Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10k heatseakers

PerinnAybara
09.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #21
You guys are all forgetting we have a frikking 30% surge talent to the ability.

Meaning when we crit, we do more then twice the base damage.

Which isn't the case for other classes.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Sylvane
09.25.2013 , 11:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Winteroreo View Post
So im making progress and my heatseaker crits now hit for around 7k (Thanks for all the help )
Id just like to ask were do you get the power and surge enhancements.
Power/Surge enhancements are on Combat Medic Chest/Gloves/Off-hand and Eliminator Boots/Main-Hand
JC
Sylvand-(Mando)<RG> / Çommander(Merc) <COBRA>
Sylvane-(Sorcerer) <COBRA>
Xämot-(Jugg) <IBG>
Brohawk-(Sentinel)<RG> / Monkéy-(Marauder)<N2G>

KainrycKarr
09.25.2013 , 12:31 PM | #23
My merc is in full partisan with 4-5 purple 55 augments and the hardest ive hit is about 8500 with HS.

How do I get that last 1500?

Sylvane
09.25.2013 , 01:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KainrycKarr View Post
My merc is in full partisan with 4-5 purple 55 augments and the hardest ive hit is about 8500 with HS.

Finish augmenting all your gear and min/maxing the mods/enhancements and it will make a noticeable difference I'd bet. To be honest though it's all about finding a soft target to smack with your HS, rule of thumb is if your grav is hitting them for over 5k you can probably get a 10k hit rather easily on them.
JC
Sylvand-(Mando)<RG> / Çommander(Merc) <COBRA>
Sylvane-(Sorcerer) <COBRA>
Xämot-(Jugg) <IBG>
Brohawk-(Sentinel)<RG> / Monkéy-(Marauder)<N2G>

KainrycKarr
09.25.2013 , 01:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvane View Post
Finish augmenting all your gear and min/maxing the mods/enhancements and it will make a noticeable difference I'd bet. To be honest though it's all about finding a soft target to smack with your HS, rule of thumb is if your grav is hitting them for over 5k you can probably get a 10k hit rather easily on them.
Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll have to wait til 2.4 for the 10k's, as there's no point in min-maxing atm.

Nocteil
09.25.2013 , 07:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Choffware View Post
Yes crit is useless to stack now. You'll get enough from aim and talents. For pvp (it will differ for pve) you want to:

1) have just enough accuracy to have 95% ranged (some people will argue more or less)
2) then stack power and surge on every mod and enhancement and use all aim augments.
3) If you are 50+ and if you still have one of the pure power relics from the elite war hero sets equip that with the power surge relic. If you don't have the elite war hero relics then just use another one that applies the dot...

4) For weapons you can either use the conqueror weapons (power and surge modded with aim augments) or you can use a shell with pvp level 66 mods barrel and enhancement and a 41+ power crystal. The pve weapon will give you a little more dps and the pvp weapon more survivability. It's a trade off. Bolster will take care of the lack of expertise on these pve weapons. If you go higher than level 66 mods I think bolster drops you below the dps of the top pvp weapons.

5) Make sure you augment everything including implant, ear pieces and relics.
So you put no crit at all on your mods ? I play with 95% accuracy (Tech), 25% crit, 71% surge. I got 2800 in AIM, full buff and stimed, all the rest is on power.

My Heatseeker usualy hits between 7 & 9k. I always heard about mercenaries on English serv who does 11/13k on it. Never happened to me on a WZ, and I never saw it. My best is around 10k. How can I up the damage it deals ? Forget about crit mod, and just stack some power and surge ?

And, when I modded my gear, I chose the mods with less Aim, and more power, is it good ? I really don't know if I have to stack more Aim/Power/Surge, to be at 3000+ in Aim, and the highest possible in Power & Surge... What about crit ? If you got less crit, it will crit less often, how can you deal so much damage if you don't crit anytime ? It's something I don't really understand here..
<Camp Me I'm Famous>

Choffware
09.26.2013 , 09:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocteil View Post
So you put no crit at all on your mods ? I play with 95% accuracy (Tech), 25% crit, 71% surge. I got 2800 in AIM, full buff and stimed, all the rest is on power.

My Heatseeker usualy hits between 7 & 9k. I always heard about mercenaries on English serv who does 11/13k on it. Never happened to me on a WZ, and I never saw it. My best is around 10k. How can I up the damage it deals ? Forget about crit mod, and just stack some power and surge ?

And, when I modded my gear, I chose the mods with less Aim, and more power, is it good ? I really don't know if I have to stack more Aim/Power/Surge, to be at 3000+ in Aim, and the highest possible in Power & Surge... What about crit ? If you got less crit, it will crit less often, how can you deal so much damage if you don't crit anytime ? It's something I don't really understand here..
I have zero crit on my armor but I get around 20 something crit when buffed. I have a couple of parts with accuracy on them so I have 95% range accuracy and if 2.4 wasn't around the corner I would have swapped them out. Other than that I have all power and surge with aim augments. You are lagging a little behind me with the aim and power because I also have the elite war hero power relic matched with the power proc relic and full power pve level 66 weapons. Your mods that have more power than aim are slightly better than mine because I have the ones with more aim. Again I would have swapped them if 2.4 wasn't coming. It's not that power is better than aim but your mods have slightly more when you add the two I think your mods have 8 more aim+power than mine.

But our numbers on heatseeker are similar. Our stats are pretty close also. My HS was hitting people for 10k plus in warzones but I think a lot of people have min-maxed conqueror gear so I don't see quite those numbers anymore. I'm more in the 7-9 range right now... but I just did pop someone for 9786 about an hour ago :-) It was a sorc.
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

BigDumbViking
09.27.2013 , 09:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KainrycKarr View Post

I'm in a healing set and I'm hitting 9800 HS crits when I spec Arsenal. Are you maxing out your TM stacks?

Step 1... Find someone squishy (Sorc/Op)
Step 2... Pop PS for 2 instacast TM's
Step 3... KAPOW
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

Slicksteezin
09.27.2013 , 12:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Choffware View Post
Yes crit is useless to stack now. You'll get enough from aim and talents. For pvp (it will differ for pve) you want to:

1) have just enough accuracy to have 95% ranged (some people will argue more or less)
2) then stack power and surge on every mod and enhancement and use all aim augments.
3) If you are 50+ and if you still have one of the pure power relics from the elite war hero sets equip that with the power surge relic. If you don't have the elite war hero relics then just use another one that applies the dot...

4) For weapons you can either use the conqueror weapons (power and surge modded with aim augments) or you can use a shell with pvp level 66 mods barrel and enhancement and a 41+ power crystal. The pve weapon will give you a little more dps and the pvp weapon more survivability. It's a trade off. Bolster will take care of the lack of expertise on these pve weapons. If you go higher than level 66 mods I think bolster drops you below the dps of the top pvp weapons.

5) Make sure you augment everything including implant, ear pieces and relics.
wrong wrong wrong wrong. All wrong
Gallasiso - Arsenal merc
Frimen - Sorc heals
Harbinger server

Here in SWTOR, everything seems to break. Except the Cartel Market.

Zoom_VI
09.27.2013 , 03:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
wrong wrong wrong wrong. All wrong
and the reason is....?
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.