Rakghoul Overlord on Taris

MikeTheDuke

Being the completionist I am, I am looking for getting my achievements. This means all of them, there is one though that is part of the Liberator of Taris achievement "Defeat 3 unique opponents of champion difficulty.

Jiinan E'ron, Erlos Du'Ram and this Rakghoul Overlord.

I know people have killed it, so I am curious to know where it is located, that is all. Please. I have tried searching the internet for it and there is nothing on there other than references to the NPC but nothing else.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not on the other factions planet is it.

Its listed as a Republic achievement... Liberator of Taris (Republic). But these things have gone wrong before.

I thought I found a forum thread where someone mentions it last night and thought it was a Jedi Consular thread talking about soloing it but my memory might be broken cause I can't find it anymore using google.

There's more than enough of the Achievements bugged at the moment. Some simply given wrong details, some requiring wrong things and others.. well let's just say they might as well be for a different game because they sure as hell aren't on this one.

Though, I wish you good luck with your completion :D

I believe I saw it in the Rakghoul Warren, the place where you do the quest to get the camera during the Taris Bonus Series....well, the following quest, that leads you into the warren, you know there are 2 steps leading down, one is to do the final stage of the bonus quest, the other leads down to where the overlord is, I never attempt to kill it.

Its a big *** rakghoul, it will be hard to miss.

Edited by JamieKirby

We I am currently standing in the Abandoned Power Station, in the location where I believe it is said, I have had a couple of friends wait there for an hour or so then myself about this same, to no avail. The other Rakghouls have respawned several times over, but this Champion, Rakghoul Overlord has not shown.

My coordinates are X: 1007 Y: 1063 Z: -187. Is this about the right spot.

We I am currently standing in the Abandoned Power Station, in the location where I believe it is said, I have had a couple of friends wait there for an hour or so then myself about this same, to no avail. The other Rakghouls have respawned several times over, but this Champion, Rakghoul Overlord has not shown.

My coordinates are X: 1007 Y: 1063 Z: -187. Is this about the right spot.

Yeah I checked out the spot I thought he was referring to, the other room where you don't get that last tusk/bone for the bonus quest stage 3. I did not see the overlord either.

Got him.

For people who don't remember exactly, here is the Power Plant location: Abandoned Power Plant

Here is almost exactly where he spawns if you're looking at the power plant map: Inside Power Plant

Here is what you'll see most of the time because his spawn timer is ridiculous:Spawn Location

And this is what the beastie looks like: Rakghoul Overlord

As stated largely and in bold, his spawn timer is crazy. We probably waited 2-3 hours last night and nada. I just logged in today to check. Had to switch instances to find him.

Good hunting!

Got him.

For people who don't remember exactly, here is the Power Plant location: Abandoned Power Plant

Here is almost exactly where he spawns if you're looking at the power plant map: Inside Power Plant

Here is what you'll see most of the time because his spawn timer is ridiculous:Spawn Location

As stated largely and in bold, his spawn timer is crazy. We probably waited 2-3 hours last night and nada. I just logged in today to check. Had to switch instances to find him.

Good hunting!

Ow ye, you know it, i called it. see this finger, tssssssss. Smokin

:p just kidding, im just glad my stab in the dark directed people to look there.

Edited by Shingara

Got him.

Good hunting!

This was very helpful, you're awesome!

I believe I saw it in the Rakghoul Warren, the place where you do the quest to get the camera during the Taris Bonus Series....well, the following quest, that leads you into the warren, you know there are 2 steps leading down, one is to do the final stage of the bonus quest, the other leads down to where the overlord is, I never attempt to kill it.

Its a big *** rakghoul, it will be hard to miss.

Got him.

Good hunting!

Thanks to you two, this info helped...

Yeah... spent the last 2 days on Taris and no sign of this guy.

Sad part: I've killed him at least 3 times that I remember in the past before the achievement system. Now he doesn't spawn and my past kills don't count.

Please fix his spawn rate Bioware. Standing around for hours waiting for a monster to spawn is not fun. :(

After camping this for hours and hours and placing one of my high levels there to check on it many times throughout the day, this is what eventually worked for me....

Server shut down for the last patch. When it came back up, logged on my toon camping the site and he was there.

I don't know if the server shutting down for the patch reset it or what, all I know is that is what worked for me. I would suggest not worrying about it too much and try this approach so you don't waste a lot of time like I did.

Edited by Ninja_Amnesty

I don't know why they can just make the timers on the roaming champions the same. Between the increased populations and the achievements, some are just way too long.

Camping for a WB all day is one thing. I don't like it, but I can understand how they might think it's necessary. But these lesser champs that most people can solo at level really shouldn't be that long.

So where is this Jedi? I've never seen him.

If he's spawned, he'll be guarding the datacron in the area with the two heroic 2+ missions. He's ganked me a couple times while I merrily skipped around the corner to pick up my 'cron. For the level range, he's actually kind of a beast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yeah... spent the last 2 days on Taris and no sign of this guy.

Sad part: I've killed him at least 3 times that I remember in the past before the achievement system. Now he doesn't spawn and my past kills don't count.

Please fix his spawn rate Bioware. Standing around for hours waiting for a monster to spawn is not fun. :(

Finally got him!

Logged out yesterday in front of his spawn spot. (He wasn't there.)

Logged in this morning at about 09:30 GMT. Still not there. Checked and only one instance of Taris was up. Waited and waited. At about 11:45 GMT a new instance of Taris was spawned (the current instance was at 116 players when I noticed the new instance). Switched to instance (2). He was there! Killed him. Dinged the achievement! Did a happy dance and logged out.

It is confirmed. He must only spawn once per server reset/instance "creation". The trick was waiting at his spawn spot until a new instance is created for Taris and then switching to that instance to catch him.

Hope that helps others waiting/wanting to kill him.

Good luck!