Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Our plan right now is to bring PTS by the end of the week (assuming everything stays on track). Here are the changes you will see to the Alderaan Stronghold based on your feedback:

• A variety of bug fixes throughout including issues such as expansion doors not opening after purchase.
  • Made a number of changes throughout the Stronghold to hook quantity and placement.
  • Hooks have been added to the Ancient Ruins area outside.
  • Taxis will now be Thrantas!
    • Known issues: The map for the Alderaan Stronghold and the taxis are not functioning properly.

Please use this thread to share your thought on the new updates to the Alderaan Stronghold. Thanks all.

-eric

Edited by DanielSteed

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doors in the western lodging opens the doors in the wrong manner blocking access to the room inside >.>

*edit* It is also affecting the doors that slide open in the Northern Lodging. :eek:

Edited by Ogreov
Small correction

Still can't mount inside.

We can ride freaking tanks in a Coruscant appartment.

TANKS IN AN APPARTMENT

but we can't ride a small speeder in a huge palace? come on bro.

EDIT: Holy moly still can't mount in the insect boyos cave pls bioware fix

Edited by DarthYun

Hey folks,

Please use this thread to share your thought on the new updates to the Alderaan Stronghold. Thanks all.

I am out. I will not be spending any money on this stronghold because of:

[url=]https://imgur.com/a/fgq49Xl[/url]

How is mounting in this stronghold not being allowed? Did you not read the feedback from the first PTS of it? Lack of mounting, especially inside the Noble Estate interior was the most fed back annoyance after the first PTS run. Not being able to mount up in a stronghold hinders both exploration and decorating.

Between this rubbish and the sorcerer survivability nerf, I'm on the verge of unsubbing again.

ETA: the ruined building needs a flooring/floor covering hook: https://imgur.com/a/ZJYkMvs

Edited by Sarova

I am out. I will not be spending any money on this stronghold because of:

[url=]https://imgur.com/a/fgq49Xl[/url]

How is mounting in this stronghold not being allowed? Did you not read the feedback from the first PTS of it? Lack of mounting, especially inside the Noble Estate interior was the most fed back annoyance after the first PTS run. Not being able to mount up in a stronghold hinders both exploration and decorating.

Between this rubbish and the sorcerer survivability nerf, I'm on the verge of unsubbing again.

May I ask what this nerf is about? I have been out of the loop.

Here we go, here we go. ROUND 2!

Once again these are just my initial thoughts and will be updated along the way!

THRANTAS flying in the sky!!! (No nest though)

Killik terminal removed. Cave open.

No stupid F'ing droids with floating treasure chest icons.

Ornamental lighting fixtures added to face of building.

Lots of new wall hooks added to face of building.

Stained glass window looks cleaner. There are less god rays.

System message letting me know what room I'm in is still there.

No balcony.

No second floor.

Dais has been removed from throne room.

Still no door to throne room.

Ancient ruins has more hooks.

Can no longer use decorations to bypass broken wall to get behind ruins.

Insta death is quicker when trying to reach starship hooks.

Large window in North lodge fixed.

Door connecting between North and West lodgings is glitched. Can not go through it.

No doors to main rooms in lodgings.

Fake door inside West lodge has been removed.

Overall, it went from a C+ to a B. What's stopping it from being an A?

No cinematic intro.

No Epic Alderaanian music.

Unable to ride a thranta akin to the speeder bikes in strongholds so I can marvel at the view.

Not enough hooks in valley.

Hooks don't extend to shoreline.

Can't mount inside.

No balcony to castle.

No second floor to castle.

No doors to throne and lodging rooms.

System message room announcements.

Lack of floor hooks in lodging hallways.

Lack of hooks in general in the mountain retreat area in front of ruins.

Poor starship hook placement below ancient ruins.

The ancient ruins itself. It's just so Meh! At least put a roof on it or add a secret basement with a real room in it.

*1/18/20

I'm trying to like the stronghold. I really am. So far it has the potential to be the best stronghold to date but there are some things I just can't get around.

