stacking tanks

kaboll

in a huttball match just now . the other team had 4 guardians and 1 jugg tank . we had 1 tank on out team . can yeah guess who won ? i just came back to game like a month ago and this stuff right here is why i stopped playing last time. if its not tanks maybe its a stealth class or even better a stealth heal class . need to limit amount of tanks on one team in pvp .

obviously you dont share my opinion of tanks in this game no matter how they are geared/ specced .they all have focused defense dont they ? either way you have to kill them multiple times and add a healer to the mix is just ridiculous. if you stack one team with 5 and the other with 1 im pretty sure the outcome of the game 99 % time given equal gear .

if you're a jugg/guard and you spec dps instead of tank how many defensive cooldowns do you lose ? you lose 1 the 40% damage reduction . if you want to dps you shouldnt have the same defensive cooldowns as a tank spec and they do minus 1 . and im not sure how all of them were specced but either way that a lot of defensive cooldowns on one team and in huttball they have too many leaps to even think of winning agaisnt that. if im so wrong then why when you pvp are there so many jugg/gaurd when you que ? i guess most people arent gonna agree with me they want to all play the live forever class no matter spec for tank or dps . you wonder why you dont get a ton of new players or people come back this is why ! i have played this game on and off since 2012 but mostly off because of stuff like this. had my rant guess i will just either take the game as is or leave thx.

You lose a crapload of defensive passives from the tank tree. I'm at work dealing with a minor crisis and unable to spell it out for you, but a dps spec is not a tank.

Are sage dps healers? Are sin dps tanks? By your logic the only dps classes in the game are gunslingers and sentinels.

I venture to say there are a lot of us in the queue because there are a lot of people that like the concept of the single Saber warrior archetype. That's why I main guardian, because I like the obi-wan-esque jedi character.

Edit: also, much as it pains me to say this, you think the spec lives forever, go play one in solo ranked where you will face focus by multiple dps. Its literally the squishiest class right now.

Edited by KendraP

i know what they lose . i have a guardian that i dont play because i dont like the play style. i expect nothing less than a guardian main to defend it. still have more defensive cooldowns than any class period and that in dps spec. givin equal skill and gear guardian is gonna win a 1v1 vs any class. only exception is vs heals and then no one dies most likely. tired of the tank/stealth meta period . ask yourself with nmbers slowly dwindling on players , how long can this game stay alive without any changes ? you like cool keep playing the tank/stealth meta season after season . i cant do it if it stays like this. thx for your time though

givin equal skill and gear guardian is gonna win a 1v1 vs any class.

Have you dueled good players at all? If a jugg pops ED they get no heals from it unless people use single-target attacks while it's up.

All you have to do is either cc the jugg when they pop it, or switch to aoe attacks. They have zero (0) actual heals if facing a smart opponent.

With this numberfarming game that's replaced objective pvp, no one stops attacking anymore when a jugg pops ED, primarily because they want those big ol' damage numbers that dps'ing through ED will fluff up for them.

Play one under any kind of actual focus and come back to me. There's literally another thread where I read advice to someone doing solo ranked and getting kicked. Guess what that advice was? Play something thats not a juggle, because juggies suck so bad they're being kicked.

And heck, with the current scaling, why bother not attacking the guardian during FD in the current regs environment. It's a 30% heal on a good day.

Edited by KendraP

will agree with you on that point most people keep attacking and they end up full health. but bottom line is tank spec shouldnt be anywhere close to dps spec numbers for tank spec and adps spec gaurd should take damage just like lets say a sniper. they dont though and thats wha you see more gurad/juggs than any other class. in the match i was talking about you had 5 on one team ! out of 8 people. 5 of 8 . if that doesnt say something to you idk what else to say.

i know if they are specced dps they are not tanks. you are missing my point though it seems .do they have every defensive cooldown as a tank spec ? yup they do minus 1 . do skank tanks specced for tank in high endur gear and dps gear do close to decent dps in pvp ? yup they do !!!! why play anything besides one of the tank classes or heals then ? they can do it all . just gear em right and gtg. maybe i should have named the tread something different i guess since you seem to think im talking about tanks only. they should limit the amount of any class in pvp to avoid stacking. that better ? imagine a pvp match with all operatives on one team. that would be bs

Dps guardians are literally the crappiest class in the game at the moment.

If you seriously think the only differentiating factor between dps and tank guardians is warding call, you're delusional.

