For those that compair WOW to TOR

tharengore

I would love to see a video of WOW at 3 months...and TOR at 3 months.

But the point is most that are complaining about how WOW is better then TOR are the ones who only know of WOW now...not in its first year let alone first few months.

Even then TOR compares very well to WOW now...and has a leading edge going into the future cause of it. TOR is only going to get better....

The comparison of SWTOR vs WoW now is because they are both out now.

It really was interesting to see so many peoples claims laid bare, in an actual open response, by someone whom seems unbiased.

For those that have no patience/fell asleep/put on music, here's the now time break down.

Graphics was SWTOR for immersion, but personal choice on graphics if you like Big Shoulders.

Sound was SWTOR for Immersion and situational sound effects, awesome soundtrack that changes as the game play changes.

PvP was WoW, SWTOR has 3 WZ and Illum plus a couple PvP zones, but 7 plus years has brought WoW Random/Rated/Arena/and Tol Barad which is near world PvP, but an event only at certain times.

PvE was SWTOR for leveling, great story and depth of story, and FP/OP for more End Game Content than WoW has right now. Because of the 3 modes it opens more end content than WoW to actually do, unless you want to run old raids that no one is doing. Although WoW does have a better list of Achievements.

Fluff was WoW, 7+ years of pets and mounts gives it a larger number than what SWTOR has at present.

Sandbox, both tied, Epic Fail, no real customization by the players. Both are Theme Park.

I don't get how people can compare a 7 year old fantasy game with a 3 month old science fiction game. I keep hearing that this is just WoW with lightsabers. I haven't seen a single orc with a lightsaber in SWTOR.

Star Wars is more science fantasy than science fiction.