Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Leveling, Best Spec?

lokiwalker
10.28.2013 , 09:14 AM | #1
So I was thinking of working on my Merc leveling, should I go Arsenal spec for leveling or should I pick up some of the healing talents as well.

End game with this char I will mostly be PVP and DPS. My other chars are mostly tanks or melee DPS so I wanted a change of pace. FYI, I am not a huge fan of being the main healer don't mind off healing though.

Is this the best leveling spec? Who should my main companions be? Any other tips are welcome, since I am a pretty new player to SWTOR though I have loved it so far.

jarshr
10.28.2013 , 08:47 PM | #2
roll in arsenal all the way, its awesome....go with mako until u get torian then ur jsut destroy everything in ur path

Zoom_VI
11.05.2013 , 12:39 PM | #3
I prefer pyro for leveling, once you get the Prototype particle accelerator you can burn through everything, although I would go arsenal once you are high enough for heatseeker
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Benevon
11.11.2013 , 04:29 PM | #4
I have been trying both out right now in my mid 30s. Pyro is definitely fun. Arsenal seems a little bit better on heat, and a tad more survivable due to the talent that gives you damage reduction from your tracer missles. It seems to be the more efficient build for leveling, don't know if I like it as much pyro personally.

Rain_man_devo
11.16.2013 , 03:49 PM | #5
I leveled half way as heals then went Arsenal. I haven't looked back yet.
Chase'Leary lvl 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Void with the weird O

where did I put my aggro dump again? oh yeah on your face. BURRRRN.

Nakdana
11.17.2013 , 03:19 PM | #6
I went pyrotech all the way, it gives you endurance and some dps so mako will be a big help if you're into pve, in pvp you're just gonna spam the target with damge with burning which does alot of damage

Khelin
12.04.2013 , 09:53 AM | #7
Is there a particular Arsenal build that is considered to be better? I've looked at the PvP build on Noxxic, as well as a couple others and noticed a few differences (ie - taking or passing on Afterburners & Critical Reaction)

Thank you,

cs_zoltan
12.04.2013 , 10:20 AM | #8
In general burst spec + healer comp is the best lvling spec in any class
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy