Where to find 240 Schematics?

Dbohrius

Are 240 schematics (for anything, really, but mainly armorings, hilts and barrels) ONLY available by defeating NiM level Ops bosses, or do they drop out of PvP / Galactic Command crates once you hit Tier 3?

Also, am I correct in thinking that we can't RE those 240 armorings, barrels and hilts crafted by someone else and sold at the GTN to learn the schematics?

Are 240 schematics (for anything, really, but mainly armorings, hilts and barrels) ONLY available by defeating NiM level Ops bosses, or do they drop out of PvP / Galactic Command crates once you hit Tier 3?

Also, am I correct in thinking that we can't RE those 240 armorings, barrels and hilts crafted by someone else and sold at the GTN to learn the schematics?

240 Schematics come from NIM ops AND crates in tier 3.

And REing someone else's crafted item modification will not get you the schematic.

You should be able to RE the purples 240s you get from set pieces as well.

I know for a fact it works like that for the 230s and 234s because I've done that. It would make sense you can do that with 240 as well. The items that come from set pieces have a 100% chance for a schematic.

Unfortunately, you can't do that with left side pieces. I've gotten the "properly weighted" implants on my biochem and there is no research available when I try to RE them.