Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

CharterMonkKent

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vendor won't even be there anymore.

War Hero will cost regular WZ coms and full EWH sets have arrived.

Or so the PTS currently shows.

Yes it appears that players will not longer be able to complain about a gear gap (thank the lord).

Dulfy kicks A as usual... Idealistically I'll miss it but for game health agree this would work better.

Yes it appears that players will not longer be able to complain about a gear gap (thank the lord).

^ Yes indeed. At least there'll still be OP/Nerf issues to keep the unhappy people happy :p

I hope BM gear becomes the new recruit gear or something haha, Recruit -> war hero is still horrible

Yes, the gear gap from Recruit - WH will be terrible, but at the same time, that gap will be closed very fast. Especially since there is very little gap between WH and EWH.

Yes, the gear gap from Recruit - WH will be terrible, but at the same time, that gap will be closed very fast. Especially since there is very little gap between WH and EWH.

LOL this doesn't sound good. are we sure bm isn't the new recruit? (perhaps stat-wise if not in name?)

It's at least the Relics. My last 50 dinged right after 1.4 so it's been a while. I can't remember if there was anything past that.

Ah. Maybe it was changed in 1.4. My last was just before that.

Would be nice if they put this stuff in the patch notes since they made a late addition to add the reduced WH cost and removal of BM, so now I don't trust them to have either changed MK2 and not said, or if they didn't touch it.

Ah. Maybe it was changed in 1.4. My last was just before that.

Would be nice if they put this stuff in the patch notes since they made a late addition to add the reduced WH cost and removal of BM, so now I don't trust them to have either changed MK2 and not said, or if they didn't touch it.

maybe we'll get lucky and someone on the PTS will ding 50 and let us know. There are plenty of people who will be staying at lvl 49(.9999) until 1.6 pops unless they get some details.

it's funny. I'm actually looking forward to grinding my last two ACs now. Knowing that the pvp "grind" is pretty much gone is outstanding.

It's at least the Relics. My last 50 dinged right after 1.4 so it's been a while. I can't remember if there was anything past that.

Probably just the Relics. The original recruit (not MK-2) came with purple Champion Relics that were so good I still haven't replaced them yet, while mostly everything else went Recruit -> BM -> WH.

Maybe my math is wrong, but it still appears to be the same amount of grinding as before to get to end gear, except this time it's EWH instead of WH.

Before you had to grind WZ comms to BM, then grind ranked to get WH, while trading in your BM pieces.

Now you'll have to grind the same amount of WZ comms (but you get WH gear), then gind the same amount of ranked comms as before but you get EWH. with WH trade in.

The only reduction in the grind is to get to WH, but the grind isn't done because a new tier exists.

Maybe my math is wrong, but it still appears to be the same amount of grinding as before to get to end gear, except this time it's EWH instead of WH.

Before you had to grind WZ comms to BM, then grind ranked to get WH, while trading in your BM pieces.

Now you'll have to grind the same amount of WZ comms (but you get WH gear), then gind the same amount of ranked comms as before but you get EWH. with WH trade in.

The only reduction in the grind is to get to WH, but the grind isn't done because a new tier exists.

the grind is still there but the difference between the gear stats (aka gear gap) is substantially reduced. Someone did the math and it appears the gap between WH and EWH is at most 3.8% (if you focus enhancements to one stat). That is a significant improvement over the current gap between BM and WH. And maybe just as important... there will be only a short period of time between Recruit/BM and WH.

Does that make sense?

But the stat difference is so minimal that it doesn't really matter if you don't grind it out. I for one will be becuase i like having the best but others won't have to do this to be competitive. Hopefully it will help the ranked scene. Taking away gear access as a barrier to entry.

why do they keep getting rid of gear? Surely they should be adding more. So that's Recruit, Centurion, Champion and now Battlemaster gear removed, for WH the ugliest armor in history

People will still whine about the gear gap, so why have one at all? Just give everyone everything now , that's the direction this game is going in. Perhaps they should sell Valor via CC's or is that being removed as well? :mad:

Its still the same amount of grinding to get the EWH but now the gear gap between fresh 50s is even bigger. What a great update......:-/

How is it bigger? You now go right from recruit to WH which is the same as what BM is currently...that sounds pretty legit to me.

How is it bigger? You now go right from recruit to WH which is the same as what BM is currently...that sounds pretty legit to me.

SO summary of all the stats and math that people are posting that hurts my brain is.... WH post 1.6 = BM pre 1.6 stat wise?

If so... why wouldn't they keep the BM gear since it looks different. I'm tired of "new gear" just being a different color.

Cusomtization junkie if you couldn't tell.