Im a Twilek but my ancestor looks human?

Jujjan

Like the topic says.

I met the man who appears to be an old ancestor to me.

Im the flesh of his flesh.

Is this possible that he or some1 after him had kids with a Twilek and i poped up?

Actually im laughing each time i see my old , grandfather or whatever he is =)

The EU used to maintain that humans and Twi'leks could not interbreed (Republic Commando: True Colors), but The Clone Wars CGI series ended that by featuring a human/Twi'lek family in one episode.

I think what SW has leaned towards is that while interspecies breeding can happen, it is a horrendously rare, one-in-a-billion thing. So far off into the realm of improbable that it's considered impossible, but occasionally an outlier appears.

By no means Trek levels of everything being able to have kids with another species, but not completely unheard of. I'd imagine that most children of mixed species unions are themselves barren and incapable of passing on a hybrid bloodline. With, again, the occasional extremely rare individual that completely beats the odds.

The EU used to maintain that humans and Twi'leks could not interbreed (Republic Commando: True Colors), but The Clone Wars CGI series ended that by featuring a human/Twi'lek family in one episode.

Not at all. A clone did marry a twi'lek woman who already had children, that's all. It was not his children. The encyclopedias and books (also in the X-Wings serie where Nawara the twi'lek marries Rysathi the human, and cannot have children and have to adopt) say everywhere that twi'lek CANNOT breed with humans.

The only species who could breed with humans are: Chiss, Zeltron, Miraluka, and that's all I think. The most human-looking ones.

Not at all. A clone did marry a twi'lek woman who already had children, that's all. It was not his children. The encyclopedias and books (also in the X-Wings serie where Nawara the twi'lek marries Rysathi the human, and cannot have children and have to adopt) say everywhere that twi'lek CANNOT breed with humans.

The only species who could breed with humans are: Chiss, Zeltron, Miraluka, and that's all I think. The most human-looking ones.

And Sith, apparently :p

I think the Selphi can also breed with humans. I know event that the OP is talking about. I too was a Twi'lek Inquisitor. I deleted my character after that. It just didn't make any sense.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid

Read this article it details what humans can and can't produce offspring with. The possibility of offspring between Human's and Twi'lek's is debatable because the Republic Commando novels say it isn't possible but like many other canon things The Clone Wars series ignored it and showed hybrids.

Edited by usmarshal

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid

Read this article it details what humans can and can't produce offspring with. The possibility of offspring between Human's and Twi'lek's is debatable because the Republic Commando novels say it isn't possible but like many other canon things The Clone Wars series ignored it and showed hybrids.

They don't even talk about the Chiss, so I don't think this article is really true. I added myself the Chiss to the list and also the source of the "X-Wing serie of books" by Aaron Allston, where they clearly say that Twi'leks and Humans cannot interbreed at all.

Imagine if Twi'leks and humans could have Hybrids? there would be Hybrids everywhere in the galaxy. Monsters with half tentacules on the head, etc... it's just not credible at all.

The serie Clone Wars 3D did a LOT of nonsense things that contradicts even the movies. They even said that Mandalorians were pacifists and had a queen... -_-

Edited by Evolvana

They don't even talk about the Chiss, so I don't think this article is really true. I added myself the Chiss to the list and also the source of the "X-Wing serie of books" by Aaron Allston, where they clearly say that Twi'leks and Humans cannot interbreed at all.

Imagine if Twi'leks and humans could have Hybrids? there would be Hybrids everywhere in the galaxy. Monsters with half tentacules on the head, etc... it's just not credible at all.

The serie Clone Wars 3D did a LOT of nonsense things that contradicts even the movies. They even said that Mandalorians were pacifists and had a queen... -_-

Someone needs to go back to school and learn about Dominant and recessive traits, yes some traits do hybridise but for many traits its a one or the other thing.

• 6 months later...
Like the topic says.

Is this possible that he or some1 after him had kids with a Twilek and i poped up?

Well... Sith Alchemy allowed for Human/Sith hybrids that could breed, so why couldn't the same be done for Human/Twilek couples?

