Romance Help?

JamagsAwesome

I recently got the game, but haven't started playing yet. I was coming up with characters to create, and I started to think about romance options. I had read about people not being able to turn back after the initial [flirt]. I was wondering: which romance storylines would you recommend doing? Eventually, I intend to have a male and a female in every class, so any and all advice is helpful. Thanks! :)

Jedi Knight Male: Kira Carsen (Only option for male).

Jedi Knight Female: Doc, (Only option for female)

Trooper Male: Elara Dorne (Only option for male) (DAT ACCENT)

Trooper Female: Aric Jorgan (Only option for female).

Trooper Male non-companion: Jaxo (not really a romance)

Smuggler Male: Risha, Akaavi. (Went with Risha as she was the perfect partner for a Smuggler)

Smuggler Female: Corso Riggs (Only option for female)

Jedi Consular Male: Nadia (Only option for male)

Jedi Consular Female: Iresso (Only option for female)

Republic Makeb: Lemda (not really a romance)

(Imperial is incomplete)

Sith Warrior Male: Vette (Light side), Jaesa (Dark Side) (Prefer Vette as DS Jaesa is too sadistic)

Sith Warrior Female: Quinn, Pierce.

Sith Inquisitor: Haven't played yet.

Bounty Hunter Male: Mako (Only option for male)

Imperial Agent Male: Ensign Temple, Kaliyo. (Went with Temple as I disliked Kaliyo)

Imperial Makeb: Cytharat (not really a romance)

Overall, all the romance arcs are great. I honestly prefer Republic Elara Dorne and Kira with Vette Sith Warrior as second. You ALWAYS have an option to opt-out halfway through the romance story for every romance.

Edited by Idunhavaname

For most of the classes, there's only 1 companion romance to have per gender. Exeptions are male smuggler (Risha/Akaavi), Male warrior (Jaesa/Vette) and male agent (Kaliyo/Temple). Also, there are a few (Tharan & Pierce at least) that you can have a little romance with, but they are not as big romances as with the other romance option. So they are not many choices to be made if you are going to have a female and a male to every class.

Opt out? Wha? I've heard lots of complaining from people that there aren't ways to stop the romance, and that even if you shoot them down everytime after the flirt that triggers the romance path you still end up with them gushing about your upcoming nuptials and imminent children.

I haven't played any of them through, so I wouldn't know for sure, but this surprises me that obvious end romance cues have been missed.

There are moments in every romance where you can say "No, this is going too far," and you will get massive disapproval and the romance will end. You also have the option to not marry your romance, although by that point you're already sort of locked in.

Ending a romance is the most clear for the Jedi. Since having a real, loving relationship is dangerous according to the order, engaging in one gives you DS points. Ending a romance gives you LS points.

For Sith Inquisitors:

Andronikus Revel- only female romance.

Ashara Zavros- only male romance.