Help with re-ing #234 gear

Esspee

I have 600 Cybertech, and recently received an " Advanced Savant Enhancement 48 ( #234 purple ) from a command crate. I tried to re the item and it says there is no research available even though I do not have the schematic. What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you, did not know that, can I Re Items I buy off the GTN ?

I don't think so, or at least not for schematics. REing a mod-object from a purple-parts armour piece (230 T1, 234 T2, 240 T3, or 246 T4) yields a schematic for the same mod-object but without any relevant set bonus.

The ones on the GTN were crafted from those schematics, and like all items crafted by someone else, you can't RE them for schematics.

Of course I may have missed something vitally important in all this.

Its ok if you RE extras*, but honestly, you don't want to craft 234 gear, unless the reason is for cosmetics, which by definition it isn't if you are discussing mods and enhancements. Bolster makes the gear at that level largely inconsequential. You are better off saving the void matter catalysts for 246 gear, or trading them in exchange for the mods. Even the green resources are valuable as they are needed to craft the 246 augments.

*By extras, I mean the mods that you pull out of 234 gear you get from the crates.

The ones on the GTN were crafted from those schematics, and like all items crafted by someone else, you can't RE them for schematics.

So, at least for color crystals (like for example the Orange-Black or Cyan), you could buy the crafted version, place it in a weapon, and pull it out, and THEN it could be reverse engineered. That's how I learned all those special color crystal schematics back in the 2.x era, and I believe it still works.

However, I HAVE tried this same method with 246 Warding B mods bought off the GTN, and it doesn't work. And, since Warding B and Lethal B mods do not come from set bonus gear, the only way to obtain them is individually through the crates (where you could also get the legendary versions,) or to get the schematic from the higher difficulty operations.

So, at least for color crystals (like for example the Orange-Black or Cyan), you could buy the crafted version, place it in a weapon, and pull it out, and THEN it could be reverse engineered. That's how I learned all those special color crystal schematics back in the 2.x era, and I believe it still works.

However, I HAVE tried this same method with 246 Warding B mods bought off the GTN, and it doesn't work. And, since Warding B and Lethal B mods do not come from set bonus gear, the only way to obtain them is individually through the crates (where you could also get the legendary versions,) or to get the schematic from the higher difficulty operations.

It no longer works for color crystals.