Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback

EricMusco

I think it is a good move to rollback the sorc changes until all of the intended buffs / nerfs / changes are implemented, so we can see the whole picture why some of them were made. Even if it means waiting for them longer... in current form they did not make much sense and would not achieve what they were supposed to do. So kudos for that.

That said, am I the only sorc healer that does not run the Gathering Storm set? I like my Revitalized Mystic much more, even though the 6th piece set would be even better if it made the refresh of Resurgence on target free rather than return unknown amount of Force, but even in current form I find it adequate... perhaps not as inspired as some other sets, but kinda like Lord of Pain set for Jugg tank - it does help, but it is not imbalanced or requiring you to change the gameplay. So the change to the set based on Healer changes was a bit confusing to me, as I (and probably most other people) thought that it is targeted at Lightning spec. If it was because of too many healers using this set instead of the Revitalized Mystic and Empowered Restorer, perhaps they could be changed to provide more benefits to the healer - either due to superior Force management in them (making skills free or cost less under some conditions), increased healing (be it one specific skill or perhaps changing the 2pc bonuses of 2% alacrity to something like +x% healing done), reduction of key healing skill cooldowns or making some non-instant skills instant cast... Revitalized Mystic is almost there, but Empowered Restorer set is not widely used. Mostly not just because the buffs to Dark Heal are not enough (and they are not enough), but because it completely changes whole Force management handling of Reversed Corruption/Weary stacks. Such a thing would be better for a tactical item (that should be a gameplay changing item) than a set.

Speaking of tacticals... well there is a thread on them in Sorc class forum, there are many suggestions, but please.... just do something with them. A Healing Hand is not usable, people feel like the sorcerer is trolling them with extrication and get angry, and it is not usable in any harder content. Cleanse the Agony has a nice idea to it, but all the fights in opses are/were designed about unmodified cleanse cooldown, there is no fight where I would feel like I should use it over anything else, so while the idea is good the tactical itself has no real use except for maybe some niche situations that I did not encounter in current opses. All for One is a mirror of One for All which is cute, but any healer casting Revivification on a single target is wasting a GCD that they could use to cast a stronger, cheaper single target heal. One for All is nice, though it does not add much and could be buffed a bit, but it is noticeable increase on the small aoe heal. Storm Succor has again a very nice idea to it, I like the damage skill that would also heal a lot, but unfortunately the heal is not a smart area heal, it goes to the nearest person that stands next to the damaged target and I saw that it healed a melee dps on full health who happened to stand close to the boss rather than tank on half health - that is why I just cannot justify using it. In hm/nim opses the tanks often move a bit away to reposition the boss, to swap, to avoid circle, or simply are knocked back a bit by boss attacks - while melee dpses are in 0m range and eat the heals that should go to tank. In some fights it is not usable at all, as in some phases tanks are never closest person to the boss (Terror From Beyond platforms, Master and Blaster...).

The ideas behind the tacticals were not bad, but none of the tacticals is a well rounded one that can be used in all of the content that other classes have. All of them are usable in a very niche situations, if at all. Having such tacticals is fun when you actually get to fight or situation where you can make them shine, like Storm Succor when running a FP with 2 ranged dpses and melee tank is absolutely fine, and One for All in places like 8 man opses in Dread council burn or Titan 6 burn can help a bit. But we would also like that one tactical that would be the "bread and butter" item to run any content and usable anywhere. I hope we will see one when all the healer changes are finalized.

Also, any chance for sneak peak of changes? Even without numbers and the mandatory disclaimer that all is subject to a change? So we could start with our feedback before you spend time on implementing the changes, putting them on PTS and then having to do it again in case the players will find something unusable or too overpowered? Pretty please? (Hands a jar of cookies)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the intended goal of nerfing the GS set was to nerf sorc healers, who r already pathetic? An exclusively DPS set? U guys r just digging urselves deeper into poo.

Ppl should not be praising u for seeing "reason," this is ridiculous.

Well... TK/Ling is overperforming if the devs are going by their previous statement that ranged burst should be -5% of target dps. However, the old meta was so stale, that it is refreshing to be able to play TK/Ling. If the devs wait 6 months, the nerf would probably be more widely accepted.

Anyway, I'm not advocating nerfs. In fact, I want to be able to play Madness/Balance again as well. It seems like this spec is underperforming in both PVP and PVE.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

And healers are yet again left guessing and wondering where your meta is going to leave us. Giving us details about targets and stuff now would allow us to give you constructive feedback which could actually be taken onboard.