ANIMATION TERMINAL

The path that leads to the animation terminal need more hooks. The scaffolding needs a large hook. The view to the East is wasted on the campsite. Remove the fire and adjacent logs. Add Centerpiece hooks that can be broken down. If people want to make a campsite they can, just don't force it.

KILLIK CAVE

I commend the work and detail put into the animation sequence. Good Job! However, once done it can never be reverted. It dramatically changes the whole landscape. On top of that it counts as an expansion room. So it ties with decoration hook count. If you want to fully decorate you kinda have to unlock it.

The cave itself, although pretty to look at, is another example of a forced theme. Provide ample hooks and let people make the cave what they want.

LONELY WATERFALL

What a missed opportunity. Right now it's just pretty eye candy. Turn it into an explorable cave that leads to the unused open area to the East.

EASTERN OPEN AREA

Plenty of space here fellas, Please add some hooks. The section is barren.

In my opinion, this is where the ancient dilapidated ruins should have been placed.

I made a lil video in the last thread on how to get there.

https://youtu.be/UfdixwjHnLE

CASTLE

Guys c'mon! You can't trick us! The facade is staggeringly huge. Stop with deception. It doesn't make any sense to have such a big *** bldg without additional floors. It breaks immersion. From the outside you say "oh wow" then when get inside you're like "huh?"

ANCIENT RUINS

Where do I start? How about what a waste of space!!! That building should not be a focal point. It has grand stairs and a potential gorgeous view. The Costanza in me is screaming "SERENITY NOW!!" Turn the ruins into a real building with four walls, huge wide windows, and a roof. Make a basement that has a back door that leads to a path to the starship hooks down below.

MINOR NITPICKS

Open areas should not give us exhaustion zones and insta death. Let us explore our stronghold.

Arrival Terminals should be at Thranta Nests. Magically appearing on the bridge breaks immersion.

Room announcements needs to go away.

Turn on ability to mount in killik cave and noble estate interior.

Remove that fake door on the outside of the Western lodge.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

No second floor.

Well that thing with the Ruin is the the Second floor.

So i think i found a bug. In the Western Lodging on the lower left side the door just opens in the Opposite position. So you can't enter the room. Or you have too loses a lot of weight XD

Here is the picture of that Bug

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/663834768625893389/667841554966249483/Screenshot_2020-01-17_22_23_02_043045.jpg

Edited by DrakeVenku

Personal observations / wishes:

• While the stronghold is impressive, it unfortunately suffers from the same issue the Manaan Retreat did, i.e. it looks a lot bigger on the outside than it is on the inside. With an impressive front like that, you would think that this stronghold features more than just one floor. Alas, it does not, which makes me think that the great hall is a bit overkill when there is no second floor. There should at least be some more rooms on a second floor in the estate interior, with a staircase that splits up left and right to allow access to a balcony, separated by the stained glass window, similiar to the Senate interior on Coruscant.
  • The stronghold needs a bit more incidental music. I believe that the Manaan one does occasionally play music while the other strongholds remain silent, but I really think the overall atmosphere could benefit from some more sound.
  • Personally, I would appreciate it if the stronghold in general was free of icicles. Them being everywhere gives off the impression that the castle isn't being taken care of. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen any icicles hang off rooftops, windows etc in Organa Castle or House Organa.
  • The platform in the throne room should be large enough to support a large hook, otherwise it won't be possible to place decorations such as Throne of Enlightenment or Dark Eternal Throne.
  • Separate arrival points for the northern and western lodgings would be nice, same with the mountain overlook. In general, I think that this stronghold is big enough to justify quick travel points.
  • While it may just be me, I'd rather be able to explore more of the exterior behind the estate, to the northwest (waterfall, little lake etc) than the Killik Grounds. This comes into play particularly when you're trying to decorate what's outside the western lodging's window, as you have no means of getting there. A little glass door on the side allowing you access into that little "garden" would be the icing on the cake.
  • Sadly, jumping off the balcony results in an immediate death because of death zones.
  • Being able to determine the Killik population inside the hive is a nice touch, but I think I will never actually unlock that section on live servers. I prefer my family's estate to be Killik-free.
  • I would appreciate it if the estate entrance had a proper door that opens upon approach, rather than just an entrance that is always open.
  • I can't help but notice that a lot of rooms, particularly the bigger ones like the great hall and the connecting hallways, have little to no hooks for light sources. Instead, the stronghold features a lot of "pre-installed" lights, which cannot be turned off like in the overlook section of the Rishi stronghold.
  • None of the rooms in the estate interior proper feel like they could serve as a master bedroom.

