Onderon Datacron Thread!

captainwesson

So same as when Ossus came out, let's use this thread to discuss datacrons and our findings :D

I was derping around and spotted the Endurance one near the Republic Forward Operating Base Speeder...I'm up high, about 10 meters from it, but can't see how to get there just yet.

Will edit as I find more, but post away! Datacrons!

so can we finally now talk about the underground Onderon Mastery datacron and it's HORRIBLE AUTO KILL feature - literally right after you get it, IT AUTO KILLS YOU and then you LOSE the datacron you just WASTED ALL THAT TIME trying to get to ... because it does NOT (and do not say "2 seconds!!!") give you time to get away from it ... because it does NOT give you time to get away from it. AS SOON as the cut scene ends, YOU GET KILLED. you do NOT have ANY time to get away from any kind of death effect AT ALL.

DEVS: PLEASE STOP THIS RIDICULOUS AUTO KILL EFFECT!!!! IT IS SADISTIC AND PERVERTED!!!!

if i worked real hard, to get over all of those puzzle squares and nearly invisible spikes (if you scroll in close enough, to make your view first person, it is not as hard to see the spikes, as compared to my normal 3rd person view)... THEN I DAMN WELL DESERVE TO KEEP the datacron that i got for myself.

BTW you made the whole thing instanced which i am not sure if that is good or bad since now we cannot group to get it?? or does that encourage grouping? i am not sure yet... uggggh I HATE grouping with others! :(

I already have both, I didn't depend on videos. I looked at the clues and if I screwed up I tried again. It took me about 50-60 deaths for the mastery one, but I got it. I like that it's challenging. It means people can't pay someone to get it for them and summon, they actually have to work to get it. I like it, it can't be bought (paying others to do the work) it shows ones dedication.

I already have both, I didn't depend on videos. I looked at the clues and if I screwed up I tried again. It took me about 50-60 deaths for the mastery one, but I got it. I like that it's challenging. It means people can't pay someone to get it for them and summon, they actually have to work to get it. I like it, it can't be bought (paying others to do the work) it shows ones dedication.

k that is RETARDED. NOBODY should have to try FIFTY or SIXTY TIMES to get a @#^@&@#$%^ DATACRON.

And saying that nonsense about paying others to get it for you??? since when did that ever happen or was ever allowed?? THIS ONE IS INSTANCED ANYWAY.... which means, unless someone is in a group, they ain't getting it.

in fact, NOBODY WILL EVER get this datacron and i highly doubt you got it either.

You must be one of the devs or artists working at Bioware .... uggggh

You're insane. and your comment was crap.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the mastery one, did not die 50-60 times either.

Found my way to the Presence datacron, but I am not able to get credit for some reason. It is half buried in the platform it is located on. Not sure if that has anything to do with it tho.

• 1 month later...
k that is RETARDED. NOBODY should have to try FIFTY or SIXTY TIMES to get a @#^@&@#$%^ DATACRON.

THIS ONE IS INSTANCED ANYWAY.... which means, unless someone is in a group, they ain't getting it.

in fact, NOBODY WILL EVER get this datacron and i highly doubt you got it either.

You're insane. and your comment was crap.

Okay so, couple things here to address but lol jeez u got some serious issues dude....

Anyways, first off: Challenge is a good thing, even for a "_______ datacron" . Just imagine your reaction if this type of RL skills challenge was put into place more often in SWTOR for say ohhh i dunno an actual valuable item like 'Tulak Horde LS' . :eek:

Secondly, no one can "group" for it, since the instance is a SOLO 'personal' instance. So yeah, get your facts straight next time before rage posting CAPS-lock lol

Third, i just got the datacron myself and it took me around 20-25 tries (and i only used the in-game 'scroll' item at the start, which if you hover mouse-cursor over it gives you jump platform pattern hint). So yeah, it was both challenging & frustrating but in the best possible video-game way.

Lastly, for anyone else more rational stumbling upon this thread... Pro-tip: 'phase walk' = your friend :D

p.s. Devs or QA, if you're still watching these forums... What's the scoop with this? --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969072

Edited by Nee-Elder

so can we finally now talk about the underground Onderon Mastery datacron and it's HORRIBLE AUTO KILL feature - literally right after you get it, IT AUTO KILLS YOU and then you LOSE the datacron you just WASTED ALL THAT TIME trying to get to ... because it does NOT (and do not say "2 seconds!!!") give you time to get away from it ... because it does NOT give you time to get away from it. AS SOON as the cut scene ends, YOU GET KILLED. you do NOT have ANY time to get away from any kind of death effect AT ALL.

DEVS: PLEASE STOP THIS RIDICULOUS AUTO KILL EFFECT!!!! IT IS SADISTIC AND PERVERTED!!!!

if i worked real hard, to get over all of those puzzle squares and nearly invisible spikes (if you scroll in close enough, to make your view first person, it is not as hard to see the spikes, as compared to my normal 3rd person view)... THEN I DAMN WELL DESERVE TO KEEP the datacron that i got for myself.

BTW you made the whole thing instanced which i am not sure if that is good or bad since now we cannot group to get it?? or does that encourage grouping? i am not sure yet... uggggh I HATE grouping with others! :(

I agree with you 100%! Other than the fact that ive been here since beta and I am sick of/burnt out on getting datacrons.. This one is just ridiculous. Makes me not want to resub

As I said in a reply to a post below. I have been in this game since beta. I am burnt out on getting datacrons. There were enough datacrons before this expansion. There is no need for more datacrons! Please stop the torture. The original datacrons were fun this is plain ole torture.