Sorry, but makes sense and is logical. Not going to happen as BioWare use none.

I wonder this will be first time BW actually gets feedbacks or as usual they will lie about feedback again? TBH i dont have any hopes from them.

And the earth is actually flat ;)

Common, what do you think the ultimate out come will be, even with the delay?

They won’t even reply to the gear bug thread they created in November and asked for feed back.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey folks,

Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming! A couple of changes that we are going to make based on your feedback. First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well. For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

-eric

The fact the player base had to draw attention to this displays an obvious disconnect regarding class development. On a positive note, it's good to see you're listening to people that actually do play and test the classes. :) Of course if the pending changes come to fruition...

Edited by Pirana

In ranked lightning sorcs hit like a mad truck while keeping decent defensive perks and force speed mobility. Atm playing lightning sorc is much easier than merc or sniper so idk why you not nerfing lightning sorcs a bit. I see skilled lightning sorcs doing nearly top dps while offhealing their team mates.

Assassin's double vanish must be removed.Same as tactical switching after arena have started because it gives stealthers huge advantage.

Dps guard must be nerfed to 15% instead of 50% because they aren't supposed to tank same as tanks

Marauders reset camouflage with predation must receive some restrictions because they literally remain invisible and unreal to be focused.

Operatives bludgeon tactical also needs a slight nerf.

Sniper instant ambush must be nerfed to 10% instead of 20 %.

Give pve players additional damage buffs in pve instances so pvp balancing would not affect them.

Without these changes class balance will remain garbage in pvp.

In ranked lightning sorcs hit like a mad truck while keeping decent defensive perks and force speed mobility. Atm playing lightning sorc is much easier than merc or sniper so idk why you not nerfing lightning sorcs a bit. I see skilled lightning sorcs doing nearly top dps while offhealing their team mates.

As long as they nerf deception sins and concealment ops harder, first, then a small nerf to lightning would be fine.

Second, we have one additional quality of life change for Marauders and Sentinels coming in 6.1:

Marauder

Carnage

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Massacre is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Massacre, not just damaging abilities).

Sentinel

Combat

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Blade Rush is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Blade Rush, not just damaging abilities).

Thanks.

-eric

YES! Thank you so much!

Hey folks,

Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming! A couple of changes that we are going to make based on your feedback. First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well. For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

Second, we have one additional quality of life change for Marauders and Sentinels coming in 6.1:

Marauder

Carnage

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Massacre is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Massacre, not just damaging abilities).

Sentinel

Combat

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Blade Rush is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Blade Rush, not just damaging abilities).

Thanks.

-eric

Solo ranked is ruined because of dps guarding each other especially in games with healers and doing tank's roles. Healers can easily outheal two dps who are cross-guarding each other and team wihout two guards literally has no chances. And in 4 dps vs 4 dps games assassin can easily guard his allies and not die thanks to double vanish and double full hp regen...can you pls Rethink dps guarding in solo ranked please??dps should not be able to cross guard each other like tanks and not dying from it. It just makes tanks USELESS and gives dps with guard huge advantage.

Since you guys are listening, thank you.

I have a few recommendations to make.

Defel spliced genes - Increases duration of cloak by 4 seconds, Cloak of pain resets predation.

This would move away from cloaking all the time gameplay and help marauder keep its identity instead of a half-assed stealther with Nikes. It'd also allow for more dynamic utils instead of taking +2s camo and move speed.

Hidden Power - Force camo resets Mad dash.

The current rage builder version is pretty pointless, having a mad dash reset for movement would be useful in all sorts of gameplay.

Undying Cloak - Change it to every 1 second.

It's an okay defensive tactical at the moment but isn't as useful as double cloak at the moment.

Tome of unyielding blades - Radius is too small, make it proc off dual saber throw which is already aoe.

Smash isn't worth using half the time as carnage, the idea of this tactical is there but it's not only a small radius it does poor damage.*

Throwing arm - Makes saber throw an AoE around the target with a leap reset.

This tactical is beyond problematic at the moment, it oppresses white damage heavily at the moment and works on marauder, meaning very low cooldown AoE obfuscates. Fix it so it does not work on Marauder anymore at the very least.

Quick Escalation - Turn leeching strike into an AoE.

Currently, a silly tactical to have on an AoE spec also the three charges at high force cost is not worth it.

Superheated fuel - No changes. FIX the fact it's affecting Firefall/Ionfall.