Bugs:

• Arrival points (as usual) don't work.
  • The door connecting the Western to the Nothern lodging keeps bugging out, closing the wrong way.
  • Entering the corridor connecting the throne room to the balcony overlook while edit mode is active can cause hooks to disappear.
  • The doors that open automatically don't have any sounds.
  • It's still not possible to mount up inside any of the buildings.
  • The OP post mentions that taxis currently do not function properly. I have so far not spotted any taxi points at all, so I'm assuming the thranta nests are not present in this build.

Edited by BenKatarn

More changes will be needed, it is feeling abit underwhelming given the feedbacks already there for the first thread. But then again, it is the xmas period, not many devs are working over the holidays I suppose. :rak_03:

Minor and quick fixes:

1. Mounts – allow them please, and everywhere.

2. Northern to Western lodge internal door – its opening in wrong direction.

Questionable door/windows/placements.

1. On the mountain retreat, there is 3 external doors. One for northern lodge, one western and there is one more non-interactable door on the right side as you come up the stairs leading to the lift … is that supposed to be unlockable?

2. Exteriors of the stronghold gives a feel of second and third floors, yet we have only one floor? The lodges definitely needs a second floor. The main estate itself will need more floors, the exterior clearly suggests 3 floors.

3. The northern and western lodges have 4 windows, you can only access 2 from the inside? Non-accessible widgets really breaks immersion.

4. Guest rooms and library, they feel more like prison cells? No windows and all. Please add a second floor to all

these rooms with a stair leading up and windows on second floor.

Killik caves and the ruin is out of place in this stronghold. Something more needs to be done. I would trade the caves for second and third floors in the main stronghold to be honest. The ruins can do with a cellar if it needs to be there, or outright remove it or better yet, change it to a greenhouse/garden.

Stronghold:

First I do love the castle but needs some improvements:

Still needs a large wall hook when entering the stronghold for a banner or something.

Main hall (with stain glass)

Two suggestions: Add stairs to get to the second floor or:

Add grapple hooks on both side so we can get up there.

Hallway to Balcony Overlook

Add rug hooks

Add wall hooks

Maybe add some medium or medium narrow hooks to the floor as well

Balcony Overlook

Allow a way to get down there in case we add some decorations we would like to interact with and a way back up.

Add more windows please

Ruins:

I prefer that into a greenhouse and therefore you would need to add some windows and a ceiling to make it a proper greenhouse:

Greenhouse ideas: https://www.rimolgreenhouses.com/sites/default/files/images/tensteps/steps-01.jpg

https://www.archdaily.com/902060/greenhouse-as-a-home-bias-architects

https://www.gothicarchgreenhouses.com/custom-greenhouses.html

Cave:

I would prefer a crystal type cave

Cave ideas:

https://www.moddb.com/groups/star-wars-fan-group/images/lightsaber-crystals

https://www.rolepages.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/crystal-caves.jpg

Edited by casirabit

Everything I asked for last time and didn't get, I won't repeat, mostly, so onwards...

Good:

1. New hooks by the doors mean I can post guards or turrets there.

2. Whoever said there's no cinematic for it didn't create a new toon, and there's a cinematic console by the main door.

3. The god rays are now not overpowering, thanks.

4. Like the hooks in the ruins.

5. Yay, found 2 starship hooks just beyond the ruins in a canyon. Not sure if they were last round.

6. Yay, I'm running 58 FPS with max everything including max shadows, that never happens on Alderaan. I'll have to check out the overland map and see if that holds true everywhere.

7. Good job on window godray placement! Alderaan only has one sun: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Alderaan

The shadow cast from my body, when I'm outside and facing due North on the on the Mountain Retreat map, angles to the northwest. That means only the southern side of any building would receive any direct sunlight because the sun is at my back (to the southeast).