Off the top of my head since I'm still dealing with a nightmare at work:

Riposte and blade storm provide tanks significant passive buffs that are up all the time

Master strike or whatever its called gives a passive buff

Warding strike gives a buff

That is literally off the top of my head. There are plenty more in the tree that I don't happen to know without looking at them

Skanks are a different thing, and I would count them as tanks because they are tank speccced. The question of how much damage they do with dps gear is a legitimate one.

I always find it hilarious when people say jugg dps is op, it's literally the worst dps class in the game right now and if you struggle against a jugg I'm sorry but it's a you problem and not a game problem.

Honestly people should just learn to play their classes properly rather than crying in the forums when they get owned in a warzone by a group of the worst dps class in the game.

And btw tanks and healers are limited in 8v8 regs (to a certain extent) matchmaking tries to put the same amount of healers and tanks on each team but it doesnt take into account when people leave.

Have you dueled good players at all? If a jugg pops ED they get no heals from it unless people use single-target attacks while it's up.

All you have to do is either cc the jugg when they pop it, or switch to aoe attacks. They have zero (0) actual heals if facing a smart opponent.

With this numberfarming game that's replaced objective pvp, no one stops attacking anymore when a jugg pops ED, primarily because they want those big ol' damage numbers that dps'ing through ED will fluff up for them.

You seem to be thinking of reflect. ED stacks will heal from any damage, be it single-target, AoE, or already applied dots. Attacks will not consume ED stacks if they miss, however.

Dps guardians are literally the crappiest class in the game at the moment.

If you seriously think the only differentiating factor between dps and tank guardians is warding call, you're delusional.

Off the top of my head since I'm still dealing with a nightmare at work:

Riposte and blade storm provide tanks significant passive buffs that are up all the time

Master strike or whatever its called gives a passive buff

Warding strike gives a buff

That is literally off the top of my head. There are plenty more in the tree that I don't happen to know without looking at them

Skanks are a different thing, and I would count them as tanks because they are tank speccced. The question of how much damage they do with dps gear is a legitimate one.

my original post is about stacking one class in warzones. you keep trying to make it about dps vs tank spec and we got way off topic . no i dont think the only differentiating factors is guardian warding call . you would make a comment about dps or tank spec i would reply and we got side tracked . some classes are better at certain warzones. guardians/juggs are the best at original huttball not quesh but original . because they have force charge and guardian leap . so if you have 5 jugg/gaurd on one team and only 1 on the other guess who wins ? and it doesnt matter if they are tank or dps spec they all have charge and leap right ? they can literally score in like 30 seconds or less . force charge someone on a upper level and oh lets see 4 seconds of cc immunity to go with it . a few seconds later guardian leap to a teammate . oh look they are more than half way to score in just 2 abilities used . and it doesnt matter in this example dps or tank they have almost same defensives if needed and would be more than enough to score in huttball. i wasnt saying dps guardians were running around killing everyone and they are op. you have never answered the question of is it okay to have 5 of 1 class on a team and say 1 on the other ? you would be okay if you had a match where you were the one and the other team had 5 in huttball and you end up losing 6-0 ?

I always find it hilarious when people say jugg dps is op, it's literally the worst dps class in the game right now and if you struggle against a jugg I'm sorry but it's a you problem and not a game problem.

Honestly people should just learn to play their classes properly rather than crying in the forums when they get owned in a warzone by a group of the worst dps class in the game.

And btw tanks and healers are limited in 8v8 regs (to a certain extent) matchmaking tries to put the same amount of healers and tanks on each team but it doesnt take into account when people leave.

i wasnt saying dps juggs/guard are op at all .we got off topic when he kept talking about differences of dps vs tank . read the very first thing i posted . it says 5 guard/juggs out of 8 people on 1 side vs 1 on our team in huttball . can ya guess who wins and does it really fast ? regardless of spec ? i wouldnt know if dps juggs are the worst class i dont play one . i just know i see jugg/guardian everywhere and in every warzone . maybe some tank some dps . but either way 5 of 1 class on 1 team for a match like huttball is gonna be an almost insta win. it be like lets put 4 dps in arena against 2 dps 1 tank 1 heal . who wins that one ?

Classes are more complex and nuanced than you are saying they are. There SHOULD be differences between a DPS Juggernaut and a Sniper. That's why we have 8 unique classes, each with their own 3 unique disciplines; you weigh the PROS and CONS of each playstyle, and pick what best suits you.

You've already admitted you personally do not play a Guardian/Juggernaut, and do not like the playstyle. Many others do. You need to admit you are clearly biased, as the data does not support your claims. You win some and you lose some. Sometimes harder than others.

Edited by TitusOfTides

I tried asking if they were dps specced to which you replied

obviously you dont share my opinion of tanks in this game no matter how they are geared/ specced

So which is it? All guardians are tanks or class stacking the crappiest dps spec in pvp is OP?