Viral elements - No Changes. FIX the fact it's hitting the main target with the aoe backstab also, so it's basically getting hit twice by the same backstab.

Volatile Strike - Just too strong to have triple auto crit every 15s in PvP.

Class abilities that do multiple things that are problematic for balance.

• Brazing bolt slow and tracer missile slow, one needs to go.

• Auto root on coverpulse, no utility needed.

• Mutilating shards 75% movement speed reduction for 15 seconds, too strong. Either needs to last for a shorter period or slow needs nerfed, I say slow. Mega slows cause leap issues.

• Movement abilities being affected by slows and sometimes desynced by roots.

• Endure pain is the only CD left ingame after consuming darkness & undying rage rework that can take health from you.

• Predation gives group defense chance and negative FPS.

• Phantomstride and Holotraverse still kills!

• PT leap works less than 50% of the time, seriously! Most unreliable skill ingame.

• Accuracy debuffs are not balanced, flash powder, dizzying force, force bound and diversion affect both damage types, while the rest do not.

• Force bounds affect on intimidating roar is strong, too strong when stacked. We don't need more accuracy debuffs we need less.

• Diversion should go back to being single target or become DR for self and allies while inside it instead of RNG accuracy.

• Stun bubble should both vent heat and give rage back as it does give resolve.

• Chain lightning root should be reworked or moved to another ability that is not AoE. It's very problematic and causes a lot of desync.

• Responsive safeguards should not heal, it's already a reflect. No one has a reflect that heals, mercenary does not need 3 healing DCDs.

• Kolto breaker for Powertech is unreliable.

Balance issues.

• Stun DR only available to Mercenary, Sorcerer and tanks? Hello?..*

• Powertechs kolto outside of Pyro's is bad, like really bad.

• Shroud is good, while deflection is bad outside CC immunity. Something like blade turning passive would help a lot.

• Juggernauts ED is weak compared to the average hits by players. Very easy to be DPS'd through.

• Endure pain is the only double-edged sword DCD left.

• Leap root ignores emersion and causes mass desync quite often.

• Throwing arm tactical can be used by marauders, reaching 10s downtime of an AoE obfuscate! How did this get through..

• Throwing arm is too strong with too short of a cool down! Why did this get made! Do we hate white damage dealers?

• Meteor brawler set is still being affected by Superheated fuel! Surprise every PT/VG with this set is using the same tactical! DIVERSITY!

• Volatile Strike, triple auto critical on a 15-second cooldown and can be instantly reset? This is too much burst for any class and it's yellow damage!

• Death Knell, triple auto critical yet again, with the possibility of resetting twice in a short period of time. That's 9x auto crits nearly on demand. Maul needs to cost more or do less without a proc, they can literally hit one button and do amazing burst damage.

• Viral elements is hitting the main target twice! That means a tank is getting hit 6x in total if the player uses his backstab reset.

• Cut to pieces, if juggernaut could survive this tactical would show us why they're the king of AoE dot criticals should not scale with multi targets!

• Power yield still procs off of guard damage and environmental damage making it viable for DPS PT's to guard sometimes, even more so in regs! Can we not.

• Power yield should last 15 seconds for PT tank, 10 seconds is too short and they do not get to have an extension like DPS. This would make the right price even more valuable for 20s duration. This tank often just gets tunneled for being a pitiful tank in PvP.

• Abilities considered AoE are counting as a single target! Force storm, Volt rush, who knows what else I am sure there's more.

• Phasewalk has started killing players, also sending people backwards to where they've phase walked from once they move. I assume this has to do with the increasing amount of deaths from holotraverse and phantomstride on targets in the air. Doing porting abilities while in the air has seen a higher death rate than ever.

Warzone issues.

• Vents still do not work. Getting rooted while taking a vent often leads to death by vent.

• Huttball and civil war game modes are still the majority of the queue. People get tired of playing the same two game modes over and over.

• Healers and tanks leaving regular warzones face little to no punishment and hinder an entire team for leaving. Their impact is far greater than a DPS and often a DPS will backfill in their place instead of another of the same role. This leaves a lot of games unbalanced and worse off than having no matchmaking. It's also very easily abused as a tank or healer to queue and leave multiple games all night ruining many players' experience.

• Camera panning happens in a lot of areas colliding with objects that should not be solid, causing their nameplates to disappear even if they're in plain view. If you cannot see the players' nameplate you cannot target them. There's been a heavy increase in these areas in new warzones and it makes it difficult to play this tab target MMO in those situations. I am happy to compile these areas and I'm sure some others are also happy to. I play top-down view and experience this often but I have adapted, one should not have to because of a design flaw.