Godrays coming through the rectangular window located on the southern wall of the Western Lodging at (-503, 192) is correct. I face north, the godray falls northwest. Same holds true for some southern- and eastern-facing windows.

Both huge western-facing windows are in shadow cast by the building, and this is also correct. I did not even see any north- or western-facing rectangular windows anywhere, so nothing's there to invite discrepancy. Good job. Only nitpick: there is no visible light source outside, yet there is sunlight peeking through the clouds through the windows.

Counter-suggestions:

1. Whoever said put a roof on the ruins, don't. They're... ruins and I like the fact that they feel that way.

Issues:

1. People just want to grab and go when they get into their strongholds, get something out of the legacy vault or whatever and leave, so hooks right at the initial entry point by the bridge on either side of (-62, 20).

2. Nice big wall here when I'm facing west (-269,-22) inside the main entrance. Why no hooks?

3. Weird situation with the elevators. I click the blue button outside. The door opens. I go inside. No button inside. I must remain outside the entire time to navigate, despite that open door.

4. I agree with what people are saying about not being able to use mounts in the stronghold. I can use mounts in every other stronghold, why not here?

5. Door to nowhere at (-431, 167) facing west on the mountain retreat map. Either get rid of it, or make it a real entrance.

6. Door on the Western Lodging map (-522,187) facing west opens weird, and you can't get into it. Looks like the two halves of the door and moving the absolutely wrong direction, and when they stop moving, block forward movement.

7. Ditto door on the Northern Lodging map (-524, 188) facing east.

8. Bit gloomy in places where there's neither a default built-in overhead light nor a hook for a ceiling light, such as at (-534, 235) on the Northern lodging map. Mood lighting, I guess. Some might prefer a hook, other's a built-in light, hard to say which would better there, but the ceiling is arched.

9. I think I mentioned this before: Why no floor hook at (-356, -74) on the Throne room map? It would make sense in terms of continuity.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Swtor alderaan stronghold public test server feedback

• Sun shafts don’t blend in well. (image: https://imgur.com/a/WQD3Q8l )

• Some alderaan music would be great.

• In layout tab make it where I could turn a centerpiece hook into a large hook with the nine square hooks with it and not just the large hook.

• An option for killik mounds, make it a cave into an open killik area with mounds past the cave. Starting of cave could be clear and after a little walk it could start to turn to a killik cave to open killik area.

• Killiks could be turned into enemies by a switch.

• I personally like the killik cave because this stronghold would be a noble estate. The stronghold would also be a jedi academy, I think it would work well since there are killiks. The jedi and killiks may have made peace!

• The railings leading up to the castle, when the railings become flat add a small hook for flags for the noble house.

• No icicles near banner hooks, it makes it look odd with a banner.

• Make walkway/hallway going from the outside door going to the interior slightly bigger.

• Let players be mounted inside the cave and interior.

• Room with stained glass doesn’t need to centerpiece hooks, one will be fine. If you want two centerpiece hooks in there make one in the middle and one at the end where there is currently a large hook.

• Ceiling hooks in throne room doesn’t work with different lights. (image: https://imgur.com/a/99rjpUI )

• Throne room should have a door (in case the “noble” needed to have a private conversation)

• No need to have hooks in the mountain retreat if you can’t get to the decorations. Make it able to walk down there or remove them. (image: https://imgur.com/a/4Gwevk6 )

• Castle looks big bit isnt, it’s a lot bigger on the outside then inside which kills the use ability for the stronghold.

• Would recommend a top floor interior of the castle for rooms like council meetings.

• Rooms like the “study” could and should be bigger. Maybe add some medium narrow hooks on the side like you did for the back. Would also suggest if you make it bigger have a large hook in the middle along with the four large hooks around the area they are.

• Small hooks by main entrance should be made into medium narrow (I’d like to have my pilgrim deco there).

• Add a small hook underwater fall (could have a padawan meditating there).

• I saw no taxi, was probably a bug.

• I could not use cinematic intro terminal.

