New Miraluka mask options

I'd have to admit, I would rather have had additional customizations for existing races than a new race.

Especially the nautolans. Of all the races... squidy-heads? Does anyone know why?

Are there some famous nautolans in the books? What makes them so awesome?

Interesting culture, perhaps?

Anyway, I'd like to see a set of new masks that fit in well with the various classes and light/dark alignment.

Edited by Xina_LA

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to admit, I would rather have had additional customizations for existing races than a new race.

Especially the nautolans. Of all the races... squidy-heads? Does anyone know why?

Are there some famous nautolans in the books? What makes them so awesome?

Interesting culture, perhaps?

Anyway, I'd like to see a set of new masks that fit in well with the various classes and light/dark alignment.

They are the #2 most requested race (of those that can be, like as much as players would like to have wookiee as playable, they would have to totally suspend lore to allow it, since wookiee aren't by canon able to speak humanoid tongues) to be added to the game after Cathar. When Cathar were added the nautolan fans went ballistic because "Nobody wants damn catgirls!!!" completely ignoring the polls that Bioware did as to which races to add first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are head armor pieces that override the mask.

Perhaps it would be easier for them to release a bunch of "helmets" that are googles, masks, head wraps, and other such? It would also work for everyone, not just Miraluka.

There are head armor pieces that override the mask.

Perhaps it would be easier for them to release a bunch of "helmets" that are googles, masks, head wraps, and other such? It would also work for everyone, not just Miraluka.

Most of the existing goggle/mask ones do ... odd things when worn by Miraluka, where there's still traces of a mask visible, but it's not the one you normally wear. Head wraps and e.g. Visas Marr's are better behaved because they hide the whole of that part of the head.

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this because it's just nuts that we haven't gotten new masks yet!

Bioware, please make a Miraluka mask pack for purchase in the CM! It could have the simple white bandages look from the race's icon, along with a few more small "sunglasses" types, and also a few more veils in more neutral colors like black, white, and grey. So many people want new masks, so it'd surely sell well!

Yes I've always wanted the white bandage look.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Half way through 2021 we're still hoping for mask options! I'd personally be happy with a nicer cloth option that doesn't look like it was made out of patched together leather and worn crookedly!

https://www.deviantart.com/ceciliagf/art/Miraluka-343137883

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hgdPTa3R5F4/T2w4eNYTzUI/AAAAAAAAAm0/0t6GVLtioyo/s320/Miraluka-Darkness-by-Crypticgrrl.jpg

The first one would be super easy to do since all it would require is a simple rectangular mesh and a blank skin.

• 7 months later...

I support the idea, and hope that this thread will be kept afloat so maybe one day it'll become a reality since I'd really like miraluka in concept, but unfortunately in game it's simply a human with a set of unappealing blindfolds which never blend with any attire, lacking even a basic sash-like blindfold.

I would love to have either a cord-like Jerec's blindfold, or parade maskless like the Tenth Brother. Not only that, but I even weirdly adore this gauche thing, probably due to its simple stupid extravaganza, and I don't really see any of my characters wearing it.

Shamefully I'll attempt a "self" advertising: I made a thread touching this topic in a suggestion box, if anyone's interested

- https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1002754. I don't want that to replace this thread, so I show my support.

• 3 months later...
I support the idea, and hope that this thread will be kept afloat so maybe one day it'll become a reality since I'd really like miraluka in concept, but unfortunately in game it's simply a human with a set of unappealing blindfolds which never blend with any attire, lacking even a basic sash-like blindfold.

I would love to have either a cord-like Jerec's blindfold, or parade maskless like the Tenth Brother. Not only that, but I even weirdly adore this gauche thing, probably due to its simple stupid extravaganza, and I don't really see any of my characters wearing it.

Shamefully I'll attempt a "self" advertising: I made a thread touching this topic in a suggestion box, if anyone's interested

- https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1002754. I don't want that to replace this thread, so I show my support.

Throwing this thread a lifeline. I recently started playing Miraluka and I LOVE the race; just not the masks. Please, for the love of all that is the Force, add more models/options/whatever!