• Quesh huttball needs a rework, it's the most desync'd map. Everyone agrees, rework it, please! Do this before ever making a new map.

Utility overhaul.

Mara

• Make cloak of carnage, rage and annihilation go back to being baseline for their specs.

• Merge Camo cleanse with interceptor (camo cleanse used to come with fast pred). Buff bloodwards healing.

• Nerf ruthless aggressors yellow damage DR but make it affect yellow damage accuracy also if the utility is taken.

• Interloper is not worth being heroic.*

• 3% Accuracy from carnages old tree was an incredible utility that all three specs could take. That would be worth seeing in heroic with how important accuracy is now.

Utilities I didn't mention I think are fine though the placement is poor.

Bottom tier utilities.

Brazen, Inexorable, Overwhelm, path carver, Thirst for rage.

Mid tier

Subjugation, Interceptor, Relentless, Undying, Through victory, interloper, maiming reach.

Top tier

Blood ward, Unbound, Ruthless Aggressor, Brooding.

Top tier is like this because they do two things in one. Mid tier does either one or two things, both being useful but not as great overall. They could easily be made top tier with slight changes, bottom tier utilities desperately need something else added to them to be more useful. When picking utilities you should be choosing your play style.

I miss reduced cooldown on interrupt for annihilation, that would be a good addition to any utility making it a mid to top tier.*

I would give recommendations of utility ideas if I knew they'd be listened to, I am sure the community would to.

Operative

• Make infiltrator baseline, it's nearly redundant in current state of the game.

• Nerf blow for blow, no reason for operative to have the deadliest reflect, let alone a reflect.

I think this class is a good exmaple of utilities, not gutting the identity of each spec.

Great job!

Assassin

• Split oppressing forces CD reduction of electrocute and add it into Nerve wracking. Then the rest of of to Electric bindings.

• Remove assassins shelter or buff it, current state is bad and phasewalk is gone..

• Make lambaste and snaring slashes the same utility.*

• Remove CD reduction of overload on Audacity and fuse Speed surge to it.

• Make Obfuscation base line, it's redundant at this point.

• Insulation is not good enough to be Heroic.

• Renewing darkness is not good enough to be heroic.

• Give hand of darknesses 100% critical proc to Retaliatory grip, falling in line with the theme of doing more damage, procing off deflection.

The utility layout makes some sense though some current state utilities I mentioned are not placed right.

Powertech

• Fuse prototype electro surge with accelerated reel.

• Reflective armor should swap places with Hitman.

• Pneumatic boots should be fused with suppressive tools.

• Battering ram needs a rework in general, it's bad and PT leap is the most unreliable thing ingame.

The layout is ok, some utilities just suck.

Juggernaut

• Warmonger needs fixed, CDR doesn't work in charge form.

• Strangulate should swap with sonic wall.

• Seething hatred should be bottom tier.

• Consuming rage should be fused with Through power.

• Damage reduce on extending roar needs to be clarified and bumped down from heroic.

Outside that, I think the utilities are good the same with the layout.

Sorcerer

• Corrupted flesh should go back to being madness.

• Sith defiance should be fused with suppression and remain a mid tier.*

• Surging speed, nerf polarity's speed bonus from 100%.

• Stun bubble should be Heroic.

• Unnatural vigor should be masterful.

• Corrupted barrier, enduring bastion needs buffed. Most sorcs see barrier as a second breaker nowadays because it's bad in most situations.

• Enfeebling strike shouldn't exist.

Everything else is good.

Mercenary

• Afterburners missile blast root should only happen every 12 seconds, most players don't make use of it in its current form but it's incredibly strong.*

• Change power bracer to proc off of missile blast, rail shot and rapid scan instead. When the DR is most important they often can't cast unless they're a healer. Otherwise knock it down to bottom tier.

• Supercharged defenses interrupt immunity should be removed.

Utility layout is good, a lot of strong utilities.

Sniper

• Imperial demarcation should just be baseline.*

• Lumbering impact should swap places with debilitating shots.

• Root on coverpulse should be a utility not baseline.

Utilities are good and layout is good.

Lastly the worst set bonus.

Dashing Blademaster..

Mad dash cooldown is nice, but not great alone.*

+2% Alacrity is based on what % is already had. Not good, at all. That goes for all 2%'s of alacrity/acc/crit.

