Today's pack chances at good items lower than usual?

Solzean

I am just wondering if anyone feels like the new pack isn't giving out the good items like they used to? In the past I have had pretty good luck so i am not extremely upset. I just opened 24 without a mount or a weapon. Only 1 pet and a couple emotes. The rest was all armor. Curious if anyone else has seen similar results where it seems that the item distribution is different than before?

If it is just me I might consider grabbing another hypercrate.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy fresh packs off the GTN, but I'm going to point out that with your thread title you're(intentionally or not) fishing for people who were less lucky than normal.

No, I actually would like to hear those who got a good amount of drops. Should I change the title to Chances at items different than usual? Curious how you go about asking about something like this without looking like it is phishing. (no sarcsm)

I am just wondering if anyone feels like the new pack isn't giving out the good items like they used to? In the past I have had pretty good luck so i am not extremely upset. I just opened 24 without a mount or a weapon. Only 1 pet and a couple emotes. The rest was all armor. Curious if anyone else has seen similar results where it seems that the item distribution is different than before?

If it is just me I might consider grabbing another hypercrate.

I feel the opposite, I got 2 desslars.

did anyone get a bantha? they are packing more and more garbage filler items diluting the already sparse good drops. how many underwater crap armor drops do I need in 1 hypercrate? I wont be buying any more hypercrates in the future.

I like the Underwater Armor design and am mad I didn't get a full set in the packs I bought.

No Bantha :(

Got a Highland Dewback though... not sure if I'll ride that or sell it. We'll see. Two mounts for me, a bunch of Underwater Armors (2 complete underwater adventurerers sets. Ha ha, Reno!), 3 upper and one supplementary mandalorian armor boxes, complete set of Sogan Surs stuff, Casual Vandal set that's missing the supplementary stuff and able hunter that's missing the upper armor.

Aside from that, bracers, gloves, chest and legs of Juhanis armor, which ist the armor set I wanted to collect anyway. Just need to buy boots and a belt now.

Oh, and the second mount was that Ikas thing.

I want a Banthaaaaa :rak_frown:

Edited by Wylf

No Bantha :(

Got a Highland Dewback though... not sure if I'll ride that or sell it. We'll see. Two mounts for me, a bunch of Underwater Armors (2 complete underwater adventurerers sets. Ha ha, Reno!), 3 upper and one supplementary mandalorian armor boxes, complete set of Sogan Surs stuff, Casual Vandal set that's missing the supplementary stuff and able hunter that's missing the upper armor.

Aside from that, bracers, gloves, chest and legs of Juhanis armor, which ist the armor set I wanted to collect anyway. Just need to buy boots and a belt now.

Oh, and the second mount was that Ikas thing.

I want a Banthaaaaa :rak_frown:

What's that inventory? You have the vandal supplementory? Better not tell Wylf.

I'm disturbed that people actually buy enough packs to notice any perceived different in drop rates from day-to-day

They don't. Packs are a RNG, every time you open a pack you roll the dice once again. It doesn't mean a thing if you got unlucky this time, that's the thing about an RNG - it's mostly random.

Or, to put it in other words, the Bantha could have a 99% dropchance and there would still be people unlucky enough to open dozens of packs without getting one.

They don't. Packs are a RNG, every time you open a pack you roll the dice once again. It doesn't mean a thing if you got unlucky this time, that's the thing about an RNG - it's mostly random.

Or, to put it in other words, the Bantha could have a 99% dropchance and there would still be people unlucky enough to open dozens of packs without getting one.

Yup. We get this type of OP every time a new pack is released with a highly wanted super rare item. It is all the same.

I opened a few packs to see if I could get the Bantha, no luck. The guy right next to me was who started opening packs about the same time, got a Bantha after only 2 packs. Such are the ways of the RNG.

For those of you trying to get a Bantha from a pack, may the RNG be with you.

except that they keep on making obvious filler items and shoving more of them into the mix. it isnt a simple rng check. and considering how much else they have managed to screw up, I have no confidence that the applied the rng properly.

except that they keep on making obvious filler items and shoving more of them into the mix. it isnt a simple rng check. and considering how much else they have managed to screw up, I have no confidence that the applied the rng properly.

And if you had gotten a Bantha you'd be utterly confident in Bioware and the correctness of their RNG.

If I worked for EA and saw the perceived desire for the Bantha mount I would make the chance to get it so minutely small to be a super super super rare to then maximize the sale of more packs.

Make the desirable item drop rate an absolutely minute chance + more rubbish filler per pack = more packs sold = more profit.

Annoying yes, but they are out to make money so I don't blame them. I would expect the upcoming Rancor mount to also be ridiculously hard to get.

Yup. We get this type of OP every time a new pack is released with a highly wanted super rare item. It is all the same.

I opened a few packs to see if I could get the Bantha, no luck. The guy right next to me was who started opening packs about the same time, got a Bantha after only 2 packs. Such are the ways of the RNG.

For those of you trying to get a Bantha from a pack, may the RNG be with you.

Its not just about the bantha. In my guild we collectively opened over 150 packs. Not a single person got a single weapon. There are 6 weapons in the pack? In fact I have asked in fleet all day and not a single person responded that they got a weapon.

I am wondering if they are even in there...

Its not just about the bantha. In my guild we collectively opened over 150 packs. Not a single person got a single weapon. There are 6 weapons in the pack? In fact I have asked in fleet all day and not a single person responded that they got a weapon.

Yeah I saw your posts on Dulfy. I popped the reply that I'd gotten 1 weapon (a double bladed sabre) out of 3 hypercrates. The junk filler on these packs seems to be upped.

I got a lightsaber. But weapon drops are always rather rare, since they share their drop rate with the armor drops. I bought quite a lot of packs since I started playing again and weapons, before mounts, were amongst the rarest things I got.