Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.

If they are sensible CE would get both.

The 1000 cartel coins that DD doesn't even get half of isn't enough for you?

Dont forget all the promises of new items to be added to CE store that never eventuated.

Meh i'm seriously over BW/EA couldnt care less what they do now, making an in game store the focus of the games future is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

The 1000 cartel coins that DD doesn't even get half of isn't enough for you?

Making you feel special for buying CE then spitting in you're face because of crying DD edition demanding it then they give in to them and go we will make you something unique, and prob not give it CE members either... i payed £130 comapired to like £60 of the DD.

Making you feel special for buying CE then spitting in you're face because of crying DD edition demanding it then they give in to them and go we will make you something unique, and prob not give it CE members either... i payed £130 comapired to like £60 of the DD.

Nobody is spitting in anyone's face. Hyperbole, much?

Honestly, CE members don't really deserve something EXTRA when the game goes F2P - you already got what you paid for. Same holds true for DD members - they don't really deserve something EXTRA.

That said - if BW is giving something special to CE when the game goes F2P, then the DD should get something special as well. Doesn't have to be the same thing, but should be something nice.

Really, at this stage, why does anyone even CARE what other people from other paying tiers get when the game switches over? As long as subscribers get free stuff that F2Players have to pay for, we should all be happy.

There really is no face-spitting, face-slapping or other egregious facial injuries at play here.

Just wanted to clarify that the exact phrasing I used was "we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe player".

Thanks for clarifying something. On that note, maybe pass this on to the big wigs.

Cut the foreplay and save the headache and ill will. Tier out the compensation.

CE gets all the items and the 1000 cc

DE gets all the items and half the cc

SE gets some sort of item(s) and a quarter of the cc

No, it won't please everyone, but it's the most common sense thing to do.

And for gods sake stop selling the bloody game to people. Make the trial only require the sub to continue playing until f2p launches. Then just don't give anyone that subs after today's date, extra cc for box purchase.

Just wanted to clarify that the exact phrasing I used was "we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe player".

I don't get it, are we playing word games now?

Note: I love word game!.....but I still don't get it.

Honestly, CE members don't really deserve something EXTRA when the game goes F2P - you already got what you paid for. Same holds true for DD members - they don't really deserve something EXTRA.

That said - if BW is giving something special to CE when the game goes F2P, then the DD should get something special as well. Doesn't have to be the same thing, but should be something nice.

Really, at this stage, why does anyone even CARE what other people from other paying tiers get when the game switches over? As long as subscribers get free stuff that F2Players have to pay for, we should all be happy.

There really is no face-spitting, face-slapping or other egregious facial injuries at play here.

This.

As a DD myself, I don't care if I get the banner. DD should get half the cartel coins CE get, so 500 for being DD. Then CE get their banner, 1000 coins, DD get 500 coins, everyone is happy.

Why is it that every time they decide to give something the the CE players, the DD players have to moan and groan about it??

Bioware is perfectly allowed to give stuff to the people that paid the most for their game.. We paid almost double what the the DDE player paid for the game..

If you want all these little perks then you should have got the CE.. Simple as that.. Next time, pay the extra money and get the CE..

There is a reason that a $60k car comes with more features and benefits than a $20k car.. If you want those features and benefits.. You have to buy the more expensive car.. That is how things work.. You get what you pay for..

Not much else to add..

Edited by MajikMyst

Dude you paid for what you got. You paid for the game, for the in-game items and for the physical vanities. That's what they said they'd give you and that's what they did. You have no right to demand anything else from them as far as the CE goes. You got what you paid for. You got what it said on the label. And now you complain. How dare you? They are giving you free items they never ever said that you will ever received and you greedy bastard want more. Be happy they even give you anything. You aren't entitled to anything, what they are doing is a privilege. How can you not understand that? By the way, if you think i'm a DDO owner, you are wrong. I'm a CE owner like you, the only difference is I have respect for other people, no matter their virtual "rank", for a lack of a better word.

Honestly, CE members don't really deserve something EXTRA when the game goes F2P - you already got what you paid for. Same holds true for DD members - they don't really deserve something EXTRA..

I have to disagree.. Bioware has never been allowed to do something special for the CE people without the DDE people crying foul..

Originaly the CE store was to be special.. But people moaned about that in the beta and wanted their own vendor.. The VIP area was to be CE only and the rest had to buy the bracelette for a million credits.. They moaned about that and got it too, again in the beta.. Anytime Bioware tries to give something nice to the CE people, the complaints start..

We paid almost double for our copy of the game.. We do deserve more.. It goes with paying more.. :cool:

Edited by MajikMyst

Your exact phrasing is poor and does not clarify any of these peoples concerns.

Actually the phrasing is perfect.. The DDE people will get something it just won't be what the CE people get.. I don't see an issue with that.. If people wanted the CE perks they should have bought the CE..

This post illustrates a lot of what's wrong with this game's community.

Edited by Kubernetic

Dude you paid for what you got. You paid for the game, for the in-game items and for the physical vanities. That's what they said they'd give you and that's what they did. You have no right to demand anything else from them as far as the CE goes. You got what you paid for. You got what it said on the label. And now you complain. How dare you? They are giving you free items they never ever said that you will ever received and you greedy bastard want more. Be happy they even give you anything. You aren't entitled to anything, what they are doing is a privilege. How can you not understand that? By the way, if you think i'm a DDO owner, you are wrong. I'm a CE owner like you, the only difference is I have respect for other people, no matter their virtual "rank", for a lack of a better word.

I think part of the problem is very few people feel they've gotten what they paid for up until this point. I tend to agree with them. It seems so simple to me that any sort of handouts would be tiered. The problem is EA/BW is trying to, I dunno exactly, save money? Anytime your giving anything to one portion of the player pop it should tier downwards. They often seem to skip that for some reason, and just arbitrarily give out gifts and rewards without any real discernible pattern aside from, they didn't really think it out.

Actually the phrasing is perfect.. The DDE people will get something it just won't be what the CE people get.. I don't see an issue with that.. If people wanted the CE perks they should have bought the CE..

Nope It does not clarify if the CE folks will receive the same item. If it is some sort of DDE specific item, then your in for a giant outcry from the CE folks who paid 3x what the DDE folks did.

And the mod did not clarify as to what the people asked or if they did, they did it in a veiled way that left many wondering.

If they think giving a dde specific item to the DDE folks and excluding the CE folks is proper, lookout, I'll just call Redwood city and start yapping to people I know. And the cards can fall where they may.

Edited by Dein_Cathair