Yeup just tried again for the millionth time. Everytime I get to the datacron I die. I dont get a chance to run. Something has got to be done about that or you wont get next months 14.99. Ive quit before because of a BS datacron that was glitched and ill quit for good over this one and its not glitched. Who ever thought of this datacron should be fired. Its not fair that some of us cant even get a chance to run. It may be the keyboard but! We all cant afford 200 300 dollar keyboards. Fix it or lose me as a customer for good. Why should I play if I cant max out my characters?

Yeup just tried again for the millionth time. Everytime I get to the datacron I die. I dont get a chance to run. Something has got to be done about that or you wont get next months 14.99. Ive quit before because of a BS datacron that was glitched and ill quit for good over this one and its not glitched. Who ever thought of this datacron should be fired. Its not fair that some of us cant even get a chance to run. It may be the keyboard but! We all cant afford 200 300 dollar keyboards. Fix it or lose me as a customer for good. Why should I play if I cant max out my characters?

OMG... you new SWTOR players are freakin whiners..."make it easier or I quit"..... My husband did it on his FIRST try, its a pattern stupid... you cant sit there and RP walk through it, you click and you RUN out IN A PATTERN. my god, read a guide.. or try harder... or....grow some balls and suck less... or better yet - unsub.

OMG... you new SWTOR players are freakin whiners..."make it easier or I quit"..... My husband did it on his FIRST try, its a pattern stupid... you cant sit there and RP walk through it, you click and you RUN out IN A PATTERN. my god, read a guide.. or try harder... or....grow some balls and suck less... or better yet - unsub.

i

Actually ive been in this game since beta. Making it to the datacron is simple. Its the fact that I cant run from the datacron, it instant kills me. My connection is great. My equipment is great. that tells me there is something else wrong and its not on my end. Why should I pay to play if I cant max out my toon. Im not asking for any hand out. But I do expect them to look into it. I know for a fact im not the only one having this problem

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget about the one where you have to the damn jump puzzle one. I tried it today i got the one from underground but not the other on top of that rock.

I carefully time my jumps and when i do it right, i fail for no reasons which is total BS because of the rocks sticking out of the mountain it's so annoying i hope they fix that issue as well. If not i'm gonna totally freak out and jump out of a one story window i mean it.

• 2 weeks later...
i

Actually ive been in this game since beta. Making it to the datacron is simple. Its the fact that I cant run from the datacron, it instant kills me. My connection is great. My equipment is great. that tells me there is something else wrong and its not on my end. Why should I pay to play if I cant max out my toon. Im not asking for any hand out. But I do expect them to look into it. I know for a fact im not the only one having this problem

THIS!!!!! EXACTLY RIGHT!!!

GETTING TO the datacron is NOT THAT HARD.

It's GETTING AWAY from it and ending up in POSSESSION of it, OUTSIDE of the puzzle floor, WITHOUT getting INSTANT ZERO-DELAY ZAPPED ... THAT AUTO-KILL with NO DELAY is the part that is WRONG and BUGGED and DISGUSTING.

I agreed, I died many times as well. I did completed it.

I used my phase walk on the underground data cron. The time when u hit / click the datacron and when the cut scene ends needs a 1-2 more sec delay before it sends out the insta kill wave.

With practice you do get better just don't get so frustrated. I still need the rishi and fleet datacrons. Fleet you need items for and a group that is willing to do the quest. Rishi you need a lot of time and patience. I do have a lot of extra's but the ones I need on the disks. Willing to trade for the ones I need.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry, but I'm going to just say one thing:

the Onderon and Mek-Sha Datacrons are pathetically unworth the effort.

If the developers are going to be sadistic and cruel like they're Romans, the Datacron value should be increased. It should be increased rather dramatically. If you're going to make these things this ridiculously difficult to obtain, and obnoxious besides, up the value to a minimum of +20.

I'm an avid player and love the game, but this nonsense?

It is not worth the effort to get. Period.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to just say one thing:

the Onderon and Mek-Sha Datacrons are pathetically unworth the effort.

If the developers are going to be sadistic and cruel like they're Romans, the Datacron value should be increased. It should be increased rather dramatically. If you're going to make these things this ridiculously difficult to obtain, and obnoxious besides, up the value to a minimum of +20.

I'm an avid player and love the game, but this nonsense?

It is not worth the effort to get. Period.

Both were pretty easy with a guide.. managed to get them on 3rd attempt .

• 7 months later...

We had Collison issues with the egress the one time out of 4 we reached that part of the exit path. then again same timing aim point - Vette should have been of more use as other puzzle aids she does in the beginning on korraban and later in the FE chapters going after the twins sister. the micro binos spots and reads off stats for the cube.. but does none of the shroud search tells. they have no trap generator here to disable liek the laser grid or electro floor trap puzzles. . the dot did happen 3 of 5 times before we could move past a spike trying left and right side it seems to move u to start my comps could stand right on the platform and spikes no issues . we could not put a training or holo dancer on the spot like indies bag of sand.. we want the collision to be ok for non 3k pcs or the mechanic to understand a fair compromise in paths or a work around using comps or a boss or the Miggs grapple more?

you can team but it bugged on us and locked my connection lasting it is nice to have phase walk for only a part you can guide one in to the area and show only so much or translate a good pull is really nice but the escape all the way out and sometimes bugged for crediting the grab is not fun.

Edited by SenshiBat