I had a premonition last night

StrikePrice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? What is there to nerf? Infiltration in PVP is good, but not OP. Our DPS in PVE is in dead last. Tanking in PVP is pretty frustrating, not to mention their talk of making tanking better in PVP as a whole. And for PVE, if there's an OP tank, it's the Guardian, with an insane CD suite and Pretty decent passive defenses as they are, not to mention they got another cooldown in Focused Defense. We are in no position to get a nerf.

Seriously? What is there to nerf? Infiltration in PVP is good, but not OP. Our DPS in PVE is in dead last. Tanking in PVP is pretty frustrating, not to mention their talk of making tanking better in PVP as a whole. And for PVE, if there's an OP tank, it's the Guardian, with an insane CD suite and Pretty decent passive defenses as they are, not to mention they got another cooldown in Focused Defense. We are in no position to get a nerf.

Only thing I could see is Shadow/sin being affected by BW's effort to reduce the amount of hard CC in the game. Otherwise I do not see them being anywhere near first in line for a nerf.

Only thing I could see is Shadow/sin being affected by BW's effort to reduce the amount of hard CC in the game. Otherwise I do not see them being anywhere near first in line for a nerf.

We don't really have much more hard CC than other classes, though. Spinning Kick lasts all of 2 seconds and Force Stun is pretty standard at 4 seconds. Vanguards have better hard CC, as they can multi-target with Neural Surge, and they have Cryo Grenade as well. I mean, if they leave every class with a single hard CC, then that's going to change the metagame a lot, and not affect just Shadows. I think the OP meant he thinks we have a class specific nerf incoming.

mmmm yes so we will be a **** also on pvp? yeah.

can we hold a good *********** place in one of the end game side?

btw I don't think we will get a nerf, we are maybe NEAR to be op but we are not, we are just pretty good.

A nerf? To burst, slightly, maybe. Anything else would be stupid.

Why on earth would they nerf our burst? Have you seen what Snipers / Sorcs / Mercs do right now? Assassin burst seems right in line if you ask me.

If anything I see buffs in the future and rightfully so.

Why on earth would they nerf our burst? Have you seen what Snipers / Sorcs / Mercs do right now? Assassin burst seems right in line if you ask me.

If anything I see buffs in the future and rightfully so.

I havn't played much pvp since 2.7, but i dont think now is a right time to judge since people are in a transition of gearing up.

And while we are talking about 2.7 anyway, I didn't notice any resolve increase for spinning kick.

There wasn't one, was there?

Edited by Evolixe

Guardians out heal and have more defense than Shadows. Can't see a nerf for tanks .

Burst is very much in line with other classes. So no nerf for Inflitration.

Nerfing Balance? Umm....lol.

All that leaves is reducing the amount of CC, which I would be OK with.

Edited by Master-Nala

Guardians out heal and have more defense than Shadows. Can't see a nerf for tanks .

Burst is very much in line with other classes. So nerf for Inflitration.

Nerfing Balance? Umm....lol.

All that leaves is reducing the amount of CC, which I would be OK with.

"So nerf for Infiltration" - Not sure if sarcasm or typo.

Everything you say makes 100% sense, but I have 2 very scary words that could take everything you said and throw it out the window. they are: "concealment op". We too thought we were safe from the nerf bat, after many many months (years?) of being confined to our healing spec, we finally got the buff we needed ... only to be nerfed into the ground and have our healing spec taken with it. I have a fear that we (shadows) too will be nerfed as well ... probably low slash will be turned into a root.

I havn't played much pvp since 2.7, but i dont think now is a right time to judge since people are in a transition of gearing up.

Play it. You will be surprised at how OP dps has become. They're dropping like flies now. And I played very under-geared against fully geared VGs (they did the weapon trick).

And while we are talking about 2.7 anyway, I didn't notice any resolve increase for spinning kick.

I think it increased it a bit, but we still can do SK, LS and the hard stun before resolve fills up (with hard stun being last of course).

probably low slash will be turned into a root.

That entirely defeats the purpose of Low Slash. It wouldn't even make sense if they were to do that. I would legit rage in real life and perhaps break some stuff. Like my laptop.

Considering fighting people in similar gear, I assure you it's not 'gearing up'. Shadow burst is middle-of-the-damn pack. Ranged atm (especially mercs) are doing some things... Heck, even Veng are hitting 10ks on the regular. I highly doubt this class would get any nerfs the way it is. It would be insanely illogical.

Edited by Xinika

I havn't played much doesn't mean I havn't played at all.

I just havn't noticed much of a difference really...

White damage has been bolstered correctly. All classes that deal white damage receive the benefit. Mercs happen to scale very well from this 'buff', so do Snipers, Maras, Juggs, PTs and we already know that Sorcs have been 'fixed'. Again, if they were to nerf this class it would make no sense. In the case of Concealment? Operatives always had their godlike healing tree. It's tough to feel pity when Sawbones existed for as long as it did. What 'god' tree do Shadows have again?

That entirely defeats the purpose of Low Slash. It wouldn't even make sense if they were to do that. I would legit rage in real life and perhaps break some stuff. Like my laptop.

And replacing the KD on hidden strike with a root made sense?

Considering fighting people in similar gear, I assure you it's not 'gearing up'. Shadow burst is middle-of-the-damn pack. Ranged atm (especially mercs) are doing some things... Heck, even Veng are hitting 10ks on the regular. I highly doubt this class would get any nerfs the way it is. It would be insanely illogical.

2 words: "concealment op".

It's pretty obvious the BW team loves the sniper and they are slowly killing any opposition to it. First it was concealment, next it will be us ... Lets enjoy these times and burst and low slash to our hearts contempt. One day we will look back on this time and remember it as "the good old days".

2 words: "concealment op".

It's pretty obvious the BW team loves the sniper and they are slowly killing any opposition to it. First it was concealment, next it will be us ... Lets enjoy these times and burst and low slash to our hearts contempt. One day we will look back on this time and remember it as "the good old days".

I know people like to compare concealment and deception but they're really not the same. It's like comparing a feral druid and a rogue. The feral leaning closer to the Assassin. I should also mention that Concealment puts up some good numbers in the PvE department, whilst Deception - not really. So again, if they were to nerf Deception (which I highly doubt this would remotely happen) they'd have to nerf the whole game.:eek:

PS: The love for Snipers in this game is over the top and very obvious BW.

they'll probably require Surging charge to get the 30% AOE DR from Fade

(that would suck then I would have to play seriously against Brontes :confused:. though we didn't have the DPS to kill the first Droid in the Laser phase, is Shadow Tank-Infil Hybrid less Godlike below 50%?)

I doubt this would happen. Heaven forbid we have some form of tank.

I know people like to compare concealment and deception but they're really not the same. It's like comparing a feral druid and a rogue. The feral leaning closer to the Assassin. I should also mention that Concealment puts up some good numbers in the PvE department, whilst Deception - not really. So again, if they were to nerf Deception (which I highly doubt this would remotely happen) they'd have to nerf the whole game.:eek:

PS: The love for Snipers in this game is over the top and very obvious BW.

The nerf to concealment doesn't affect PvE at all so they didn't nerf it for PvE reasons. It was completely a PvP nerf that made absolutely no sense to me. If the premonition is true, they will probably nerf low slash and make it a root or a snare, but in return will allow us to maul people from any side with the duplicity proc. It will happen right alongside a "nerf sorc, buff sniper" patch.