 8. I still do not understand why we can't have both.

Lots of people left because ranked 8v8 was removed. Its return would revitalize the interest of some of those people. There are also lots of newer regs players that don't like arenas, but are interested in more competitive warzones. Edited by JediMasterSLC

At this point in the game, I would prefer they removed ranked/ELO pvp entirely. And instead break the warzone queue down into:

• SOLO QUEUE WARZONES (8v8s, true solo queue, no pre-mades, can't queue with group)

• SOLO QUEUE ARENAS (4v4 arenas, no pre-mades, can't queue with group)

• TEAM WARZONES (requiring 4 or 8 players in group, putting an 8v8 or 4+4 vs 4+4 in obj warzones)

• TEAM ARENAS (requiring 4 people in group, 4v4 team arenas)

Then, that said, I would have only the SOLO Queues give regular warzone comms and only the TEAM Queues give Rated PvP Comms. I know there is no ELO or rating with what I'm suggesting, but that would be the only way to accquire those comms. Change the comm name to "team comms" for all I care and the dailies to "Solo Dailies" and "Team Dailies."

SWTOR has no competitive pvp and even less of a dev team supporting it. Just remove the ELO, let the pvp just be yolo fun. Done. This would get some people be social and group together and queue up. Since there is no ELO and E-peen, I think there would be a ton more people queueing.

Edited by SOULCASTER

At this point in the game, I would prefer they removed ranked/ELO pvp entirely. And instead break the warzone queue down into:

• SOLO QUEUE WARZONES (8v8s, true solo queue, no pre-mades, can't queue with group)

• TEAM WARZONES (requiring 4 or 8 players in group, putting an 8v8 or 4+4 vs 4+4 in obj warzones)

Then, that said, I would have only the SOLO Queues give regular warzone comms and only the TEAM Queues give Rated PvP Comms. I know there is no ELO or rating with what I'm suggesting, but that would be the only way to accquire those comms. Change the comm name to "team comms" for all I care and the dailies to "Solo Dailies" and "Team Dailies."

SWTOR has no competitive pvp and even less of a dev team supporting it. Just remove the ELO, let the pvp just be yolo fun. Done. This would get some people be social and group together and queue up. Since there is no ELO and E-peen, I think there would be a ton more people queueing.

/signed

But I like epeen.

/signed

So...you could only play with your friends if you have exactly 3 or 7 of them?

/signed

I think it's a bit drastic to say this game has no competitive pvp. It might not be where we want it to be but I still get some good ranked in. Removing ELO wouldn't solve anything and would further alienate the handful of good players this game has left. Sure more people would play, but that's what we have regs for. I don't see the point at all.

I don't want some 25k munchkin on my team in 4s arenas and I certainly don't want to play 25k munckins either. That's pointless for both parties.

To the OP: 8v8 Ranked was very fun but there were some pretty large balancing issues. Healing has been toned down a bit so maybe it wouldn't be as bad but I distinctly remember 3 healer games and a 35 minute civil war. Not fun. I'd say the classes are more balanced now than they were then though so maybe it could work.

But this is all academic. BW won't bring 8s back anytime soon. Nor will they do what Soulcaster suggested.

Edited by EnzoForMe

/signed

I think the communities interest in ranked is high enough to warrant 8v8's again. We have ranked seasons, end season rewards and daily and weekly missions for ranked. I think it is time to implement ranked 8v8's again.

Edited by Trevor_the_Bruce

To the OP: 8v8 Ranked was very fun but there were some pretty large balancing issues. Healing has been toned down a bit so maybe it wouldn't be as bad but I distinctly remember 3 healer games and a 35 minute civil war. Not fun. I'd say the classes are more balanced now than they were then though so maybe it could work.

But this is all academic. BW won't bring 8s back anytime soon. Nor will they do what Soulcaster suggested.

3 healers where annoying but BiS for certain situations. The issue was back then that you could still field respect in wzs. So in voidstar defense everyone who could respect tank or heals and stuff like that. Back then one of most important demands in the community was the limit respec to just the beginning of the wz (so if it is huttball you assassin could go darkness and stuff like that).

or 3+ smash... wont happen anymore. Sorc heals were viable back then anyway, and merc heals probably would be right now as well.

Would be genuinely interesting to see it back with the changes that happened since its removal.

The population wouldn't support 8v8 any longer. Wait until housing - PvPers will return to decorate their home hooks I'm sure...

While you are right that currently the population would be a bit low, considering the ranked community (as it is right now), I know quite few people that left the game and openly said they would return if there was 8v8 ranked again.

It was a feature that kept people playing the game and like the stuff you do pvp wise. A lot of people really liked it (despite the flaws), so would use current population as a knockdown argument. I mean even GSF drew some people back to the game, not actually ground pvpers though... and with WoW it is also like people quit the game new extnesion comes and they resub and stuff.