Top it off with Camouflage into mad dash for a critical mad dash hit with slows applied?

Now, I get the idea but this set is terrible.

Why? It uses both escapes to gain an auto critical with a slow, that would require hitting mad dash on a player in the first place.

That's not how either ability is often used.*

It could be salvaged, however.*

2 piece, 2% mastery

4 piece, 10s off Mad dash & 6s of immunity to roots after mad dash.

6 piece, 10% damage boost for 15 seconds after leap & immunity to roots during predation. (Competes with descents damage buff but doesn't get furious power stack resets. While staying a "Dashing blademaster.")

4 set piece sets, for the most part, should become 6 set bonus pieces. Ask the community for ideas for each set!

Most set bonuses are good but need slight changes to compete with other meta sets.

While I know what I have to say is rather lengthy but I figured I'd sum up all the feedback I've been wanting to give since 6.0

I love this game, while it has its problems I want to see them get fixed. Even if only one thing gets fixed or one thing of mine gets listened to I count it as a win, thanks for reading. :)

Solo ranked is ruined because of dps guarding each other especially in games with healers and doing tank's roles. Healers can easily outheal two dps who are cross-guarding each other and team wihout two guards literally has no chances. And in 4 dps vs 4 dps games assassin can easily guard his allies and not die thanks to double vanish and double full hp regen...can you pls Rethink dps guarding in solo ranked please??dps should not be able to cross guard each other like tanks and not dying from it. It just makes tanks USELESS and gives dps with guard huge advantage.

Yes imagine 3 melee dpses which has guards are having worst survivability in even healer games so stay alive against classes like marauder, sorcerer, merc or sniper they have to guard each other and this strat wont even work against a good enemy who can actually swap target to guy who is guarding. You can kill a jugg even with a guard with just ccing healer and swapping target to swap guard and in most of the times even just tunneling him with insane damage of sorc, sniper, mara, merc, oper vs. In every game melee has better DR better survivability than ranged classes but not this game. All ranged classes has much more survivability, more took to control melee and they are insanrly faster.

Sorry mate but in current meta a juggernaut is by far worst class in game and stupid damage from other classes can destroy them easily, sins are also not gret with survivability and what makes them op is stupid maul spam which should be adressed much earlier but when you have clown team they will just ignore it.

You vou can punish guarding with swapping target and make them suffer but i guess you like pushing buttons on a targt instead of changing target. Believe me guard swapping is much harder than target swapping, just play smarter.

As long as they nerf deception sins and concealment ops harder, first, then a small nerf to lightning would be fine.

Small nerf to lightning? They need a real nerf they hit like a truck and has dr like a tank, you need whole team to kille a good LS and he will still do high damage under pressure unlike merc. LS would need a nerf either survivability or damage.

For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

-eric

So when this future class balance patch is gonna happen? Next year? It is already 3 moths after expansion class balance patch should already finished and you should be doing fine tuninig atm.

Small nerf to lightning? They need a real nerf they hit like a truck and has dr like a tank, you need whole team to kille a good LS and he will still do high damage under pressure unlike merc. LS would need a nerf either survivability or damage.

This is nonsense. Good teams, especially those with maras and ops, can totally shut down lightning sorcs if they properly pursue them. There is abundant evidence of this fact in ranked, both in NA and EU.

And mercs still have the ability to do good damage under pressure. it's also trivial for them to take a lot more damage before they die than sorcs. The problem is that they usually still die faster due to a relative lack of mobility.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Yes imagine 3 melee dpses which has guards are having worst survivability in even healer games so stay alive against classes like marauder, sorcerer, merc or sniper they have to guard each other and this strat wont even work against a good enemy who can actually swap target to guy who is guarding. You can kill a jugg even with a guard with just ccing healer and swapping target to swap guard and in most of the times even just tunneling him with insane damage of sorc, sniper, mara, merc, oper vs. In every game melee has better DR better survivability than ranged classes but not this game. All ranged classes has much more survivability, more took to control melee and they are insanrly faster.

Sorry mate but in current meta a juggernaut is by far worst class in game and stupid damage from other classes can destroy them easily, sins are also not gret with survivability and what makes them op is stupid maul spam which should be adressed much earlier but when you have clown team they will just ignore it.

You vou can punish guarding with swapping target and make them suffer but i guess you like pushing buttons on a targt instead of changing target. Believe me guard swapping is much harder than target swapping, just play smarter.