• Ruins should be slightly bigger.

• Way too many centerpiece hooks, and the starship hooks in the field should be two on the side and one in the middle or one in the middle and a few center piece hooks on the side for alliance fighters.

• Idea: make it where we can buy soldiers for each alderaan house. I'd like to have house alde soldiers for this stronghold.

• Idea: have it where we can copy our decorations like you can copy it for the guild, have it for personal. It would be helpful if I didn’t have to keep going buying a decoration pack when I only want a few decos from the pack not all of them. Make it where you can do it for credits like you can for guilds too.

Edited by sammywalker

This just an Initial post but of the 20 things we requested be changed, removed or added you did 4 of them at most. Please revisit the first post in the phase 1 feedback thread for this SH. The additional rooms need to be added to this SH to really get the full use out of it.

Remove ALL Killick Textures and keep the cave itself barren and add decor for both the Killick and Crystal cave themes.

Add a "Tower" room into the main hold similar to that of the Jedi council room in the prequels so that we can see the entire estate from all directions.

Add the vault under the ruins equal in size to the large room in the west/east wing of the main estate. Open the back area behind the ruins so that it can be used for anything we want and install a path to get there.

Add an upstairs in the to the main lobby area where the stain glass window is and make the second floor Mirror the bottom floor.

Allow all the outside areas to be mountable.

Remove the entire throne area from the throne room so that room has no raised level and make the entire throne its own decoration.

The above requests are needed to use to the SH to its fullest potential, as a guild that yall have been in contact with before it would be very very helpful for the above requests to be put in.

*Bugs*

Fix the Large Western door as it opens backwords and does not allow you to get in.

The Killick area terminal is not visible unsure if this is intended

The killick cave area next textures have fallen through the cave.

There are no Thrantas nests for the Thrantas

There are some missing hooks in the hallway leading to the balcony.

Edited by allexj
Added Links To Original Change Requests and Added Bugs Update

Stronghold:

First I do love the castle but needs some improvements:

Still needs a large wall hook when entering the stronghold for a banner or something.

Main hall (with stain glass)

Two suggestions: Add stairs to get to the second floor or:

Add grapple hooks on both side so we can get up there.

Hallway to Balcony Overlook

Add rug hooks

Add wall hooks

Maybe add some medium or medium narrow hooks to the floor as well

Balcony Overlook

Allow a way to get down there in case we add some decorations we would like to interact with and a way back up.

Add more windows please

Ruins:

I prefer that into a greenhouse and therefore you would need to add some windows and a ceiling to make it a proper greenhouse:

Greenhouse ideas: https://www.rimolgreenhouses.com/sites/default/files/images/tensteps/steps-01.jpg

https://www.archdaily.com/902060/greenhouse-as-a-home-bias-architects

https://www.gothicarchgreenhouses.com/custom-greenhouses.html

Cave:

I would prefer a crystal type cave

Cave ideas:

https://www.moddb.com/groups/star-wars-fan-group/images/lightsaber-crystals

I like you suggestions better than mine for the cave and the "ruins". ( Frankly I disapprove of the ruins. We already have enough of those). The green house is an excellent idea !! (nicely done)

Also .. the cave.. a crystal cave might be interesting. I kind of like this one the best:

I also agree with you and others who have requested at least one more floor. IMO... it wouldn't hurt (since this is a castle) … if there were a 3rd.. or one that opened up to roof top area.

I appreciate the changes (particularly in cases where I asked for those changes, though of course I wasn't the only one). However, as most of what I requested in my previous feedback was not implemented, it's hard to know what new things to say. Still, I will try, while reiterating that I would really like to see my original feedback implemented. I won't really comment on hook placement, since most of my wishes on that front were conveyed already, but more on general issues.

I would like if the area beyond the balcony overlook did not kill us. Instead, please let us jump down these waterfalls and roam about that whole area. It's such a stunningly beautiful place - why tease us with it? Let us enjoy it as it should be enjoyed. :) If the concern is that people would get stuck down there, maybe some steps carved into the natural rock could be added.

