Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

Holden_Dissent
02.07.2012 , 09:26 AM | #351
So glad I don't have to do any of this. All I had to do was build a mediocre computer 4 years ago.

Doby_of_Naritus
02.07.2012 , 06:08 PM | #352
Awesome.

ElvinMistress
02.07.2012 , 11:24 PM | #353
Quote:
Carousel_t

Today , 06:12 AM

This topic is bollocks, as windows 7 has a way of prioritizing your fullscreen aplications to almost 100%, all your windows functions are suspended as soon as you enter the game in fullscreen. YOU MAY get 1-2 fps more without basic functions like indexing BUT that will cause severe system problems.

raging imp is a Rakata! See my sig for reference :>
Are you suggesting the Windows Direct X API manages your systems resources/drivers/applications in fullscreen modes ?! ......... 0.o

If so how then am I able to run a server and client in fullscreen mode without windows disabling (suspending) the processes needed for the server ?
Yours Truly ,
ElvinMistress

renegadeimp
02.08.2012 , 10:37 AM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by ElvinMistress View Post
Are you suggesting the Windows Direct X API manages your systems resources/drivers/applications in fullscreen modes ?! ......... 0.o

If so how then am I able to run a server and client in fullscreen mode without windows disabling (suspending) the processes needed to for the server ?
It's always fun when people come along that don't know anything about increasing system performance

It's even more fun when others come in and explain in detail why theyre wrong
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

ElvinMistress
02.11.2012 , 12:42 PM | #355
That is how to feed a troll , prove me right or prove me wrong .
Either response will support the validity of this thread .
Yours Truly ,
ElvinMistress

Zyanzor
02.11.2012 , 12:57 PM | #356
great guide but it scares me when i download a program and the programmers cant spell.....
Nothing to see here....move along...

ElvinMistress
02.11.2012 , 02:48 PM | #357
Quote:
Zyanzor

Today , 12:57 PM
great guide but it scares me when i download a program and the programmers cant spell.....
Programmers do not need to spell properly , they have their own language !!!!
Yours Truly ,
ElvinMistress

Romiz
02.11.2012 , 03:07 PM | #358
Also if you have a system with less than 4 gigs of system memory use ReadyBoost (Win7 only Vista's ReadyBoost is pointless).

One good USB drive for this is OCZ Rally2 Dual Channel 16 GB, part number OCZUSBR2DC-16GB. The Dual channel is the key and allows 33 mb/s read and 15 mb/s write. Do watch the prices of some sites. This item only cost $30 tops and 32 GB is about $70. Seen a few scams on Amazon selling them for the price of a SSD.

renegadeimp
02.12.2012 , 04:14 AM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
Also if you have a system with less than 4 gigs of system memory use ReadyBoost (Win7 only Vista's ReadyBoost is pointless).

One good USB drive for this is OCZ Rally2 Dual Channel 16 GB, part number OCZUSBR2DC-16GB. The Dual channel is the key and allows 33 mb/s read and 15 mb/s write. Do watch the prices of some sites. This item only cost $30 tops and 32 GB is about $70. Seen a few scams on Amazon selling them for the price of a SSD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost

It's more of a HDD cache them RAM.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Txangki
02.18.2012 , 04:01 AM | #360
ReadyBoost works wonders for texture quality on my machine. With 4gb of solid state cache, everything is crisp and detailed as soon as it's in view. Previously I was getting texture 'pop-in' and in some situations the high-quality versions of textures weren't being loaded in at all.