Is this normal or ?!

RedMercyyy

So i came back after 3 years on swtor, i subbed and all was good except,.... my fps its ****...

i can run any triple A title maxed out while this drops to 20ish in warzones and in the fleet its the same when i drop everyting on very low settings idk whats going on is the game's fault or me which i highly doubt

You get 20ish fps with all settings on low? While mine fluctuates quite a bit while playing on high settings it's almost always in the 70-100+ range, occasionally dropping down to the 50's.

Try turning off all nameplates. That seems to help folks out. I never have nameplates on in any of the games I play but I've read on these forums where others have reported better performance when they turned their nameplates off.

The Hero engine has not changed so why did you expect anything got better with the fps:rolleyes:

TBH, it did get better somewhere prior to 4.0. They made some cut and trim (like, rendering distance), and made it work much better than before.

Edited by Frenesi

You get 20ish fps with all settings on low? While mine fluctuates quite a bit while playing on high settings it's almost always in the 70-100+ range, occasionally dropping down to the 50's.

Try turning off all nameplates. That seems to help folks out. I never have nameplates on in any of the games I play but I've read on these forums where others have reported better performance when they turned their nameplates off.

To be mote specific the fps drops dont change wether e erything is maxed or at the lowest i get best fps when there are no people arround me most of the time lowest outside warzones is 40 and inside wz drops to 20ish. Il plug jn y old hd gpu tmmrw and see if theres any difference

Max fps i get is over 160ish also theres alot of stuttering when i open up inventory and other tabs also fps droos but they return rsther fast

Also enabling vsinc will lock the frames rate on good hardware..

Why would you enable vsync? Only reason to turn it on is to prevent screen tearing

Back to the OP

turn off shadows. Move the trees and grass slider and shadow slider to the LEFT

put shaders to medium. Put AA to medium. Enjoy better frame rates

The above link is a quick video I made with settings I use to maximize frame rates while still having the game look good

Nvidia Control Panel settings and in game settings for max FPS and good visuals

Edited by knowmyname

now fps ''cap'' is 71.8 but is still dropping in warzones with or without vsync

and i have i5-3570k cpu overclocked and asus strix gtx 970 gpu, and 16 gb of ram. i just want a fix for the game i still didnt put on my old gpu i will try that later see if it gets it fixed but that would be extremly stupid playing on that card