Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Season 1 Thoughts

DarthBloodloss
11.14.2013 , 04:51 PM | #11
I do well on my Merc. 75% of the time I am the focus target for the entire match but its not so bad once I got used to it.

My rotation when focused by 3 people: (not an EXACT rotation, but you get the idea)
Knockback, Hydraulic Overrides, Kolto Missile, PvP Adrenal, Kolto Overload, PvP Medpack, Energy Shield, Kolto Missile, Electro Dart (opponent A), Rocket Punch (for root, on opponent B), Kolto Missile, Electro Net (opponent C), Power Surge Rapid Scan, Power Surge Concussion Missile OR Rapid Scan, Kolto Missile.....etc....until death. Most likely the other guy from the other team in a 1v3 died faster than I did.

If you know they are going for you first, play differently and use CDs differently than you normally would. For example, use Kolto Overload 5 or 10 seconds before you even start fighting instead of saving it for when you start to take damage. And maybe use PvP Adrenal right before the initial fighting even begins. (2-3 seconds before, if possible)

I find that when they don't focus me, my cooldowns are huge once the round is 2v2 or 3v3. If I manage to last deep into a round with all my cooldowns available, its a good chance for a win. But its a catch22 because I frequently am forced to use just about everything in the initial 30seconds. In arenas, I am still learning, adjusting tactics, and trying new things every day.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Phrase
11.14.2013 , 07:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Umbradomina View Post
Might this stat be due to Mercs not bothering to run solo ranked? Not only am I personally tired of getting whacked inside of 15s of the first engagement (not matter where/how I position myself), my real issue is my teammate's attitudes... like I want to have that happen. Perhaps other Mercs feel the same way.

Sure, it's a ranked WZ... and I'm fully Conq geared/augmented and about half Obroan. Therefore, I'd say I'm qualified to queue for them. So what is with all the BS from one's group when they know you're going to be focused, and they do nothing to mitigate it?

How do we respectfully remind each other that it's a team effort?

Today I found other stuff to do IRL rather than run solo ranked. Jesus, what does that say about me?
We can go looking for tertiary causes all day, and no doubt we can find some interesting outlying causes for the lack of mercs atop the leaderboard. In fact, frustration is why I've recently shelved my merc, and am eagerly awaiting Galactic Starfighter for my pvp fix. But, I digress.

The root cause of all of the other correlating factors such as: lack of team support, flaming, being a prime focus target, etc. all go back to the fact that mercs are a poorly designed pvp class.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

NathanielStarr
11.15.2013 , 07:17 PM | #13
word is the top merc on the leaderboards is exploiting, so ignore that guy.

cashogy_reborn
11.18.2013 , 07:08 PM | #14
Solo Queue is a complete joke. Its heavily RNG (luck) based. IMO absolutely nothing should be taken from Solo Queue.

As far as team goes, Ive yet to get into a match with a group myself, so cant really offer my opinion there. I would hypothesize tho that with the proper group comp and good teammates, Merc could do pretty well.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

BarronWasteland
11.18.2013 , 08:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
I do well on my Merc. 75% of the time I am the focus target for the entire match but its not so bad once I got used to it.

My rotation when focused by 3 people: (not an EXACT rotation, but you get the idea)
Knockback, Hydraulic Overrides, Kolto Missile, PvP Adrenal, Kolto Overload, PvP Medpack, Energy Shield, Kolto Missile, Electro Dart (opponent A), Rocket Punch (for root, on opponent B), Kolto Missile, Electro Net (opponent C), Power Surge Rapid Scan, Power Surge Concussion Missile OR Rapid Scan, Kolto Missile.....etc....until death. Most likely the other guy from the other team in a 1v3 died faster than I did.

If you know they are going for you first, play differently and use CDs differently than you normally would. For example, use Kolto Overload 5 or 10 seconds before you even start fighting instead of saving it for when you start to take damage. And maybe use PvP Adrenal right before the initial fighting even begins. (2-3 seconds before, if possible)

I find that when they don't focus me, my cooldowns are huge once the round is 2v2 or 3v3. If I manage to last deep into a round with all my cooldowns available, its a good chance for a win. But its a catch22 because I frequently am forced to use just about everything in the initial 30seconds. In arenas, I am still learning, adjusting tactics, and trying new things every day.
I am in a similar boat as you. If I see some LOL smash monkey targeting me I hit him with the electro net right off the bat to shut him down. The next guy near me I try to stun and jet boost him off the ledge or just away from me, then I move away while starting to DPS. This does not always work and many times I die quickly but the 65% of the time I survive the initial onslaught I do well. But after that first round they see the damage I am doing and the next round I get everyone's undivided attention. It makes that initial attack much worse. All in all I do alright, but Merc could use quite a bit of help to put it on par with the other classes.
Barron Wasteland
/__R_e_d___D_r_a_g_o_n___P_l_a_t_o_o_n__\

- The most interesting man in the Universe. -