The only way a human can breed with a Twi is that one, if not both, have to through geneetic alteration so that they are compatible. If they could do so naturally then there would be many, many more Twi/human hybrids running around. The Clone Wars tv series does not mention who the father of Ruu's (the female Twi in the episode) children is or explain how they were able to mate.

Or we could go the boring route and just say that this "problem" either recieved such a low priority that it wasnt deemed worth the trouble of fixing, or that it was never discovered at all. Or even that the designer who came up with the thing, simply forgot to notify the art department that they needed to create multiple species variants of said ancestor.

The only way a human can breed with a Twi is that one, if not both, have to through geneetic alteration so that they are compatible. If they could do so naturally then there would be many, many more Twi/human hybrids running around. The Clone Wars tv series does not mention who the father of Ruu's (the female Twi in the episode) children is or explain how they were able to mate.

The clone wars werent on for long enough for the children to be his

As far as I know, Humans and original Sith could interbreed only with the help of Sith Alchemy - perhaps it could be used for Twi'leks, as well.

Don't worry, the peace loving mandalorian get overthrown by the death watch which replaces with KILLING. MORE KILLING PEOPLE!!!!, AND BOBA FETT B*TCHES!!!

Yes, please. Eff Karen Traviss and here heresies.

Edited by Helig

The reason that Kallig looks "human" is because the helmet he is wearing cuts of Lekku. You get it at a later point and from what I have heard you look identical to him when you wear it as a Twilek. So if you are Twilek, he is one also you just can't tell because he has a really fancy helmet that he used to hide his non-human nature because he was dealing with Sith who were convinced in the superiority of Sith Purebloods and Humans over non-humans.

The reason that Kallig looks "human" is because the helmet he is wearing cuts of Lekku. You get it at a later point and from what I have heard you look identical to him when you wear it as a Twilek. So if you are Twilek, he is one also you just can't tell because he has a really fancy helmet that he used to hide his non-human nature because he was dealing with Sith who were convinced in the superiority of Sith Purebloods and Humans over non-humans.

Inflatable Lekku ftw. They could have at least given him a hood with a cloak...

Edited by Helig

If you were to read lore like I did you would know that those mandalorians were in lore before the show came out. The queen was a mandalorian that brought up to the attention that the constant wars the mandalorians had was doing nothing good, it was hurting their own people to ways that I think Canderous Oro or Mandalore the Ultimate would pause at the thought. If you actually watched the show, you would see that it was a more recent thing and there was even a split between the mandalorians. There were mandalorians that refused peace and wanted to continue with their battles. It's a key plot component in the related episodes.

If you were to read lore like I did you would know that those mandalorians were in lore before the show came out. The queen was a mandalorian that brought up to the attention that the constant wars the mandalorians had was doing nothing good, it was hurting their own people to ways that I think Canderous Oro or Mandalore the Ultimate would pause at the thought. If you actually watched the show, you would see that it was a more recent thing and there was even a split between the mandalorians. There were mandalorians that refused peace and wanted to continue with their battles. It's a key plot component in the related episodes.

apparently, accordiing to the essental guide to warfare that was recently released the Jedi attacked and slagged Mandalore (without provocation) directly after the rusan reformation. The queen and her ilk are mearly the desendants of the puppet government the republic set up on Mandalore.

Like the topic says.

That's extremely possible. Twileks and humans are capable of producing kids together... although some of the other race choices in this game are not, so who knows? It makes little sense from a story perspective. I think the story expects you to be human.

That's extremely possible. Twileks and humans are capable of producing kids together...

Uh.... no they're not.

In the case of a Twi'lek Inquisitor, just remember one thing. Sith Alchemy.

It worked for the exiled Dark Jedi who interbred with the Sith species, and is responsible for the creation of various monsters and abominations.

Uh.... no they're not.

In the case of a Twi'lek Inquisitor, just remember one thing. Sith Alchemy.

It worked for the exiled Dark Jedi who interbred with the Sith species, and is responsible for the creation of various monsters and abominations.

Its been canonised that they now can, however it might require some genetic engineering to do so. from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi%27lek behiend the scenes.

Personally my head-canon has them able to interbreed normally, with more of the twi'lek traits being dominant which explains why we don't see many hybrids, it also explains why Boc Aseca (from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight) has body hair.