Should Explosive Conflict be nerfed?

As it stands currently, I believe it's just as hard to get this done now than it was back in the days when 50 was cap and it was first introduced. It's easier to pug Dread Palace than it is to get past the 2nd boss in EC...

I know there are exceptions, some groups will be able to fly through it but generally speaking it's all about the tactics over how well your group is geared.

So what is the purpose of this and should anything be done?

Should it be left as it is with better rewards introduced or should some of the tactics be removed such as double destruction duties/less offensive system shields on the second boss to make it easier for groups?

Personally, I just want to get those damn Vehicle achievements done and out of my mission log :) and a little more variety in my classic ops weekly choices, because it's only ever KP or EV that people feel like it's worth doing for those Ult comms...

Edited by AelixVII

keep it the same. that op has mechanics that are as hard if not harder then the ops out right now and it should stay that way. the "nerf" to that op was 5 more lvls and more gear. if you cant get a group that can handle lvl 50 mechanics then you arent ready for it, period.

Why don't we make every add and boss in the game stand still and kill itself after you've been hitting it for 30 seconds?

No. EC has already been nerfed like 5x. Not to mention if you can't handle EC 5 levels above then good luck getting through the ops after.

Edited by TrillOG-

I am sorry, but EC Nightmare is the only lvl 50 content that sill requires you to have some skill, knowledge how to execute tactics and some experiance. I don't mind if developers change the Hardmode or Storymode to cater the content more to the bad players but Nightmare is from the start not intended for everyone, and don't give me that crap about gear, when I first hit lvl 55 me and some friends did it for achievements and cleared it with ****** makeb gear.

Instead of asking for a nerf, you should consider how you play your class and if there is anything you can do to play it better, since if you are having troubles with EC Nightmare, there is something really wrong.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

keep it the same. that op has mechanics that are as hard if not harder then the ops out right now and it should stay that way.

Sure, but what's the reason for that? you haven't exactly explained why there 'needs to be an ops with a high difficulty stuck in the level 50 range'.

Is it just a challenge that guilds like to come back to just to get it done? do they do it for the mounts?

My point is, it just feels like it's out of place, stuck there in the classic ops weekly where no one bothers touching it.

I am sorry, but EC Nightmare is the only lvl 50 content that sill requires you to have some skill, knowledge how to execute tactics and some experiance. I don't mind if developers change the Hardmode or Storymode to cater the content more to the bad players but Nightmare is from the start not intended for everyone, and don't give me that crap about gear, when I first hit lvl 55 me and some friends did it for achievements and cleared it with ****** makeb gear.

I agree NIM should be left but I already said in my first post it was about tacts and not gear?

Instead of asking for a nerf, you should consider how you play your class and if there is anything you can do to play it better, since if you are having troubles with EC Nightmare, there is something really wrong.

This isn't about me personally lol I know all the tactics and used to raid this one all the time when it was new. But these days my job makes it impossible to stick to a weekly schedule for raiding and I'm much happier pugging groups. On my server pugging works out surprisingly well for every other raid in the game except EC, so taking away some of the necessary tactics for SM/HM would be worth considering, if anything just for some variety.

Edited by AelixVII

Sure, but what's the reason for that? you haven't exactly explained why there 'needs to be an ops with a high difficulty stuck in the level 50 range'.

Is it just a challenge that guilds like to come back to just to get it done? do they do it for the mounts?

My point is, it just feels like it's out of place, stuck there in the classic ops weekly where no one bothers touching it.

Well guess what? There's KP and EV that are perfect for the bads with 0 mechanics that do anything to get the weeklies done. EC is a good place for people to learn what a mechanic is and how to handle them. Leave it the same. People already can't clear the council and draxus on SM ffs. If you can't handle EC hm you don't deserve the ultimate comms. /thread

Not trying to come across as a dbag but lets get real here. The content in this game is already pretty frickin easy.

Edited by TrillOG-

As above. Also weeklies for DF/DP and S&V should be moved to last boss. I joined some SM PUGs to finish one-time quests on my Sorcerer last week and those people didn't deserve any comms whatsoever (I pulled 5000EHPS with 99,9% effective heals in one of those to give you an idea how bad it was).

As above. Also weeklies for DF/DP and S&V should be moved to last boss. I joined some SM PUGs to finish one-time quests on my Sorcerer last week and those people didn't deserve any comms whatsoever (I pulled 5000EHPS with 99,9% effective heals in one of those to give you an idea how bad it was).