On the topic of the much-discussed killik cave, I am divided. I actually love it as it is currently. I think it's really pretty. If the killik items were removed and replaced with hooks, it would not be possible for us to make as nice-looking a killik area through our decorating skills as what we see right now. The movement limits of the decoration system, and the number of killik decorations available to us, simply wouldn't let us replicate the full current look. At the same time, I appreciate that a lot of people are not interested in killiks and would prefer to be able to make the cave their own (particularly if it could be a crystal cave). Perhaps some control could be added that would allow us to swap between killik cave, crystal cave, and bare cave? I appreciate that this is a big ask, but I know decorators would be delighted if it could be done somehow.

I agree with those who have said that an upper level of the main palace building would be nice. It could be reached via the elevator, so there wouldn't be a need to create a big new stairs. The upper level could have one large "observatory" central chamber that allows a view of the whole stronghold to the front and the back, and several small chambers off to either side. These rooms would be smaller than any of the existing rooms, to give a real variety of room sizes. You see, one issue I'm finding with the stronghold is that it's quite hard to create a "personal" feeling chamber that would serve as a character's private quarters, because the size of the rooms feels more like an open plan reception area or somesuch. None of the rooms feel to me like they could be a bedroom or a study; they are just too big. Plus with the way the hooks are laid out, I haven't found a way to centre a bed against a wall in any of them (so far; perhaps I've missed something somewhere).

(In this, as in so many other things, the 20-unit movement limit is extremely constricting; many of us wish it could be raised. If it could be, the dev(s) making the strongholds wouldn't need to be so exact about how they place their hooks, because instead of wishing there was a hook in someplace-or-other, we could just use a different hook and move our placed decoration further. This would be the single biggest change that could revolutionize the decorating experience. I am being a bit cheeky asking about it in a feedback thread for a specific stronghold, but it truly is something with a huge negative effect, and every single stronghold could be better decorated if the limit could just be raised.)

On the bed front, a few more bed decorations would be welcome, particularly some that would fit an Alderaan aesthetic. I feel like most of the beds we have at the moment are more suited to other aesthetics. They don't have the "opulent elegance" look of Alderaan. The only one that I feel really fits an Alderaan look is the temple bed, and it's so small that it especially looks like a child's bed in these enormous Alderaanian chambers.

On the topic of Alderaanian decorations, I note with pleasure the achievement-linked decoration that was added, "noble throne facade," which lets us place a thin divider like what was at the head of the throne room before it was removed to give a better view. This decoration is very promising (especially if you please give us more than four of them - the achievement implies four, but often achievements actually give us 999, and that's the number I'd like to see). This type of decoration would be very welcome in several more iterations. "Room dividers" are extremely useful to let us turn large rooms into several smaller ones in our own way, but they really need to look like they fit in with the aesthetic of the stronghold or they stand out badly. This facade decoration could be useful for more than just giving us flexibility with the throne room. If longer versions were added as well, they would let the stronghold be more flexible.

Edited by Estelindis

You see, one issue I'm finding with the stronghold is that it's quite hard to create a "personal" feeling chamber that would serve as a character's private quarters, because the size of the rooms feels more like an open plan reception area or somesuch. None of the rooms feel to me like they could be a bedroom or a study; they are just too big. Plus with the way the hooks are laid out, I haven't found a way to centre a bed against a wall in any of them (so far; perhaps I've missed something somewhere).

I can't help but agree and disagree to this statement. I don't think the rooms are to big for a study, I believe them to be to small. it doesn't work well having items like "jedi library" and "master exhibit: light datacron" in there near each other. it also doesnt do well with having any bulky study stuff. I do however think one of the rooms should be smaller for a bedroom, maybe if they add a second floor have one smaller and one for like a council meeting chamber to look through the outside.

I can't help but agree and disagree to this statement. I don't think the rooms are to big for a study, I believe them to be to small. it doesn't work well having items like "jedi library" and "master exhibit: light datacron" in there near each other. it also doesnt do well with having any bulky study stuff. I do however think one of the rooms should be smaller for a bedroom, maybe if they add a second floor have one smaller and one for like a council meeting chamber to look through the outside.

