Why is there no defense against the force in this game?

adormitul

When you are forced choked can you not force pull and force push and force crush and force lighting? Is the force deactivated?

I would guess that when one use force choke, it overwhelm the person so much..that it push away whatever force powers they have, and they can't push back. Like say, one using a water pistole vs a Wave of the sea. Its push the person, and drown you and lose whatever concentration (+ lack of oxygene, and natural brain reaction , panic..etc) .

Although in Kotor 2, humans no force sensitive learned how to defend against Jedi attack . But it was never brough in this game...in any shape and form .

In the new canon Darth Vader had problems beating an old grey Jedi and I mean old but of course very very fit(full of muscles) in light saber dueling. So Vader thought lets choke you and started choking him but that grey jedi was being choked for an while but then he forced pushed Vader so much that it hurt Darth Vader and got rid of the force choke. Vader did not tried that tactic again.(in that battle I mean he tried it again in another battle by forcing the grey jedi to use the force to stop an damn worth of water and could not defend against Darth Vader force choke)

To bad I could not find an similar tactic in SWTOR canon. In this one once you are forced choked well you are forced choked and you will die unless you can make the force user choker distracted like Bobba Fett did to Darth Vader to escape his hold.

Edited by adormitul

• 7 months later...

Quite a few necro threads recently. We're starved for content!

Anyway, the wannabe writer in me is not quite sure that I like force-choke-through-holo. I think Baras does it too, although to a mook and not a dark council member. It makes you wonder though, why don't any powerful force user not just send minions with holos out on missions? When you're choking someone half a galaxy away, what's to stop you, besides attacking the machinery the makes the holoprojection itself?

Although cool, it seems unnecessarily powerful to have the ability to force choke someone that isn't even within vicinity to you. Pulling-lightsabers-from-anywhere-in-the-galaxy powerful.

Well, if we limit ourselves to cutscenes then we have a few examples off the top of my head.

On Imperial Belsavis, FU chars can resist the Dread Master's fear attack

SI resists Thanaton's initial force attack of unknown type (presumably Force Kill). Overwhelmed shortly thereafter

SI final battle with Thanaton, deflects Thanaton's lightning, followed shortly by tanking his last ditch Force Storm