While I don't think it's a huge problem, if taking guard away from my vigi guardian meant getting some form of functional antifocus or the release of the tactical that reduces FD cd, I'd accept it. Most of the protection I do tends to be through taunting on cd anyway. Guard is much higher risk for the reward it gives, and yes, I'm someone who has guarded as a dps effectively in 4v4.

This is nonsense. Good teams, especially those with maras and ops, can totally shut down lightning sorcs if they properly pursue them. There is abundant evidence of this fact in ranked, but in NA and EU.

And mercs still have the ability to do good damage under pressure. it's also trivial for them to take a lot more damage before they die than sorcs. The problem is that they usually still die faster due to a relative lack of mobility.

Do you think amount of damage a LS sorc can do and amount of dr and tools they have perfectly balanced for solo ranked? I think LS sorcs do big damage compared to their survivability one of them needs nerf and opposite goes for madness sorc they need a little survivability boost. Also i didnt claim maras and opers damage and tools are balanced either they need some rework aw especially with their auto crits.

While I don't think it's a huge problem, if taking guard away from my vigi guardian meant getting some form of functional antifocus or the release of the tactical that reduces FD cd, I'd accept it. Most of the protection I do tends to be through taunting on cd anyway. Guard is much higher risk for the reward it gives, and yes, I'm someone who has guarded as a dps effectively in 4v4.

Guard is double edged sword, might win a game or if enemy plays smart can cause you end up dead. ED-FD tactical is a myth it doesnt exist if it was ready it would already be in game but with tht tactical can make a jugg live long enough to use another ed but still without getting guard i dont thing a jugg can live 40 sec in this burst meta. In 4v4 guarding is a big risk and in 2v2 might be game changer but who complains about guard are generally oper, sorc or merc who religiously off heals their teammates which is fine for them but taking half of someone elses damage over you is game breaking :) Snave always complains about guard and he heals his teammates and his defense is you lose gcd while healing but you dont lose anything if you guard. You lose your health and you cant do damage if your are dead just swap target and force the guarding use big dcds or stealth where he becomes vulnerable or has to leave combat where he can do dps or guard again or just dead.

Edited by omeru

Guard is double edged sword, might win a game or if enemy plays smart can cause you end up dead. ED-FD tactical is a myth it doesnt exist if it was ready it would already be in game but with tht tactical can make a jugg live long enough to use another ed but still without getting guard i dont thing a jugg can live 40 sec in this burst meta. In 4v4 guarding is a big risk and in 2v2 might be game changer but who complains about guard are generally oper, sorc or merc who religiously off heals their teammates which is fine for them but taking half of someone elses damage over you is game breaking :) Snave always complains about guard and he heals his teammates and his defense is you lose gcd while healing but you dont lose anything if you guard. You lose your health and you cant do damage if your are dead just swap target and force the guarding use big dcds or stealth where he becomes vulnerable or has to leave combat where he can do dps or guard again or just dead.

This is why I even said "guarding is a high risk for the reward it gives". It can be occasionally useful, however. That's why I say, if the fact we have the group utility of guarding as a dps is why we cant have nice things as a dps guardian, I'll take an antifocus (again, I've suggested in the past improving reflect from being force/ranged/tech attacks to including melee, and it could be as simple as releasing the tactical they claim they made).

TLDR: I dont see guard as a huge problem, because of how squishy we are anyway, but if its guard or get a real antifocus tool, I'll take the antifocus tool.

Do you think amount of damage a LS sorc can do and amount of dr and tools they have perfectly balanced for solo ranked? I think LS sorcs do big damage compared to their survivability one of them needs nerf and opposite goes for madness sorc they need a little survivability boost. Also i didnt claim maras and opers damage and tools are balanced either they need some rework aw especially with their auto crits.

A small nerf to damage would be fine as long as they nerfed deception and concealment first, which is pretty much what I said before lol.

This take is hilariously wrong. Offhealing is pitiful and useless compared to offguarding. You're using very valuable gcds to delay the inevitable in most cases. Offguarding completely changes the complexion of games. And the class that offguards, sins, can stealth out and heal to full multiple times, so your point about not being able to get that health back is totally moot.

This take is hilariously wrong. Offhealing is pitiful and useless compared to offguarding. You're using very valuable gcds to delay the inevitable in most cases. Offguarding completely changes the complexion of games. And the class that offguards, sins, can stealth out and heal to full multiple times, so your point about not being able to get that health back is totally moot.

Not saying I agree with him, but I'm about 95% sure hes not even considering sins. I'm about that certain hes only thinking of guardians.