Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Now that we have a PVP and RP strongholds, give us a PVE stronghold!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Now that we have a PVP and RP strongholds, give us a PVE stronghold!

themarcthree
07.07.2018 , 10:03 AM | #1
What my friend and I imagine a PVE StrongHold to require:
A room that you can simulate boss fights from operations/flashpoints/uprisings and their surrounding area (To help people learn mechanics of fights). We would be able to go to a terminal and select what type of boss we want (Operation/Flashpoint/Uprising) and then which operations/flashpoint/uprising we want and then the boss.

Or

Maybe one room for Operations, another for Flashpoints, and another for Uprisings.

Another room for with a training dummy (like the Rishi Stronghold Carrier Dummy) to help people learn mechanics.
GLORY FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!
#EbonHawk4Life
#GIVE US A PVE STRONGHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DuchessKristania
07.09.2018 , 05:31 PM | #2
To be honest, I think they need to just include all these options in every stronghold and stop with the gimmicky stuff. The problem with having strongholds targeted toward a certain group is that it pigeon holes that stronghold and there aren't multiple types on each planet. For instance, people really wanted Rishi, now we have it, but it's geared toward PvP and not particularly well suited to RP decorators who prefer to make homes. It's disappointed a lot of the players who requested it for years. They could have incorporated a building for people to make a home and maintained the pirate feel. Raider's Cove has a cantina that would have been a perfect compromise.

They should just include quality elements for everyone in every stronghold. Imagine if they made Alderaan and only included the Killik warrens. It would be the same cry that Obi Wan heard in A New Hope.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

themarcthree
07.09.2018 , 09:26 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
To be honest, I think they need to just include all these options in every stronghold and stop with the gimmicky stuff. The problem with having strongholds targeted toward a certain group is that it pigeon holes that stronghold and there aren't multiple types on each planet. For instance, people really wanted Rishi, now we have it, but it's geared toward PvP and not particularly well suited to RP decorators who prefer to make homes. It's disappointed a lot of the players who requested it for years. They could have incorporated a building for people to make a home and maintained the pirate feel. Raider's Cove has a cantina that would have been a perfect compromise.

They should just include quality elements for everyone in every stronghold. Imagine if they made Alderaan and only included the Killik warrens. It would be the same cry that Obi Wan heard in A New Hope.
Agreed
GLORY FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!
#EbonHawk4Life
#GIVE US A PVE STRONGHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DuchessKristania
07.11.2018 , 02:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by themarcthree View Post
Agreed
I can see how complicated it can be from a developer perspective though.
#SaveSWTOR

IoNonSoEVero
07.11.2018 , 06:28 PM | #5

ITA. That's a good analogy, too.

Lunafox
07.12.2018 , 03:37 AM | #6
The problem with having strongholds targeted toward a certain group is that it pigeon holes that stronghold and there aren't multiple types on each planet. For instance, people really wanted Rishi, now we have it, but it's geared toward PvP and not particularly well suited to RP decorators who prefer to make homes. It's disappointed a lot of the players who requested it for years. They could have incorporated a building for people to make a home and maintained the pirate feel. Raider's Cove has a cantina that would have been a perfect compromise.

This, totally.

Sarova
07.13.2018 , 02:02 PM | #7

Summed up for me! Especially your reference as to why the Rishi stronghold is such a disappointment. I spent millions acquiring shiny new decorations for it, as well as lifting all my decorations from Manaan, Umbara and Tatooine. On the bright side my Nar Shaddaa and Kass City strongholds both just got nicely redecorated
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

DuchessKristania
07.18.2018 , 09:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Summed up for me! Especially your reference as to why the Rishi stronghold is such a disappointment. I spent millions acquiring shiny new decorations for it, as well as lifting all my decorations from Manaan, Umbara and Tatooine. On the bright side my Nar Shaddaa and Kass City strongholds both just got nicely redecorated
I'm still fighting for that building to be added to the Rishi SH. I'm making a downright nuisance of myself on the PTS forum. I want this addressed. Honestly, there is no good reason for them to leave it out. We're talking a copy paste job and it takes nothing from the PvP element. It literally gives something to everyone. Feel free to join me in obnoxious campaigning on the PTS forum, lol.
#SaveSWTOR