Classes are more complex and nuanced than you are saying they are. There SHOULD be differences between a DPS Juggernaut and a Sniper. That's why we have 8 unique classes, each with their own 3 unique disciplines; you weigh the PROS and CONS of each playstyle, and pick what best suits you.

You've already admitted you personally do not play a Guardian/Juggernaut, and do not like the playstyle. Many others do. You need to admit you are clearly biased, as the data does not support your claims. You win some and you lose some. Sometimes harder than others.

you are trying to take one thing i said in a previous reply and make into something different . when you mention dps jugg and sniper thats not how i meant it. i was saying if you are playing a dps spec your damage mitigation should be the same for all classes period. and if you dont think so you are the one who is biased . and what data doesnt support my claim ? i claimed 5 jugg/guard in huttball makes for a quick loss due to all the force charge guardian leaps and them scoring fast . what claim are you talking about ?

I tried asking if they were dps specced to which you replied

So which is it? All guardians are tanks or class stacking the crappiest dps spec in pvp is OP?

5 guardians in huttball regardless of spec makes for a quick loss due to them having force charge and guardian leap times 5 regardless of spec . as i have already said i dont know how each one is specced in that match . and again im not talking about them killing everyone im talking about them scoring in huttball. you still havent answered if you think its okay to stack one class on a map like huttball ? oh thats okay you still trying to twist it into somethng else and not answer cool .

5 guardians in huttball regardless of spec makes for a quick loss due to them having force charge and guardian leap times 5 regardless of spec . as i have already said i dont know how each one is specced in that match . and again im not talking about them killing everyone im talking about them scoring in huttball. you still havent answered if you think its okay to stack one class on a map like huttball ? oh thats okay you still trying to twist it into somethng else and not answer cool .

I just quoted you back to yourself. But let's review

You claim you have a match of 5 tanks vs 1

I ask for clarification that there were in fact 5 tanks

You go off on how all guardians are tanks

I say not all guardians are tanks and explain that we are the worst dps spec in the game at the moment

You argue with me

When other people decide guardians are squishy you change what your initial point was to suit your fancy

I just quoted you back to yourself. But let's review

You claim you have a match of 5 tanks vs 1

I ask for clarification that there were in fact 5 tanks

You go off on how all guardians are tanks

I say not all guardians are tanks and explain that we are the worst dps spec in the game at the moment

You argue with me

When other people decide guardians are squishy you change what your initial point was to suit your fancy

i told you right off i didnt know how all of them were specced .i never argued all guardians are tanks regardless of specc. you just took what said wrong . my point has always been 5 jugg/guard in huttball makes for a quick loss you just keep wanting to change it to talk about the difference in guarrdians . still havent answered though !!!!!! how many times you not gonna answer ?

i told you right off i didnt know how all of them were specced .i never argued all guardians are tanks regardless of specc. you just took what said wrong . my point has always been 5 jugg/guard in huttball makes for a quick loss you just keep wanting to change it to talk about the difference in guarrdians . still havent answered though !!!!!! how many times you not gonna answer ?

if that is what you were always arguing what was the meaning of this:

obviously you dont share my opinion of tanks in this game no matter how they are geared/ specced

the question I asked to predicate that response was essentially, are you sure they were all tanks?

This response is essentially "it doesn't matter they're all tanks"

And as to why I'm not answering the new question, it's because you refuse to answer my original one.

I am just going to say I did have one noticeable match where it seemed multiple tanks were guard swapping on one another. Thing is, my team was so bad our total dps output was so low, it just seemed to magnify this deficiency though and these guys were seemingly lasting indefinitely they had a good healer on top of them swapping guard so imagine the futility here. So, I can see the frustration if the OP experienced stuff like that, but truth be told if we going to talk about OP'd classes I agree we barking up the wrong tree here.

The stealth classes are ridiculously OP'd right now, particularly Ops. I never like saying "nerf," I am a firm believer in making classes good across the board, raising others up to where the best classes are. The problem is, BW would have to do far too many things for all other class specs to match what Ops are now capable of. One class simply cannot enjoy maximum mobility coupled with stealth and maximum survivability on top of having elite burst and damage output. Both DPS Ops need nerfed. Period.

Kaboll, if juggs and guardians are bothering you this much, can I ask you what is your opinion of assassins and operatives now, particularly the DPS specs? Do you think they are fine, weak, or overtuned? Serious question! I like to read other people's opinions on the classes in PVP just to see how they match up with my experiences and opinion.