Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cyrusramsey's Avatar


cyrusramsey
10.05.2017 , 03:57 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
You DO realise that urban dictionary is very well known for giving sexual meanings to quite literally EVERY PHRASE? And they are usually incredibly graphic. And occasionally hilarious xD
Okay.. let's check the different server names on urban dictionary!


- There aren't any definitions for satele shan yet.

- Darth Malgus was a Human male Sith Lord of the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War.

- There aren't any definitions for tulak hord yet.

- The Star Forge is an immensley powerful space station built by an ancient race 5000 years before the Republic existed.

- Leviathan was a large whale-like sea creature, who may have had 7 heads according to some legends.

- any potential girl you want to get with or date
- Any young girl that you think will be hot when she gets older
- A person that you are interested in and who may have potential for resipricating that interest

AscendingSky's Avatar


AscendingSky
10.05.2017 , 03:57 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
Uh, shouldn't you ask yourself that question? Because you're still here?
Don't let him get you down. That's the infamous Tracer Missile Guy you've been conversing with. You know, the person who has been complaining for over five years about wanting the original Tracer Missile animation back, and has declared he doesn't play anymore and only pays a sub so he can troll people on the forums and keep petitioning for the 5 year old animation to be changed back?

He's just arguing for the sake of arguing, to try to get under other people's skin. Ignore him and your forum life will be much happier!
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.05.2017 , 04:02 AM | #173
Hopefully Eric earned a demerit for his original suggestion.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

thirtydollars's Avatar


thirtydollars
10.05.2017 , 04:17 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
Don't let him get you down. That's the infamous Tracer Missile Guy you've been conversing with. You know, the person who has been complaining for over five years about wanting the original Tracer Missile animation back, and has declared he doesn't play anymore and only pays a sub so he can troll people on the forums and keep petitioning for the 5 year old animation to be changed back?

He's just arguing for the sake of arguing, to try to get under other people's skin. Ignore him and your forum life will be much happier!
Quite possibly I just hate people who complain over stupid crap and end up getting game changes that affect people who might not have wanted those changes.

You know, like getting the Tracer Missile animation changed.

But who cares right? Who cares if someone wanted to play the game it was originally designed to be? Who cares if the only reason I even started playing this game in the first place was for that animation? You don't want to have to bend over. Gotta fix that asap. Forget the lack of end-game content at the time. You don't want to have to bend over.

Who cares that my enjoyment of the game has being completely destroyed? You don't want to have to bend over.

AscendingSky's Avatar


AscendingSky
10.05.2017 , 04:27 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
Hopefully Eric earned a demerit for his original suggestion.
Yeah, I find it an ironic and humorous mea culpa on his part to have to make this announcement post, after he had so proudly informed everyone on the livestream that he was primarily responsible for 'Hot Prospect' becoming a server name in the first place. Why? Because he found it funny, not because it was some super serious Star Wars reference. Because it was a joke at the player base's expense.

He also informed us that it was impossible to change the server name, that it was locked in... We see how big a lie that was now.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Glzmo's Avatar


Glzmo
10.05.2017 , 04:50 AM | #176
I wish the new server names were more faction/side of the Force neutral. Way too many dark side names. I'd have liked to see something like Lightsaber, The Force, Beskar'gam, etc. instead of Sith/Jedi names. Or if it has to be names, things like Revan (without the Darth title), Meetra Surik or Jedi Exile, etc. that can be seen as neutral (depending on how you played the KOTORs) would have been better. I just hope the dark names won't inspire even more people to play the Empire on servers where player count is lopsided towards the Imperial side as it is (and also vice-versa for light names). I guess it is what it is, I just hope it doesn't affect things negatively.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.05.2017 , 04:55 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
You DO realise that urban dictionary is very well known for giving sexual meanings to quite literally EVERY PHRASE? And they are usually incredibly graphic. And occasionally hilarious xD
What's even more stupid is that it only has 125 likes, this word was never a thing and will never be one.
It's like someone deliberately wanted to see if it was something bad and found the most irrelevant slang word that shouldn't even be called slang to prove a pointless point.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Signalights's Avatar


Signalights
10.05.2017 , 05:04 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
Who cares that my enjoyment of the game has being completely destroyed?
I know I don't care. Good to know your history of pointless trolling here, though. What a sad excuse for an existence you must lead IRL.

Anyway, time for me to go back to playing the game I actually do enjoy, and will enjoy even more now that I know I don't have a completely crappy server name to put up with when the mergers happen. Toodles

AscendingSky's Avatar


AscendingSky
10.05.2017 , 05:28 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
Quite possibly I just hate people who complain over stupid crap and end up getting game changes that affect people who might not have wanted those changes.

You know, like getting the Tracer Missile animation changed.

But who cares right? Who cares if someone wanted to play the game it was originally designed to be? Who cares if the only reason I even started playing this game in the first place was for that animation? You don't want to have to bend over. Gotta fix that asap. Forget the lack of end-game content at the time. You don't want to have to bend over.

Who cares that my enjoyment of the game has being completely destroyed? You don't want to have to bend over.

I rest my case.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Diefenbaker's Avatar


Diefenbaker
10.05.2017 , 06:06 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.
Oh my, someone's feelings might get hurt. Usually people who don't even play the game. That alone makes a pure and utter joke.

But wait, wasn't it too hard to change the names? That was said in the stream (which, by itself, made me wonder how utterly incompetent you guys are when you can't even to something as simple as that.) But suddenly it's possible? MAGIC!

What does this remind me of. Oh yeah, when EA Maxis said that making animal animations is too hard for Sims 4. But then, when they decided to fleece players with less content for more money, suddenly, animated animals aren't too hard!

You fit into EA. Birds of a feather...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

"Paranoia is the byproduct of being consistently right."