Well I can agree and disagree with this too. :) I think for sure the current rooms could work well for a library (maybe even a bigger room would be good for that). I imagine a library as being a big shared research facility, and a study being a smaller personal room with a desk, a chair and a couple of shelves, so I guess it's subjective interpretation of words. :D

Edited by Estelindis

My thoughts about this PTS build of the Alderaan Stronghold are mostly positive, and any bugs I noticed.

One thing that is still very bad is not being able to be mounted inside the buildings and the Kilik cave. The inability to use mounts in these locations is incredibly tedious. Enough so that I will not unlock any rooms in the Alderaan Stronghold. And, I'll only unlock the Mountain Retreat, but not the Lodgings. I think the team did an amazing job in creating the beauty and majesty of both Alderaan's structures and outdoor areas. But, having to run – Rocket Boost – run – Rocket Boost (when it's off CD) – run – Rocket Boost … I'm annoyed just typing this out. Yet, nowhere near as annoyed as I am when I'm doing this in the Alderaan Stronghold.

Which is a shame, because the indoors of the Alderaan Stronghold is beautiful.

The stunning stained glass room. (BTW, thank you for moving over the stained glass' reflection on the floor.

The new and (imo) improved Throne Room.

That breathtaking balcony view.

Please allow mounts inside the Alderaan Stronghold's structures.

----------------------------------------------------------

Changes I Greatly Appreciate:

The castle entrance changing from this, with the removal of that repair droid, and the addition of hooks.

Oh, the possiblities now for the castle entrance.

The change to the hooks near the built-in outdoor fire, from this.

Now, it's possible to place personnel, pets, and/or animal mounts near the warm, toasty fire.

I can't remember if it was like this in the first PTS round, but I like that there are hooks leading up to, and in, the elevator to the Mountain Retreat.

I also don't remember if the landing area, when facing away from the castle, had this many hooks. Regardless, I appreciate the number of hooks and that they can be switched to a variety of hooks sizes.

My Suggestions for Additional Changes:

Open up the broken wall at the back of the ruins so that we can see the magnificent view behind and beyond. What I'm referring to, and its map location.

Two areas inside the castle can definitely use an additonal floor hook. In both cases, the sole floor hook in the respective hallways is at one end. My suggestion is to either center the sole floor hook, or add another floor hook at the opposite end of the respective hallways. Here, and that map location. And, the other hallway, and it's map location.

I did see thranta flying through the air this time. I appreciate their addition, and request two changes to them. 1. Slow down their movement through the sky. 2. Have their wings move up and down. On Alderaan, the thranta have a smooth, flowing, gliding motion. The sort of motion like a manta ray swimming through the water. The Alderaan Stronghold's thranta in the air zoom through at a seeming high speed, not moving their wings.

Bugs:

The Alderaan Stronghold is still not a rest zone.

The Northern and Western Lodgings' labels are backwards. The western Lodging is named the Northern Lodging. And, the northern Lodging is named the Western Lodging.

As others have noted, the interior door between the Northern and Western Lodgings "opens" backwards, preventing its use.

I'll repost these bugs in the Alderaan Stronghold Known Issues thread.

I appreciate being able to check out the upcoming Alderaan Stronghold on the PTS. It is beautiful.

My goal this weekend is to test out as many of the Alderaan Stronghold hooks as possible, and to hit the decoration limit for that Stronghold to see if it allows for proper decorating (allowing for personal taste). I'll comment on my experience with that in another post, later this weekend.

I realy like the SH and at this point I just have say, that it looks amazing , but players should mount in and outside the SH, and my second point is that Guilds should be able to get multiple Strongholds! We technically already have multiple guild strongholds with the Flagship) so the system is in place for it. Please, won't you consider allowing us to purchase unlock slots for multiple guild strongholds?

As Ideeas I read here something I want to support that if its not too much worke, that u add a "Tower" room into the main hold similar to that of the Jedi council room in the prequels so that we can see the entire estate from all direction, a privat Room up there would be amazing.

And realy like the Throne Room pleas keep them like he is.

