Sith Pure Bloods

Algosha

I'm new to the series, and am enjoying it so far. I have a Sith pure blood Assassin. Question: Why are pure Sith (red skin, yellow eyes, ectc...) not shown in any of the movies? Did they die out? I haven't run across them in any stories I've read either. Maybe I missed something....:confused:

I think the official explanation is that they become such an intermingled species that they are virtually indistinguishable from others in the core of the galaxy.

The extended universe elaborates that some who still have resemblances to pure blood Sith can be found in the more forgotten worlds.

As for Korriban, the Sith homeworld, it was conquered a couple times over by various Dark Jedi and other dark side cults and species, leaving it as a pretty barren mausoleum world.

I'm new to the series, and am enjoying it so far. I have a Sith pure blood Assassin. Question: Why are pure Sith (red skin, yellow eyes, ectc...) not shown in any of the movies? Did they die out? I haven't run across them in any stories I've read either. Maybe I missed something....:confused:

Almost all of them were either interbred with Human Sith (Dark Jedi), many were killed or turned into monsters through Sith Alchemy on Yavin IV, and the rest just died away. There are likely still some left in the galaxy, but not pureblood, and likely no longer under the name "Sith."

Dark Maul was a pure blood in ep 1

Darth Maul was a Zabrak.

And yes sith are the origall race where the term "sith" came from, and dark jedi landed, intermingled with the populace and the race/faith eventually took the name, years and years pass and the "pure sith" eventually rose to promincance over the human "sith". Duing the war or wars many died out, there bloodline got thinned down alot through interbreeding etc. So now even a pure blood is more than likely to not actually be pure but very very close. Hence why they are rare bordering on extinct.....most of the republic thought they were extinct along with the entire order. but as we all know assumption is the mother of bleeps lol.

At least from what ive read and seen from books, games and SWTOR this would be my interpritation of it.

on a side note force users such as Exar Kun who named themselves sith, were neither sith by race or by faith, they just took the title of sith lord.....i think i got that fromt the timline.

Edited by Medo

many were killed or turned into monsters through Sith Alchemy on Yavin IV, and the rest just died away. There are likely still some left in the galaxy, but not pureblood, and likely no longer under the name "Sith."

i believe Your thinking of the Massassi and Exar Kun. This happened about 350 years before The old republic is set. about 30 years before the first Knights of the Old Republic game.

i believe Your thinking of the Massassi and Exar Kun. This happened about 350 years before The old republic is set. about 30 years before the first Knights of the Old Republic game.

Yes, but that did surely take out a huge chunk of the population, no?

Massassi are a different race entirely and if they had been sith I'm pointing out that it happened before the setting in the old republic and not really relevant the the thread since the idea is what happened to the sith purebloods between the old republic and the movie era.

on a side note force users such as Exar Kun who named themselves sith, were neither sith by race or by faith, they just took the title of sith lord.....i think i got that fromt the timline.

Exar Kun received tutelage in Sith ways from the spirits of both Dark Lord Marka Ragnos (whose death sparked the civil war between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh) and Freedon Nadd (who himself was trained by the spirit of Naga Sadow). The spirit of Ragnos, in fact, named Kun the new Dark Lord of the Sith, and Ulic Qel-Droma as his apprentice. Therefore, Exar Kun was most certainly a true Sith in terms of the Sith religion.

The true Sith actually show back up in the Star Wars Legacy era (I think about 200-300 years after Return of the Jedi). Great comic series, highly recommended.

not really, those creatures that served krayts one sith where sithspawn (creatures twisted by sith alchemy, although cade skywalker calles them sithspawn it is not really concrete as to weather or not they where true sithspawn like the Massassi.) but they are for sure more or less like maul in that they where a number of different species with sith tatoos.

It is also good to point out that as mentioned in earlier issues of legacy that ancient sith lords who appear in force ghost forms did not even consider krayts one sith as legitimate sith.

I think the official explanation is that they become such an intermingled species that they are virtually indistinguishable from others in the core of the galaxy.

In fact, one of the early quests you get as an Inquisitor or Warrior deals with a Sith pureblood concerned about this very issue.