Welcome to casual land of TOR, where even fails can get through enough content to get comms to over gear most things.

I'd love to see all the weeklies require killing the last boss, and have the comms that drop and / or are tied to the weekly be commensurate with the difficulty level (e.g. no getting Ultimate comms killing bosses in entry 55 SM ops).

And no, I'm not an elitist, but I also don't think one should be able to fail their way through trivial content and be awarded gear of a higher level than that content.

But I am a realist, and know they won't change this model as it keeps all the fail casual bad players playing by giving them the illusion of a challenge in killing a few SM operation bosses designed for 66 gear in their 72 / 78 comm gear.

Its also why I believe we'll never see another EC or Lost Island, so they should leave them alone and quit nerfing them for the fail players.

Edited by DawnAskham

Welcome to casual land of TOR, where even fails can get through enough content to get comms to over gear most things.

It gets even worse as soon as the 2nd best gear set gets craftable (78 in 2.7)

Then we will have more bads running around in even better gear :mad:

After I fully cleared the Dread Ops HM I finally decided to clear EC NiM (mainly for the mounts). Well I ended up having a blast, never had so much fun in this game (Ops-wise).

I know that work and gaming don't get along well together, maybe you could try to form a group (in a non-guild environment) that runs once a week in order to clear the instance.

The mounts are cool, the title as well, the mechanics are fun... Yes, I'd be sad if they nerf it :/.

I'd love to see all the weeklies require killing the last boss, and have the comms that drop and / or are tied to the weekly be commensurate with the difficulty level (e.g. no getting Ultimate comms killing bosses in entry 55 SM ops).

And no, I'm not an elitist, but I also don't think one should be able to fail their way through trivial content and be awarded gear of a higher level than that content.

But I am a realist, and know they won't change this model as it keeps all the fail casual bad players playing by giving them the illusion of a challenge in killing a few SM operation bosses designed for 66 gear in their 72 / 78 comm gear.

Its also why I believe we'll never see another EC or Lost Island, so they should leave them alone and quit nerfing them for the fail players.

But you are elitist. :cool:

Gear is a hook, yes it is needed for next level but after that (or if you are not going to serious raiding) is simply a grind hook.

It is not catering the bad, it is simply a way to ensure that casuals wouldn't leave game after they see the stories FPs and SM OPs once (remember launch and exodus)... by giving them "easy" but much longer way to continue develop their characters.

And most of comm gear is pure crap ... if you are tank, much bigger crap.

Moving all rewards to last boss ... it would only make grind longer, I suppose there is a calculations about that, DF & DP are pretty short but SnV without rush is more than 2 hours.

It may work better if they simply change drop tables so only last bossed drop things that are not available with comms (main hands, crafting recipes, mounts & so on).

Current format works pretty well for all, there are HM/NiM (DF is almost here, DP soon) for elite and progresors and SMs for casuals + weeklies to hook in grind.

Not everyone need to race the elitists just to have fun... but MMO players in general become addicted to gear.

Most of crafted 78s are good for progresors only ... nobody sane would even RE comms crap or buy crafted items same as comms crap (maybe except barrels/hilts), good items will still be making rich guess who - progressors. Casuals will not have mats and/or money to gear from crafting (40 items = 80 MMG, 320 isotopes, 320 equalizers ... current prices 52 mil for 1 character :D ). Witch is utterly sad move, crafting by itself is game in the game and can be done much better and viable without need of progressive raiding. But no... CM killed half of it, raiders only mats are squishing other part ... what is left for casuals... augments and kits.

Progressors going to burn all content short ... no matter the game they play, games are living on casuals and new players. It has to have hardcore part but also have to have much bigger hook for casuals.

So game have to keep majority of players or die...

There you go with commendations for all.

Not just like some old MMOs - I am elitist and you have no right to have even similar level gear as me.

Gear is a tool actually not reward even if most of us see it as reward.

Tool for playing on next level or tool to keep us playing... each for it's own.

Edited by morfius

As it stands currently, I believe it's just as hard to get this done now than it was back in the days when 50 was cap and it was first introduced. It's easier to pug Dread Palace than it is to get past the 2nd boss in EC...

I know there are exceptions, some groups will be able to fly through it but generally speaking it's all about the tactics over how well your group is geared.

So what is the purpose of this and should anything be done?

Should it be left as it is with better rewards introduced or should some of the tactics be removed such as double destruction duties/less offensive system shields on the second boss to make it easier for groups?