Futuremore I wounder, if u cant add a PvP area it dosnet have to be a Huttball section more like a littel Arena to fight but this Idea is just dreaming, from my personal Point the stronghold is great u have to add a Banner Hook at die middel of the main doore and let Guilds get multiple strongholds and it would be pefect

Didn't see much in the ways of the bugs, except for the one mentioned here several times already:

• Interior door between the Northern and Western Lodgings "opens" backwards. Looks pretty, but turns the entrance absolutely useless

Not sure if below counts as bug, but I've seen neither the taxis not the trantas in my SH. A pity :D

Regarding overall issues/suggestions:

1. The SH would definitely benefit from ambient noise. As it is it's just to quiet. While individual rooms can be spruced up (ambient noise machines (though those are way quiet) or jukeboxes), it doesn't play right with the outside. Mountains and forest like this? You'll be hearing wind near constantly. Add waterfalls and the ambience should be pretty good

2. Mounts inside of SH. While I'm not as bothered by inability to use them inside the property - it didn't feel as big to me as, say, Rishi or even Yavin 4 - Kilik cave restriction grates

3. Death field on the balcony. Would be wonderful if it could be moved to at least the meadow in the distance. As of right now you take 1 step back off the balcony and you are dead. And just when there is that small tempting waterfall pool to meditate in

4. One panoramic upper room. While I disagree it should go anywhere over the stained window room ( since from the mountain retreat you can kind of see the back of its walls), I would wholly support a room in the tower over Northern Lodge

5. Ruins. This is more of cosmetic - but if you are putting a centerpiece hook there, the floor texture that looks like it divides the floor into two sections via stone block looks a bit out of place, unless you place something really massive over it (e.g. Jedi Library banks look great, Jedi War table doesn't). But this might be my nitpicking

Edited by AstyanDelacroix

I like the stronghold, particularly like the snowy wintery feel (although its about -2°C here so maybe makes it seem more real :D ) and I love that there are a lot of star ship hooks so can get all my faction ships in, not to mention some great views. Room size feels okay, a good mix of large and smaller rooms. The throne room is also great as well as the balcony view.

I noticed a couple of glitches:

- The internal door between North and West lodgings. It opens but also blocks itself when it does so impassible.

- The corridor leading from the throne room corridor to the balcony area. Eg hover mouse over a wall and shows a clickable hook which can be used but there is no colour indication (eg the purple/green ones are invisible)

Recommendations/would be nice wise:

- There doesn't appear to be too many of the narrow hooks, particularly against the walls or hallways which is a shame as a lot of decorations (like ancient slave etc) use the narrow hooks, maybe some of the small green hooks (like the individual green hooks on the podiums surrounding the main hall) could have the option to change in to narrow hook instead?

- The corridors leading to the throne room the carpet/hooks don't look quite right, they are too close to one end of the corridor on both sections so either need a couple more to cover the corridor length or centralised :)

- The ruins are a nice touch but inside is just a big grey wall perhaps knocking down some of that wall would make for a nice touch to show off some of those great views :)

- Maybe a few small hooks closer to the water edge in the intro area, (Tauntauns need somewhere to drink some water :) )

- As others have said a small panoramic room on top the lodgings would be awesome.

Its looking great though, Alderaan wasn't high on my list of stronghold locations (bad long term investment :D) but I really like it so looks like I'll be definitely setting up base here.

Edited by Jongkey

here are my 2 cts ...

positive:

- I overall really like this SH!

- thranta taxis (if they show up eventually ;)

- it does have beautiful views indeed

negative/bugs:

- the one door in the mountain retreat opens the wrong way

- still no windows in the drawing roon/study/guest chamber - see, how much it looks like a prison

- not possible to mount indoors - PLEASE change that!

- there is still a non accessable door/entrance, see here

- the throne room has no door

- no second floor - anywhere really - there should be at least an indoor balcony/archway in the main hall

- no hooks near the water (to place animals and such)

- I cannot see the hooks in the hallway to the balcony, see here

- when you put a carpet on the floor with the stained glass reflection, the reflection is no longer visible, see here

I marked the things bold that are the most important to me