Is there any benefit to having Mission skills on your main?

mechrazed

Trying to think through the point of getting Mission skills on your main character rather than on a lower-level alt.

Only thing I can think of is the LS/DS bonuses you can get from Diplomacy. It seems like everything else created by Mission skills is BoE, so it can simply be sent to whatever character you need.

Is anyone aware of BoP items from Mission skills or any talk of having them in the future? Or should I just drop my Mission skills now for a second Gathering?

Trying to think through the point of getting Mission skills on your main character rather than on a lower-level alt.

Only thing I can think of is the LS/DS bonuses you can get from Diplomacy. It seems like everything else created by Mission skills is BoE, so it can simply be sent to whatever character you need.

Is anyone aware of BoP items from Mission skills or any talk of having them in the future? Or should I just drop my Mission skills now for a second Gathering?

if anything missions should only be on your main imo, your main probably has all or at least most of his/her companions which means you can send at least 3 people out to get all this mission blue/purple mats to send to your level 10 crafter alt

The point is that I take one Crafting Skill (lets say Armstech) two Gathering skills (Slicing and Scavenging) on my main to maximize what I can find as I'm leveling.

If I ever need a Blue/Purple crafting Material to make a weapon, I can have Investigation on a level 10 alt and just send their Companion to grab a few of the Blue/Purple mat needed.

Not seeing a downside to this...anyone else?

if anything missions should only be on your main imo, your main probably has all or at least most of his/her companions which means you can send at least 3 people out to get all this mission blue/purple mats to send to your level 10 crafter alt

I guess I'm assuming that at some point (because it was this way in Another Game), all Crafting professions will get BoP items/perks the same way Biochem has that reuseable Medpack/Stim now. So you'd want to have one Crafting prof on your main to get that special item/perk.

Edited by mechrazed

A good example would be having investigation on your main to gather recipes as you lvl to give to future alts (this works a little with Underworld Trading as well).

I don't run a crafting skill right now because I don't feel like managing it really, so I replaced it with a mission skill to maybe find recipes.