Personally, I just want to get those damn Vehicle achievements done and out of my mission log :) and a little more variety in my classic ops weekly choices, because it's only ever KP or EV that people feel like it's worth doing for those Ult comms...

Only thing nerfing EC could do is make some mats for level 50 relics easier to get...

SM is pretty beatable with sane group, HM & NiM are pretty nice idea due to pure mechanic test.

I would suggest otherwise - make it level 60 (SM, HM, NiM) when expansion come (with nerfed LI as SM, new HM and NiM for it and some other FPs).

Let progressors have their fun without stripping casuals (therefore sm/hm/nim) ... pure win.

Wait, what? So you're complaining about SM and HM being too hard as you said in this thread to leave NiM as is? Those are very easy. My guild, which is absolutely awful, has cleared SM and HM. Hell, we've cleared NiM all the way to Kephess. Only reason we haven't cleared him yet on NiM is because we only gave it two attempts (like I said, my guild is bad and quits after a couple wipes). We two-shot the tanks (would have quit if we had wiped on second attempt, bad guild with no heart). The devs have already stated that they want SM to be for the story and HM/NiM to be for the challenge. SM is very easy, so you should be fine. I have the tank mount on my Sniper from Firebrand and Stormcaller NiM. I also completed pre-nerfed Lost Island HM on a freshly dinged healer in the free Tionese/Recruit gear we used to get while my group didn't even execute the mechanics (eating all Dr. Lorrick's frontal cone attacks, standing in flame vents, etc). Game really isn't that hard.

I dont think it should be nerfed, but to encourage getting people to do it, the classic ops mission shouldn't include EC.

Instead, the EC weekly should only work on hard and nightmare modes, and give:

40 classic comms

20 basic comms

12 elite comms

6 ultimate comms

In addition to this, each boss should drop 3/6/10 classic comms and 0/3/5 basic comms.

By doing this, you will see a lot more people running EC HM and NiM, as it gives a better incentive to go do it.

Currently the only reason I can think of for doing it is getting an arsenal merc/gunnery commando a good set bonus for pre-dread forged gear, some speeders, and bragging rights. I am running around with an Aratech Nighscythe though which I somehow pugged :D

Well guess what? There's KP and EV that are perfect for the bads with 0 mechanics that do anything to get the weeklies done. EC is a good place for people to learn what a mechanic is and how to handle them. Leave it the same. People already can't clear the council and draxus on SM ffs. If you can't handle EC hm you don't deserve the ultimate comms. /thread

Not trying to come across as a dbag but lets get real here. The content in this game is already pretty frickin easy.

Wait, people cant clear SM Draxus? I know i have had my issues with SM Draxus, but that was with Intterupt CD's and Mass Affliction... But an outright wipe? I think i have only wiped once in a PuG group of SM DF on Draxus.

Wait, people cant clear SM Draxus? I know i have had my issues with SM Draxus, but that was with Intterupt CD's and Mass Affliction... But an outright wipe? I think i have only wiped once in a PuG group of SM DF on Draxus.

Happened all the time in week 1-4 on 8-man. Granted it was cause it was horribly bugged, and the guardians would throw out Affliction every 15 seconds which did 8k internal dps to a random raid member, while being uncleansable. Meanwhile on HM, this is 3k internal dps. Fun times that one...

EC HC/NiM was done back when it was the highest content and it is still done now, even if that's not quite as often

I came back to the game in late January, already 55. Between The Harbinger and Prophecy of the Five, I've seen a pug forming for EC twice.

It's pulling teeth to get anyone to even attempt it.

It's pulling teeth to get anyone to even attempt it.

Some ops just aren't meant to be pugged.

Doesn't mean they're super hard, they just require more coordination than standing out of red and throwing heals/taunts/pews.

Actually, I suspect (and hope) that this thread is just troll/sarcasm to get everyone to say "No, EC NiM shouldn't be nerfed" and then throw "A-ha, then why should DP/DF!"

Edited by Heal-To-Full

Main reason people don't want to do EC NiM is because it still drops Dread Guard armor. Plus those who have done it, probably already have the Warstalker title so there isn't much incentive to go back. As far as nerfing, I think they should actually bump EC up to a lvl 55 or higher op sometime in the future. It's really not all that hard considering people cleared it with Campaign gear way back when, so if you can't do it now post 2.0 then I'm sorry but you need to learn to deal with mechanics and not try to tank and spank everything. Edited by Iona_Var